Baby Infant Travelling Requirements Or Documents

lanky

I would like to know my baby daughter born recently in thailand what are the travel documents requirements if she is for travelling overseas is she required to hold a passport for travelling or any other document

thankyou

Edited by lanky

Ideally she should hold dual passports. Thai, and her other nationality.

Your child will need a passport to leave thailand. For his or her first trip out of thailand on other than a thai passport you may be asked to show the Birth certificate. and depending on what country you are traveling to they may want a certified translation of the birth certificate. I was recently asked for this at the Bangkok airport going to the philippines with my son to show this.... Good luck and enjoy

Assuming one parent is Thai apply for a Thai passport and then apply at the other parents embassy of nationality the new child's passport. Leave Thailand by using the Thai passport and enter the your country on the new that country's passport.

Assuming one parent is Thai apply for a Thai passport and then apply at the other parents embassy of nationality the new child's passport. Leave Thailand by using the Thai passport and enter the your country on the new that country's passport.

yes don't make the same mistake we did hahaha... took my son out on his Canadian passport and brought him back on the same, they wanted to stamp him with a 30 day VOA hehe... had to talk to them and show his Thai birth certificate etc... for them to just let him back in. We have his thai passport ready for our upcoming trip silly buggers we are.