Noise From The Mosques

AlanL1275

The OP also said

"...I am Christian, Thailand is Buddhist, why does everyone have to listen to this. It wouldn't be proper for me to stand in front of a Mosque while this is going on and preach Christianity with a PA System."

As has been pointed out Thailand 2nd religion, completely accepted by all thais is islam. Christianity does not have a similar official status, though of course thais are tolerant of all religions, their practices and their places of worship.

Does the OP know that the previous army chief, Sonthi was a muslim, that their past foreign minister and now head of Asean, Surin is a muslim. Such appointments would not happen in America. Whatever America is supposed to be, in practice it's something else. Thailand in practice is infinitely more tolerant than America.

Both General Sonthi and Surin are Muslims and yes, in Mahboonkhrong or MBK shopping Mall there are 2 Muslim Prayer Rooms for tourists or workers who need to pray when they are there.There are also Muslim Prayer Rooms in Suvanarbhumi, Phuket and Hat Yai Airports so a point about Thailand's respect for Islam as a religion here. Thanks for being a tolerant individual.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very Expensive area of Bangkok?

Where would that be?

Off Phatanakan road Muang thong 2 if that is important.

I was just racking my brain at what part of Siam/Yowwarat/Thong Lor/Ekamai/Wireless/Lang Suan/Sukhumvit/Silom/Sathorn had a Mosque with a loud call to prayer, I totally forgot about errr Muang Thong 2~?

Simple answer....... get some earplugs. I just had a custom pair made for me and it is a new world now. Just the normal city noise is enough to drive you crazy, not to mention the damage it causes to your hearing.