What Exactly Is A Midnight Sale?

edwardandtubs

I know I'm setting myself up for ridicule with this question but I'm just wondering how the Midnight Sales in department stores actually work. Do they literally take place at midnight or what? Are there bargains galore or is it a typical Thai retail gimmick? The advert for the current Paragon Midnight Sale is all in Thai so can't work it out.

My best guess is that it takes place when they feel like it so just show up at any time, it would however be a serious mistake to show up at a Thai shopping mall at midnight expecting a sale to begin, it will be closed and everyone will have gone home.

I have noticed that Thai's love to take western terminology that sounds hip to them and use it in their marketing programs with no understanding to its western meaning. They and the potential Thai market just love it. :)

Is this the one? http://www.central.co.th/index.html

Google translate cannot make much of it either.... :)

This one:

http://www.themalldepartmentstore.com/home...side.php?id=508

It says they're open til midnight from the 26th - 28th. But, to milk your username again, it's for locals only. And keep your hands off the precious things.

It says they're open til midnight from the 26th - 28th. But, to milk your username again, it's for locals only. And keep your hands off the precious things.

:)

Yeah. No " No-tails" allowed.

Midnight sale is sale programs take place between 9.00 pm until midnight. Midnight sales are similar to other sale programs, such as super great sale, but the sale time is limited and take place at night. Sale at midnight hosted in weekends or during holiday.

Simple, eh? :)