Bangkok Pissup Party, June 10th

kreon

will you be there?  

65 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm really going to try and get there, but it will be after this dinner appointment much later. I hope people are still there.

Maybe I'll see you tonight, or maybe another time.

Drink a couple for me.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to think I was da.mn good wink.gif , but there are some very, very, good players at Hillary now - and all the tables are these US style with pockets the size of buckets so practically any shot is makeable. I made a few good shots last night but lost position on the cue ball, couldn't make my last ball and the other guy cleaned up. In my local in Phuket, the tables are twice the size with small pockets and small balls, so potting is in itself quite difficult. But these tables in Hillary are all about tactics and keeping control of the white ball. So I need to adapt, like most ex-snooker players need to do when they first start playing pool and wonder why they get beat on such "easy" tables

I think Hilarys has got some of the best players in Bangkok, I play the 9 ball competition from time to time before (too busy recently) but rarely make it pass the second/third round. :o

I like the new tables they got, it does make potting easy but then a lot of the skill in playing pool really comes down to cue ball control and good safety play. Good policy with sticking to the world rules and all the regular players there are all happy with that.

IKMM AHPPEYNFF FOR ALL OR YOU, IT WA S A GOOD NIGHHT A ND I ENJOYED 9T MIMMENSLUY.

Can anyone tell me what Tornado was drinking?

I'll try to avoid same-same if it makes you post dyslectic messages .

Or is it me who is dyslectic? :o

It was a top night. A good turn out. More than i expected. So lets see. If my memory serves me right. Heres a list.

Jockstar + missus

Kreon ( well oiled )

LC (looking good as ever)

OxfordWill( handsome the girls said. the girls liked him)

RDN (older than i thought for some reason. Top bloke. Bit of a shark at pool.)

Explorer( nice geezer)

Teach ( Top bloke. I was surprised to hear hes not and has never been a teacher)

Rags ( Nice guy)

Dereklev ( didnt speak to him for too long. But he said he likes my posts. Seems a decent guy.)

dr strangelove( nice guy)

britmaveric ( top bloke. Funny.)

Candyflip( looking well babe)

Siamesekitty ( she turned up later. Her and my missus get on well. Nice chick.)

STROLL( banned member but was great to see him.)

bahtandsold( made it late after getting back from Hau Hin.)

Kat( turned up later at the pool bar.)

DJ Pat( not what i expected but cool to meet him)

Neo( new member. Seems a sound guy. Well he is Scottish :D )

Ace( a low member number but not to many posts. Seemed ok.)

A few others that i cant remember their names right now. I had to leave just after midnight as i had a footy comp with the school team today. We got beat 4-2. Bummer. Anyway if i can think of anymore names i'll let you know. For those who didn't go it was a good night. The vodka shots were nice. But ######ing expensive. 180baht a shot. Ok if you bought 3 it was only 400 baht.

Also what happened to Custard? I heard something about a rash. Dont know what that meant. :o

Edited by Jockstar

yea.... you were busy chatting and I was busy watching the chick who was singing... I slipped after showing Xbar to one lost group as I had to reach office today early morning... may be next time... :o

Ahhh... bugger. Oh well, there's always another time. :D

:o Really good time had, great to meet you all. Many thanks also to Teach for showing some of us how to keep drinking for far longer than we should have!

Re Custard I expect he will post later but he was supposed to meet me but then had to rush his brother to hospital with some sort of rash, not sure on the details because I only got a text message and haven'tr heard.

We should do it again!

My bruv took some medications for flu. He then had an allergic reaction and developed a rash on his stomach and arms, was rushed to hospital.

I got back quite late and wasn't in the mood, knackered, so decided to call it a night. But I reckon it musta been such a good time having been told by Will and the others. What a shame I couldnt make it.

Anhow I hope there will be some sort of pissup for TV members again in the foreseeable future !

Cheers all lovely to meet everyone. Definitely was a cracking time.

Thoughts:

Me cousin (LC) was tops as always!!!

Candyflip - beautiful and charming as ever!!!

Rose- had me in stictches Aliwa darling!!

Jockie - top bloke (agree shots were bit dear had 3 mai crap) :o

Jockie gf - lovely lady who I enjoyed chatting with!!!!

Teach - man who knows Bangers all too well.

Kreon - Well done top place ya pervy bastard!!! :D (nothing like what I expected - funny)

DJPat - spins more than Erasure... and nice lad. (sorry secrets out matey)

RND - pool shark and truely genuine - even if he was the first to bail.

Stroll- Amusing and as enjoyable as I always thought.

Dereklv- witty and quite likeable fellow.

ACE- good chat with you, very nice lad!!

Explorer - quiet and reserved, but extremely likeable.

Kat - short but brief darling. I'm intrigued more than ever after our brief chat!

Siamesekitty - very sweet lady as advertised.

OxfordWill - great lad and from me home city - he <deleted> at billiards but I'm much worse.

I'm sure I left off a few people- overall a great evening and as always I think we have the best group of people as members. NEVER MET A PERSON I DIDNT LIKE ON THIS FORUM!!!

BTW - what happens at a TV meet stays at the TV meet!!! :D

PS. Cheers Peter for having us - you have a great venue - will be back!!!

Edited by britmaveric

Cheers all lovely to meet everyone. Definitely was a cracking time.

Thoughts:

Me cousin (LC) was tops as always!!!

Candyflip - beautiful and charming as ever!!!

Rose- had me in stictches Aliwa darling!!

Jockie - top bloke (agree shots were bit dear had 3 mai crap) :D

Jockie gf - lovely lady who I enjoyed chatting with!!!!

Teach - man who knows Bangers all too well.

Kreon - Well done top place ya pervy bastard!!! :D (nothing like what I expected - funny)

DJPat - spins more than Erasure... and nice lad. (sorry secrets out matey)

RND - pool shark and truely genuine - even if he was the first to bail.

Stroll- Amusing and as enjoyable as I always thought.

Dereklv- witty and quite likeable fellow.

ACE- good chat with you, very nice lad!!

Explorer - quiet and reserved, but extremely likeable.

Kat - short but brief darling. I'm intrigued more than ever after our brief chat!

Siamesekitty - very sweet lady as advertised.

OxfordWill - great lad and from me home city - he <deleted> at billiards but I'm much worse.

I'm sure I left off a few people- overall a great evening and as always I think we have the best group of people as members. NEVER MET A PERSON I DIDNT LIKE ON THIS FORUM!!!

BTW - what happens at a TV meet stays at the TV meet!!! :D

PS. Cheers Peter for having us - you have a great venue - will be back!!!

It was very nice meeting you all. :D

I think the summaries by Brit and Jock are very good and sum up the attendees well. :D

Like your BTW comment Brit......... :o

DJ Pat I somehow managed to miss you but I did try to climb the 'dj ladder' only to be warned off by some scary looking waitress.

I asked RDN what he spends his time doing but now I realise: practicing pool! He's far too good. :o

LC I didn't notice any drooling, but then I'm far too old for you, right?!

Agree with the summing up from Brit, a genuinely nice bunch of folks.