Tony Romas

coutsa

Hi,

We are coming to Bangkok soon and saw an add for Tony Romas, I believe they are located in Siam Paragon Shopping Center.

Are they any good? I saw a pic of their Ribs that a customer took and they looked fantastic. Tried Hard Rock when I was there last time and wasnt too impressed.

Tony Roma's at Siam Paragon Mall is super expensive and the taste is the same as in the USA.

For 2 people to have full slab ribs and appetizers with coke for drinks, looking at around 1800 thb +

Tax, VAT, Service Charge jump the bill right up there

Never had a problem with food quality.

There is also a Tony Roma's at Sukhumvit Soi 5

My opinion is that they are not bad, but way overpriced. The Duke's in Chiang Mai sell an enormous meal that is too big to finish with a salad, potatoes and cornbread for about 200 baht and the ribs are of similar quality.

I've been to that dukes place - you're right re portion size........holy 5hit - I thought I could handle a big meal but the portion's in that place are unbelievable.

Yeh, Took Leh Dee............ in food land...........

Big legal issue...... rental management company collecting rents did not have right to rent......... real owner took over and is annoying everyone to leave. Apparently want to demolish the building ( rumour has it building >40 yrs old - BMA forcing them to demolish too ) and build hotel or something.

My opinion is that they are not bad, but way overpriced. The Duke's in Chiang Mai sell an enormous meal that is too big to finish with a salad, potatoes and cornbread for about 200 baht and the ribs are of similar quality.

We're in agreement for once UG. :) I tried the cheeseburger in the Sukhumvit branch and it was a big portion but just OK so I never finished it.. Nothing special. But the price was way over the top imo.

Never been back.

Yeh, Took Leh Dee............ in food land...........

Big legal issue...... rental management company collecting rents did not have right to rent......... real owner took over and is annoying everyone to leave. Apparently want to demolish the building ( rumour has it building >40 yrs old - BMA forcing them to demolish too ) and build hotel or something.

Well that one way of clearing out the 419 ers who seem to have taken over the area.

^western prices which is a given when you eat at chain type restaurant. :)

Unfortunately I had no idea it was a chain restaurant at the time. I prefer Hard Rock if I eat at one of these places its expensive but usually decent food especially the burgers at the Hyde Park Corner branch...Bangkok's aint bad either mind you.

We're in agreement for once UG. :) I tried the cheeseburger in the Sukhumvit branch and it was a big portion but just OK so I never finished it.. Nothing special. But the price was way over the top imo.

Never been back.

I forced my Thai friend to eat there with me. I was swearing on how good it was, the best ribs etc. We both got sick from some of the greasiest coldest toughest ribs ever. Dark place to eat and not very good service either. A major disappointment because I love Tony Romas.

the foodland store is handy and the bar is good for quick and cheap food. however, it's always too busy during the day and the scabs fighting over seats - usually arabs - can be slightly off-putting.

Edited by game4shame

• 1 month later...