Smoking

I know you probably don't want to hear this. But this method worked for me....

I have a DVD - it's the Allan Carr's Easy Way To Stop Smoking. I read his book about 3 times, but couldn't stop.

Anyway, I watched the DVD with a mate and quit that day, my mate also. I had been smoking for about 10 years and my friend the same. Never smoked a cigarette since.

PM Me. You're more than welcome to borrow it.

Matt.

if you have the time, join a gym or take up a sport - swimming, cycling, boxing, anything. go at it like a man possessed....especially when you feel the urge to smoke. your cravings will soon go.

if you drink you could lay off booze for a while - I know when I was drinking I wanted to smoke way more than when I was sober. once you're confident you've stopped smoking you can gradually have a drink again.

I know you probably don't want to hear this. But....

...the only one who puts a cigarette on your lips is you, nobody else. If you don't command your fingers to do that, nobody will do that. You are the one and only master of yourself. Once while smoking I thought: smoking? the most unnecessary crab I can do, put the cigarette away and never smoked again. That is true.

Quomen works wonderfully for me. I quit taking the prescription after a couple of weeks.

Around 100 days without.

Of course you need to will to quit.

Good luck, is not so difficult (35 years smoking!!) to stop.

Quomen works wonderfully for me. I quit taking the prescription after a couple of weeks.

Around 100 days without.

Of course you need to will to quit.

Good luck, is not so difficult (35 years smoking!!) to stop.

Do you remember if you had any side effects with Quomen?

I expect that it is available over the counter at Boots. Any idea of cost would be appreciated.

Champex works but if you need to go on a boat you could experience sever nausea due to the side effects. I had never been seasick despite constant sea travel through the Gulf until a 1/2 meter swell while on this medication. One massive exit without a followup so not too bad.

I know you probably don't want to hear this. But this method worked for me....

I have a DVD - it's the Allan Carr's Easy Way To Stop Smoking. I read his book about 3 times, but couldn't stop.

Anyway, I watched the DVD with a mate and quit that day, my mate also. I had been smoking for about 10 years and my friend the same. Never smoked a cigarette since.

Allan Carr's Easy Way To Stop Smoking has worked for me too. Admittedly I'm only 10 days down the road, but it has been EASY. All he really does is straighten out your thinking so that YOU DON'T FEEL DEPRIVED. Damned fine idea...

I even sat around with friends and had a goodly amount of beers last night - no problem! I actually just listened to the audio book, and that has worked great for me. I didn't know there was a DVD.

All of Allan Carr's Easy Way To Stop Smoking stuff (PDF, audio book and DVD) are available via torrents; although of course being illegal I'm not advocating this - just pointing out a fact... :)

GOOD LUCK

Quiting nicotine is harder than heroin. Good luck to anyone who tries!

That's a myth that installs a false belief in someone. Even non-smokers think giving up smoking is one of the hardest things to do. It's these mental barriers that make it so hard to give something up.

Birdman is spot on with what he said.

You simply stop. You go through nicotine withdrawal for a few days (feel shitty, like the flu, etc) and you're done. It's actually the nicotine leaving the body that creates the craving for another cigarette. This process normally takes around an hour, hence a smoker normally smokes a ciggie every hour. Once you realise that smoking simply doesn't do anything, it's easy to stop. A smoker is simply trying to get to the state of a non-smoker. Allan Carr likens it to putting on tight shoes just to take them off.

You need to break the mental barrier first (hence the allan carr method) - then go through the couple of day withdrawal, which is no worse than having a cold for a few days.

All the best,

Matt.

Quiting nicotine is harder than heroin. Good luck to anyone who tries!

That's a myth that installs a false belief in someone. Even non-smokers think giving up smoking is one of the hardest things to do. It's these mental barriers that make it so hard to give something up.

Birdman is spot on with what he said.

You simply stop. You go through nicotine withdrawal for a few days (feel shitty, like the flu, etc) and you're done. It's actually the nicotine leaving the body that creates the craving for another cigarette. This process normally takes around an hour, hence a smoker normally smokes a ciggie every hour. Once you realise that smoking simply doesn't do anything, it's easy to stop. A smoker is simply trying to get to the state of a non-smoker. Allan Carr likens it to putting on tight shoes just to take them off.

You need to break the mental barrier first (hence the allan carr method) - then go through the couple of day withdrawal, which is no worse than having a cold for a few days.

All the best,

Matt.

Can I smoke the book?

If you really want to stop smoking you can do it cold turkey. I did it ten years ago and it is the best thing I ever did. These props just drag out the process and are all in the mind IMHO.

While nocotine is a very addictive drug it takes a short time to become independent of it. The rest is purly habit.

Champax -- if u know the area around Rama IV, opposite the side entrance to Rama IV hospital and near to Patpong Road, there are 4 Chemists that sell everything,including Champax

incidentally, 3 members of my immediate family and 2 Thai friend have ALL given up after using champax

After that book I can even enjoy the odd fine cigar with out worrying about starting back on the cigarette's.

Going kinda in the opposite direction of the original post, can someone recommend a spot on the island where you can get decent cigars lol!

The Allen Carr method works.

Don't ever kid yourself though that you can just have the odd ciggy.....you will end up straight back on them.

Do as the book/dvd says and you will stop effortlessly :)

my last cigarrette was 1999 jan 1 0400 hrs. i used nothing but oxgyn to get off the fags. that and chewing gum and a punch bag and the accasional fight and modd swing. there again nothing much has changed. all down hill from the last time i smoked but it was all worth it.

my mate done it the same way. cold turkey. he was remenaded to wandsworth nick about 2 weeks after smoking then got 3 years. still off the fags though. smoking. mugs game

Quit on my 40th birthday after 25 years.

Told everybody that I shall stop.

After that I loose face if I start again. :)

That is 2 years, 8 months, 23 days ago.

Swedish snuff first.

Then Indian snuff (Chaini Khaini, can buy at Indie mart).

Now some "Yaa nut" if the nicotine urge comes.

Edited by PoorSucker

If you really want to stop smoking you can do it cold turkey. I did it ten years ago and it is the best thing I ever did. These props just drag out the process and are all in the mind IMHO.

While nocotine is a very addictive drug it takes a short time to become independent of it. The rest is purly habit.

Respect to you for doing it the hard, but why not do it the easy way of Allen Carr :)

The Allen Carr method works.

Don't ever kid yourself though that you can just have the odd ciggy.....you will end up straight back on them.

Do as the book/dvd says and you will stop effortlessly :)

my last cigarrette was 1999 jan 1 0400 hrs. i used nothing but oxgyn to get off the fags. that and chewing gum and a punch bag and the accasional fight and modd swing. there again nothing much has changed. all down hill from the last time i smoked but it was all worth it.

my mate done it the same way. cold turkey. he was remenaded to wandsworth nick about 2 weeks after smoking then got 3 years. still off the fags though. smoking. mugs game

Then there is ofcourse the BigC method :D