I Fed 'a Dog Some Left Overs 'at 'a Restraurant.

SeanMoran

Last night, being a Sunday, I went to the top place in all my memory for a lamb roast, just for one last time before I sold my Honda back to the shop I bought it from today, and a feed best left to my imagination of times gone by,and there was a labrador bitch, golden I'd say, and most well mannered at the alfesco verandah that I prefer to dine at, so I can enjoy the traditional cigarette before, and after a good meal. (I am a fire sign so it's not out of character that I appreciate mankind's harnessing of fire before and after a good plate of lamb cutlets).

As a Chinese Fire Goat, I am usually rather quite kind to dogs too, and they know it, whether I need their appreciation and slag on my khaki safari shorts or not. How is a man supposed to tell a good dog to get lost anyway? So I told her with hand signs that I'd leave her a few juicy pieces, and I did.

When I'd finished my extra specially coveted Sunday Lamb ROAST dinner, I put aside some of the lamb and potato and a skerrick of brocholii for the golden bitch waiting, and there was a clean piece of floor at the edge of the verandah, so I carefully scraped the promised tid-bits onto it, stood and got out the way, and gave her a pat on the back to say, "Go for it" and she did.

Then she walked back to the aisle and lay down at my feet and panted good thanks, and Pim walked up. Pim is human. I bought Pim a pepsi in a small glass for 90 baht. Pim and I are friends over the past couple of months, and only at the pub, to say hello, and I'd always buy her a drink, because that is part of how she gets paid each month. Still she's my friend and she's human, while the dog is my friend since yesterday, but she's not human.

How am I supposed to differentiate my behaviour between the kindness to a laborador and kindness to a fellow human?

The only thing I would be worried about Sean is if the lab tried to hump you mate.

I never let it go that far and she knew I wasn't in the market, but it's just that I have been in recollection mode today, and think about that pub where it's expected that you buy a lady a drink every now and then, and I've made at least five good friends at that place, and they tend to alternate because they know my financial days are numbered, to one at a time, but then this golden retriever turns up and what should I do, when she behaves with perfect manners, and waits patiently for me to finish eating, and then offer the leftovers.

What is the difference?

I love animals as fellow sentient beings and if some big fat dog tells me she's hungry I'll feed her even though she looks well-fed already, but when a pretty girl who I know reasonably well from conversations at the restaurant needs a drink to make her monthly quota, and I oblige, then how can I maintain that the two are not the same thing. To me, I care for dogs, and I care for people, but surely there must be something to make sure we don't end up mixing up our altruism between species.

What is is that separates humans from dogs?

The only thing I would be worried about Sean is if the lab tried to hump you mate.

I never let it go that far and she knew I wasn't in the market, but it's just that I have been in recollection mode today, and think about that pub where it's expected that you buy a lady a drink every now and then, and I've made at least five good friends at that place, and they tend to alternate because they know my financial days are numbered, to one at a time, but then this golden retriever turns up and what should I do, when she behaves with perfect manners, and waits patiently for me to finish eating, and then offer the leftovers.

What is the difference?

I love animals as fellow sentient beings and if some big fat dog tells me she's hungry I'll feed her even though she looks well-fed already, but when a pretty girl who I know reasonably well from conversations at the restaurant needs a drink to make her monthly quota, and I oblige, then how can I maintain that the two are not the same thing. To me, I care for dogs, and I care for people, but surely there must be something to make sure we don't end up mixing up our altruism between species.

That's easy: You can lead a dog to water but the Pim prefers cola. That and the fact we walk on two legs most of the time.

What is the difference?

That's easy: You can lead a dog to water but the Pim prefers cola. That and the fact we walk on two legs most of the time.

Pim drinks cola because that is what she gets paid to drink. The dog wanted water but I had none to give, (shame on whoever brought her there for their ignorance) and it was not my place to get someone else's dog drunk on beer), and the dog can run much faster on four legs than I can, or Pim, but the issue is with regards to altruism here. What is the difference between a so-called 'lady drink' for a friend I know and trust, and a few scraps from a meal leftover on the tiles for someone's stray dog?

What is the difference?

Pim drinks cola because that is what she gets paid to drink. The dog wanted water but I had none to give, (shame on whoever brought her there for their ignorance) and it was not my place to get someone else's dog drunk on beer), and the dog can run much faster on four legs than I can, or Pim, but the issue is with regards to altruism here. What is the difference between a so-called 'lady drink' for a friend I know and trust, and a few scraps from a meal leftover on the tiles for someone's stray dog?

Final answer is: Your Mrs won't yell at you for giving the dog your leftovers.

Dogs are more loyal, they won't steal your beer but they may mount your leg.

WHY DOGS ARE BETTER THAN WOMEN

Dogs don't cry (unless they have to pee).

Dogs love it when your friends come over.

Dogs don't care if you use their shampoo.

Dogs think you sing great.

A dog's time in the bathroom is confined to a quick drink.

Dogs don't expect you to call when you are running late.

The later you are, the more excited dogs are to see you

Dogs will forgive you for playing with other dogs.

Dogs don't notice if you call them by another dog's name.

Dogs are excited by rough play.

Dogs don't mind if you give their offspring away.

Dogs understand that farts are funny.

Dogs love red meat.

Dogs can appreciate excessive body hair.

Anyone can get a good-looking dog.

If a dog is gorgeous, other dogs don't hate it.

Dogs don't shop.

Dogs like it when you leave lots of things on the floor.

A dog's disposition stays the same all month long.

Dogs never need to examine the relationship.

A dog's parents never visit.

Dogs love long car trips.

Dogs understand that instincts are better than asking for directions.

Dogs understand that all animals smaller than dogs were made to be hunted.

When a dog gets old and starts to snap at you incessantly, you can shoot it.

Dogs like beer.

Dogs don't hate their bodies.

No dog ever bought a Kenny G or Hootie & the Blowfish album.

No dog ever put on 100 pounds after reaching adulthood.

Dogs never criticize.

Dogs agree that you have to raise your voice to get your point across.

Dogs never expect gifts.

It's legal to keep a dog chained up at your house.

Dogs don't worry about germs.

Dogs don't want to know about every other dog you ever had.

Dogs like to do their snooping outside as opposed to in your wallet, desk, and the back of your sock drawer.

Dogs don't let magazine articles guide their lives.

Dogs would rather have you buy them a hamburger dinner than a lobster one.

You never have to wait for a dog, they're ready to go 24 hours a day.

Dogs have no use for flowers, cards, or jewelry.

Dogs don't borrow your shirts.

Dogs never want foot-rubs.

Dogs enjoy heavy petting in public.

Dogs find you amusing when you're drunk.

Dogs can't talk. Dogs aren't catty.

Dogs seldom outlive you.

Dogs love red meat.

Dogs don't shop.

Dogs like beer.

Dogs never criticize.

Dogs never expect gifts.

Dogs like to do their snooping outside as opposed to in your wallet, desk, and the back of your sock drawer.

Dogs seldom outlive you.

And if a dog is barking outside the door, when you let it in it shuts up, but if a woman is shouting outside the door and you let her in she only gets louder

Edited by thaimite

I'm starting to wonder after reading the odd post here and there if living in Thailand for a prolonged period of time could possibly turn you stark raving bonkers.

Aye, so say the psychos in the western labs, but even if the dog is certified as totally sane for a mutt, what is the difference?

<edit: hurried typos on innane words that wouldn't be worth mucking wikth except they stuffed up the post>

Edited by SeanMoran

"Bog' should of course have read "blog" but come to think about it, I am not amending it, given the crapulous subject matter of your post and likely content of your bog - sorry blog.

Have you been reading my mail, sonny jim? :)

Would it be okay if we let some others get back on topic now, SC?

Dogs love red meat.

Dogs don't shop.

Dogs like beer.

Dogs never criticize.

Dogs never expect gifts.

Dogs seldom outlive you.

Absolutely great,now if dogs could only cook and give a decent massage. :) Edited by BLUEEYEDTHAI

"Bog' should of course have read "blog" but come to think about it, I am not amending it, given the crapulous subject matter of your post and likely content of your bog - sorry blog.

But bog sounds much more appropriate.

"speciesism" is at the core of this debate, you can read about it here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speciesism

What is your opinion, Mr Will? Should we give equally to the dogs on the verandah as the humans on the verandah, or should one species be trusted more than another?

Both can be a Bitch...from a witless American humorist/commodian