Hospital + Shots For Children

monitorlizard

Curious which hospitals any parents out there are using in Bangkok. I am using Mission Hospital near racetrack (Rama V) but I am thinking of switching.

Is anyone using Bumrungrad Hospital? How much are the doctor's fees? At Mission it is 250 baht. Is it 400 baht there? I heard the doctors offices in the children's ward are in the form of a playground. What is this about?

Also, I was curious about the vaccinations. Have you used the oral or shot for polio vaccination? I guess there are two choices. I will do my own research but I am curious what other dads are doing.

Also what about this Japanese enclyphitis (spelling)? I thought it was a mosequito that carried the disease where there were pig farms in swampy areas. I didn't think that Thailand was at risk. I heard Laos was....again I will do more research. Curious to read about the side effects if any. I know it is fatal but it is fatal for adults and I don't hear adults running out to get them.

Doctor said it was in case when I traveled to remote areas. I told him that there was a 0% chance visiting pig farms.

One more question>>>>>>>>>>>>

I have a car seat that I bought from the States. It is highly ranked by the various safety organizations but it looks so ###### uncomfortable for an infant. The problem is her neck drops down to her chin or belly when she is sitting in it.

She is the proper height and weight. Anyone had similiar problems? No, motorcycles are out of the question. Seat is facing the rear. I heard that some people use a towel for support. Anyway, just curious again. I will contact manufacturer to get the scoop. Not using it much right now anyway, just trips to the doctors for now.

not sure what the fees are for adults but I paid 500 for a dr.s visit to bumrungrad, they have a website bumrungrad that lists alot of fees. it is definitely a world class hospital, amazingly clean, but then I am in rural thailand with a crappy little open air hospital so maybe I am easily impressed. as for the car seat carrier, yes they do look uncomfortable but support your babies neck with a towel or something and she will grow into it. as for the pig farm thing, well, frankly if you even go into rural thailand these pig farms are everywhere. I would check with a dr about if babies need it or not, but frankly, best to err on the side of caution! good luck :o