Earth Hour

No booze or birds for 1 hour! :) . No seriously. Switch off the air con. That uses more energy than anything else in my place.

That means I can come over & sweat it out over there?

I intend to rebel against all these global warming Nazis and switch on all 10 air cons, fans, TV's and every light in the house and leave them on for 4 hours never mind the 1.

Take a deep breath Dunk, you can have a cold rub down too, OK ? :)

what is earth hour. i am guessing it is something to do with the enviroment for an hr. maybe switching off electric. can i hold my breath for 1 hr to save carbon dioxide. or am i being silly :D:):D

what is earth hour. i am guessing it is something to do with the enviroment for an hr. maybe switching off electric. can i hold my breath for 1 hr to save carbon dioxide. or am i being silly :D:):D

Turn your computer off for an hour , that would be more beneficial. :D

what is earth hour. i am guessing it is something to do with the enviroment for an hr. maybe switching off electric. can i hold my breath for 1 hr to save carbon dioxide. or am i being silly :D:D:D

I actually thought it would be a great idea if he held his breath for an hour :D .... theres one born every minute :)

well i agree its a load of old <deleted>...................i'll go and lay on the beach for an hour with mossie cream,girlfriend,and look at the stars.Is that a contribution?

Sure is , that will earn you 5 credits.

well i agree its a load of old <deleted>...................i'll go and lay on the beach for an hour with mossie cream,girlfriend,and look at the stars.Is that a contribution?

might even get a polish :)

Ahmmmmmmmmm, they don't do manicure at night.

what is earth hour. i am guessing it is something to do with the enviroment for an hr. maybe switching off electric. can i hold my breath for 1 hr to save carbon dioxide. or am i being silly :D:D:D

I actually thought it would be a great idea if he held his breath for an hour :D .... theres one born every minute :)

funny u should say that just been practicing my breath holding. nly lasted 1 minute. maybe in that time another 1 of me was born. well if i die. at least there will be another 60 of me or 69 to take my place :D

personally i think it is all conspiracy for big burglers to make bigger profits. seriously. i don't it last year. i turn off my electric for 1 hour. nearly cost me my life as i fell down the stairs. think of how much carbon dioxide i would have saved if i had died. how many hours in a year. funnily enough. i notice that my house was the only one with the lights off. the other people must have thought i was a right nutter. they obviously are not fine tuned to there internets and tellys.

No booze or birds for 1 hour! :) . No seriously. Switch off the air con. That uses more energy than anything else in my place.

will u follow the hr. with 1 hour of happy 1 hr to make up for it. might bring the punters back lol

personally i think it is all conspiracy for big burglers to make bigger profits. seriously. i don't it last year. i turn off my electric for 1 hour. nearly cost me my life as i fell down the stairs. think of how much carbon dioxide i would have saved if i had died. how many hours in a year. funnily enough. i notice that my house was the only one with the lights off. the other people must have thought i was a right nutter. they obviously are not fine tuned to there internets and tellys.

:):D :D

My mistake :D

funny u should say that just been practicing my breath holding. nly lasted 1 minute. maybe in that time another 1 of me was born. well if i die. at least there will be another 60 of me or 69 to take my place :D

And at least you will die doing something you enjoy :D why on earth would you practice such a thing? :D

My mistake :D

And at least you will die doing something you enjoy :D why on earth would you practice such a thing? :D

cause it has come at a good time. i herd there is a bird a nice looking 1 sitting near me and she is Training CPR. if i am luky i might pull ha ha

cause it has come at a good time. i herd there is a bird a nice looking 1 sitting near me and she is Training CPR. if i am luky i might pull ha ha

Big C, which hospital are you sitting in at the moment? :)

Big C, which hospital are you sitting in at the moment? :)

i have recently been discharged but i am a regualar patient. whoops i mean vistor. )

I thought we had frequent earth hours on Samui. We had one in Banrak last night...power off for a couple of hours.

Not wrong there,we do more then our bit :)

I intend to rebel against all these global warming Nazis and switch on all 10 air cons, fans, TV's and every light in the house and leave them on for 4 hours never mind the 1.

Your post says just about everything about you, doesn't it. :)

Is it now mandatory to switch off your sense of humour when logging into TV or just this forum ? :D

I have read the rules and regs but it doesn't say ?

Don't want to upset the holier than thou greenies do we :D

Your post says just about everything about you, doesn't it. :)

Is it now mandatory to switch off your sense of humour when logging into TV or just this forum ? :D

I have read the rules and regs but it doesn't say ?

Don't want to upset the holier than thou greenies do we :D

Am i the only one that understands the biting satire with which you speak Duncs? :D

the world loves trendy causes.Is global warming one of them?There is sure money to be made out of it.My take (for what its worth)is that our lifestyle does infact cause global warming.The fact that eminent scientists doubting GW have had their prognosis leaked to the media enforces the fact we are the cause to some degree(no pun intended).

World bodies,and world governments have been unable to get a concensus on what to do about it,because no one wants to give up their creature comforts and emerging nations such as india and china are not having a bar of it,their logic being,its time for catch up as the west have had the last 100 years to develop.I guess they have a point.

Anyway i think everyone has agreed to put it in the too hard basket,hence the leeking of documents not supporting the GW theory.

In the meantime everyone can contribute and there must be money to be made making buildings,houses energy efficent and much more.If govts. were serious about it they could start by banning plastic bags and bottles,an easy

thing to do.

Thailand does contribute in a big way by the continual power cuts,they can hold their heads up up high.No need for these ridiculous wind powered monstrosities that look like they could blight koh tao and keep away tourists.