Problem With Firefox 3.6/ 3,6.2 On I Mac

msg362

On two i Mac computers here Firefox 3.6 and 3.6.2 upgrades have been downloaded but neither computer will load. Pressing the icon at the bottom means it dances for a few seconds and then stops.

I've had to 'trash' 3.6 and reinstall 3.5.8 then it works fine

Anyone else with the same problem and is there an answer??

Thanks

Can't you just download 3.6.2 and install it? The FF download page usually has the latest. Trash 3.6, and download a new version.

It happens both with 3.6.0 and 3.6.2 same problem. I've uninstalled and downloaded on two iMacs same problem

Does it open from the application folder? Sometimes the icon in the tray needs to be removed and the new icon put in its place. I hope it is that simple.

You could always try repairing permissions and running the maintenance scripts but two machines responding the same way makes it sound like it is the downloaded file.

Does it open from the application folder? Sometimes the icon in the tray needs to be removed and the new icon put in its place. I hope it is that simple.

You could always try repairing permissions and running the maintenance scripts but two machines responding the same way makes it sound like it is the downloaded file.

Yes is it the same from both the icon and going into 'applications; folder. Like you I suspect a problem with the downloaded file but I have no idea. I will; try repairing permissions, but for the time being I'll stay with 3.5.8