Problem With A Microsoft Sql 2005 Server Error

livinthailandos

1st I want to let everyone know that my computers are running

Licensed copies of windows 7 professional

Second I do have Avast professional paid for

All my computers run on limited accounts

Heres my problem

SQL Server was not found or is not functioning properly. Please make sure the copy of SQL Server is installed and running on the server computer you specified

Could not connect to the database. A network-related or instance-specific error occured while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections (provider: Name Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server

I have tried many things and nothing is working. Please note the software Is not a copy I pay full price for it. I have tried

CMD then net start mssqlserver and net stop mssqlserver all I got was a invalid name

I went to services.msc to start the SQL but it will not start

I have gone to the SQL Server configuration tools - SQL Server Configuration Manager and even enabled named pipes

So far everything I have tried has not worked. I tried in CMD a ip /release and ip /renew that did work either.

Anyone out there have experience and any idea how to fix this. Also note this SQL Server with my software has been running 4 months straight with no problems at all