Another Thread Looking For A Good Tailor In Bangkok

Sarariman

I looked at all the posts with "tailor" in the title and still haven't found what I'm looking for.

I'd like to know of a tailor in Bangkok that can do a good suit from measurements sent Internetically for USD300/GBP200/EUR223/UYU5,740. I can wait as long as it takes.

Legend speaks of Rajawongse, who cater to Presidents, State Department Officials, Nancy Reagan, spies and secret service agents (who like their suits loose). I was particularly impressed to hear they outfitted the whole of the US Bangkok embassy, at least until I found out that that amounted to just three guys. I'll get shirts from them but, alas, they won't do a suit just from measurements sent-in. I read repeatedly that you need at least three fittings.

Lonely Planet recommends Narin Couture. I've heard a number of good things (and perhaps one bad) about Romeo and Juliet and Raja's. I used to live next door to Mr Boss but they don't reply to emails, their 'phone numbers don't work and when I try to send a message via their website Firefox says it's been reported as an attack site.

I saw a few posters say you're better off buying off-the-peg in Farang-land than getting one made-to-measure in Bangkok and also that because Thais are diminuitive, Thai tailors pad shoulders excessively.

I got my current suit from Savile Row eight years ago and since then I've expanded ever-so-slightly. I've been wondering if I could just get it altered.

Edited by Sarariman

I had a suit made for myself at this place called Jhasper Fashion and was very happy with their material and fit. Then after six months or so when I was back in my hometown I sent them my brother's measurements over the internet and asked them if they could do it. They happily did it for me and the suit fitted brother well, he was surprised himself! If I've not mistaken their suit range is around US$300 depending on the fabric you pick. It reached pretty quick as well...google them up!