Xp Pro - Some Pics/graphics Won't Display

Steve2UK

Hi All,

On some sites, I only see a boxed red "X" where I should be seeing the graphic or pic. Doesn't seem to depend on any common factor that I can spot - even my own avatar on ThaiVisa showed only as an "X" a couple of times although other avatars on the same thread page were normal.

Prime example is

http://www.expedia.co.uk/

but I get it sometimes with thumbnails and full-sized pics on other sites. I have pop-up blocking in place, but I doubt that's relevant to embedded graphics & pics?

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

XP Pro SP2

Zone Alarm Pro

AVG 7.0

PestPatrol

Sounds like you have your browser set to only display cached images.  Therefore, any images you've already seen and have in your harddisk cache are displayed.  Anything else is not loaded and not displayed.

Thanks, FF, but I don't think so - images are displayed normally on most sites (including ones I go to for the first time) and I regularly empty the cache.

Since I first posted, I turned up a Microsoft Support article

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/283807/?sd=RMVP

and I've worked my way through the basic changes, but no success yet :o

Yeah !!

just opened my homepage today "msn.com" and it is the same story,pics are X,ed out, checked my settings and all seems ok. must be that invisible firewall we all have ,lol also does anybody know how to open a web page big-boys.com or gprime.net when i click on a foto media player goes black and cannot stream the funny vid. thank you in advance for any replies.

PS, can pm me if theres a problem putting in the forum, dont worry about the name of the site ,open it you'll understand (small funny videos)

:o I read about your man putting his pc in the fridge nearly pissed myself lol

great forum!

Dublish.

Steve2UK,

FF is so much better209130.gif

Funny, the image in this post shows as a 'red X' on my machine (XpPro IE6) :D

Same just happened to me - I saw it normally about 2 hours ago and haven't changed a thing since?!?! :o

Just now....

I saw it an x, clicked 'show me'

Or maybe this forum program?

It showed.

Hit refresh

x again :D

I've simply never had that happen before, in my memory. I've seen an x sometimes over profile graphics here, but those were always 404's because I'd pick the url from Propeties and paste it into a browser...

Weird shit on XP-Pro or IE6?

Or this forum program?

Or maybe the graphic being interlaced, or an 87a, or some combination in the original form?

Edited by Ajarn

I downloaded it, opened it in animation Shop, resaved it, uploaded it to my site..

innocent.gif

No x for me here, but the one above is still x until I manually open it again... weird

After refreshing the page, the one above shows x, while the one in this post remains open and visible

How strange it all seems...

Edited by Ajarn

I downloaded it, opened it in animation Shop, resaved it, uploaded it to my site..

innocent.gif

No x for me here, but the one above is still x until I manually open it again... weird

After refreshing the page, the one above shows x, while the one in this post remains open and visible

How strange it all seems...

That particular gif was posted via (SmileyXtra3.1) http://www.smileyxtra.co.uk/

Which is a Firefox extension.