Problems With Vonage

ChiangMaiThai

For the past 3 weeks my Vonage has been down. I just woke up one morning and it was blinking twice pausing and repeating which means that it can't find an IP address. I have rebooted. I have factory reset the Motorolla device too. Neither has worked.

I have Ji-Net with a TT&T line and have been using Vonage for the past 8 months with no problems. Interestingly, this blinking twice thing is exactly what it did when I tried to use it with TSpeed which I found out later, does not support Vonage. So fromt hat one might think that Ji-net too is no longer supporting Vonage, but they insist that they haven't changed any of their settings.

Is anyone else having problems with Vonage? If you're not, what is your phone line and who is your ISP? Thanks!

Mine is fine, especially since True did the packet-smoothing thing for bittorrent.

However, my setup is about as different from yours as can be. I've got a True phone line, True Internet, and it's the Linksys RT31P2 phone adaptor, not the Motorola one.

Mine is fine, especially since True did the packet-smoothing thing for bittorrent.

However, my setup is about as different from yours as can be. I've got a True phone line, True Internet, and it's the Linksys RT31P2 phone adaptor, not the Motorola one.

After 6 emails and 6 phone calls all rputed to India where they have no authority to do anything, I finally got through to someone in the US. They are sending a new Motorolla device as they say a power surge may have fried this one. So we will wait and see.

I've got mine on a UPS, along with the computers, and the router.

And the UPS's are plugged into a surge protector. I've had far too many lightning strikes near the house at this time of year to not have my electronics on some sort of protection.