Filipina Arrested At Suvarnabhumi With 3.2kg Of Cocaine

webfact

Seems quite a fair amount of mind numbing substances are consumed in this country. From OTC drugs to very flammable brain roasting substances.

These mules and their bosses dont appear to be that smart either and sometimes I seriously doubt the sincerity of the law enforcements to put an end to it as it easily passes through several borders.

Hate so say this but you are wrong, their bosses are very smart. They use this girl as a decoy to allow a bigger shipment get in. This is a normal tactic used by gangs, they have a small shipment and a big shipment and then they give a tip to the police for the small shipment.

You are probably right. But why then did then give her so much of the stuff. Is this business really so profitable?

These a...holes are taking over Sukhumvit soi by soi. Myself and friends enjoyed drinking late on 13. It was ideal. Now we call it Coon Corner (this is not racial just a comment about the awful characters who accumulate there now) It got to the stage when there was a fight every night. You had to dodge tables and glasses. How do these

indivuduals make their money? How do they get visas? Why do the Thais not realise the damage they do?

It is ALWAYS the racists that state it is not racial. Yes, these guys are far worst then the Thai, Russian, and europeans that engage in the same behaviors.

Nonsense. I was referring to a particular group of nasty people who have ruined our drinking place and just happen to be Nigerians. Incidentally, one of my friends is Somalian and he coined the original phrase and would echo my comments.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can't imagine the laws are going to change too significantly but you know the pro group, they going to keep sprouting their rubbish & we all know why that is. :)

Nonsense and shows how far separated you are from reality.

I have never used any drugs and have no intention of ever doing it. Not from not having the energy to find it since it is all around, but because I have no interest in using it.

I do however support Your right to make a choice that may or may not be bad for yourself. And I also think laws should make sense. To outlaw things that are less harmful while having more harmful substance for sale does not promote a belief in the justice system nor does it strengthen the anti-drug campaign against our kids as they will question the logic and might also deduct that our warnings over the heavier drugs might just be propaganda aswell...and that is not good.

A bit more TWAP hyperbol, me thinks......perhaps you can state your qualifications and expertise in establishing that some of these things that are LESS HARMFUL. Amphetamines, cocaine, Cannabis are not necessarily LESS HARMFUL than alcohol & it depends what you are talking about regarding its harmfulness....ie: cost to society/health related and soforth.

There are some very highly qualified & experience people out there that clearly outline how harmful some of these substances are.......my guess is ur not interested in hearing the truth. :D . Of course, this doesnt take away from how harmful some of the LEGALISED drugs are, I know first hand about some of them & of course each drug should be talked about on its own basis, not comparing it to others, don't ya think?

I can't imagine the laws are going to change too significantly but you know the pro group, they going to keep sprouting their rubbish & we all know why that is. :)

I have never used any drugs and have no intention of ever doing it. Not from not having the energy to find it since it is all around, but because I have no interest in using it.

I do however support Your right to make a choice that may or may not be bad for yourself. And I also think laws should make sense. To outlaw things that are less harmful while having more harmful substance for sale does not promote a belief in the justice system nor does it strengthen the anti-drug campaign against our kids as they will question the logic and might also deduct that our warnings over the heavier drugs might just be propaganda aswell...and that is not good.

A bit more TWAP hyperbol, me thinks......perhaps you can state your qualifications and expertise in establishing that some of these things that are LESS HARMFUL. Amphetamines, cocaine, Cannabis are not necessarily LESS HARMFUL than alcohol & it depends what you are talking about regarding its harmfulness....ie: cost to society/health related and soforth.

There are some very highly qualified & experience people out there that clearly outline how harmful some of these substances are.......my guess is ur not interested in hearing the truth. :D . Of course, this doesnt take away from how harmful some of the LEGALISED drugs are, I know first hand about some of them & of course each drug should be talked about on its own basis, not comparing it to others, don't ya think?

You write without having the facts on your side.

Some 'weed' is of less health concern than alcohol and on par with tobacco. The former is outlawed while the two latter is not. And that is what I was directly referring to.

I was not even going to mention/drag in the legal drugs sold over counters against prescriptions or from friendly clerks.

But if you think you have the facts on your side, please back up your claim that 'weed' is more harmful than alcohol and tobacco.

People are people, they have their weaknesses and their worries. We are all vulnerable. I once relied on alcohol too much. I look back now and it amazes me at just how much I was consuming. I survived.

Prohibition does not work. It leads to crime. It promotes the activities of the criminal uncaring individuals who have no abilty to worry about the consequences of the damage they do to their fellow human beings.

My knowledge of illicite drugs is rather limited. I would rather have them handled by responsible and respectable doctors with the backing of government than by uncaring dealers in bars and on street corners.

This will be a seismic change in authoratitive thinking, but people don't change. This problem will be forever unless governments throughout the entire World realise that this is their responsibility. Unfortunate drug mules? overdoses? Wealthy dealers? Deaths? My goodness, this can all change with reasoned legalisation.

I repeat: people do not change. Sometimes life can be hard and "props" are easy, but understandable.

You write without having the facts on your side.

Some 'weed' is of less health concern than alcohol and on par with tobacco. The former is outlawed while the two latter is not. And that is what I was directly referring to. I was not even going to mention/drag in the legal drugs sold over counters against prescriptions or from friendly clerks. But if you think you have the facts on your side, please back up your claim that 'weed' is more harmful than alcohol and tobacco.

Hemp is officially classified as a class-5 drug, same as ganga, though the two are as different as coffee and decaff. Alcoholic drinks cause manifold harm to society. Besides the obvious problems, such as traffic accidents and deaths, there are many other reasons, some of which: lost job productivity, higher insurance, fewer hospital beds, wife-beatings, deformed babies, ....the list goes on. So go figure: possession of a little bit of hemp (like in a nutritious breakfast cereal, for example) is a crime which could land you in jail, whereas drinking bottles of hard liquor and beating your girlfriend is tolerated.

Edited by brahmburgers

All you guys saying she is desperate or stupid have no idea how much gets through. Had she not been ratted out she likely doesn't get busted. I'll bet 90%+ of shipments make it through undetected and 75%+ of people busted just lose the drugs and a bribe to the cops.

I won't be running coke anytime soon but I can easily see the risk/reward being attractive to a personal with titanium testicles.

Don't be so naive, you cant always bribe your way out of things in Thailand. If the police accepted bribes all the time then the prisons would not be overcrowded as they are now.

That is why I said 75%+ of the time you can bribe your way out. The other 25% or less you cannot.

And you are being naive if you think there is any other reason for many of those people being in prison other than the fact that they could not afford to bribe the cops.

You can bribe your way out of anything in Thailand, and I mean anything. The only issue is the price.

I have heard from reasonably reliable sources, a story of an American wanted for murder (he had paid for another American to be killed) who was extradited to Thailand. He paid, apparently, 8 million Baht and walked free.

I don't think that the people in jails in Thailand are the kind of persons who can afford to pay a bribe. I've never been there in a Thai jail, however I assume that the population there is from the lower layer of the society. People who can afford brides, but I might be wrong it's just assumption, should be able to pay their way out always. Unless it's a high-profile case and again I assume that the person can walk his/her way out once the dust is set.
All you guys saying she is desperate or stupid have no idea how much gets through. Had she not been ratted out she likely doesn't get busted. I'll bet 90%+ of shipments make it through undetected and 75%+ of people busted just lose the drugs and a bribe to the cops.

I won't be running coke anytime soon but I can easily see the risk/reward being attractive to a personal with titanium testicles.

Don't be so naive, you cant always bribe your way out of things in Thailand. If the police accepted bribes all the time then the prisons would not be overcrowded as they are now.

Gigabyte, I hate to say your assumption is wrong. I know of one falang in jail for drugs that tried to bribe his way out but it didnt work. He still has a few more years to go. Also, there have been some articles in that past years about some high profile falangs that got arrested and in jail. So I really dont think even if you have the cash you can always buy your way out.

Wrong. They just didn't have enough cash.