Wave 110i Tire Upgrade

Lancelot

My buddy traded his Yahmaha Fino for a brand spanking new Honda 110i. Great bike and if I were buying a scooter today, I'd choose one over my current mini beast Honda CZi :)

Anyway, he immediately upgraded the tires and rims (spokes) to 80/90 FKR (Think thats the correct brand) and he allowed me to drive his bike.

WOW! The ride/handeling is so much better than the stock tires on my CZi.

He paid B2,600 all in for the new tires and rims, installed. the shop said they had "softer" tires (better rife?) that would cost an additional B400 or 3,000 total.

So, for you Wave owners out there, does B2,600 sound about right ofr tire/rim upgrade? Any recommendations as to brands and shops?

I also noticed the the titres were marked "tublesss" but the valve stem looks like the standard tube stem with threads and a nut to fasten the stem to the rim. Maybe the rims could not handle tubless tires or maybe its a Thai habit to install an inner tube any way?

Thanks in advance for replies.

Lance

Edited by Lancelot

For my AirBlade Mag rims are usually about 1,000bht each

Tyres 300-600bht each

So the price he paid sounds right to me.

Softer tyres wear out quickly but have better grip, Harder tyres are more slippery but last a lot longer.

Edited by sarahsbloke

For my AirBlade Mag rims are usually about 1,000bht each

Tyres 300-600bht each

So the price he paid sounds right to me.

Softer tyres wear out quickly but have better grip, Harder tyres are more slippery but last a lot longer.

Thanks S.

My buddy rims are spoked though. The Air blade mag rims are only B1,000? Great price!

300 to 600 for hundred for tires sounds very reasonable.