Uk Tv Program On Los

Beelzebub666

Just watched the entire Big Trouble in Thailand program which was shown on UK TV a few months back. Got to grant the producers the fact that it is entertaining fodder for the masses and very much based on the reality TV adage of the 'see what happens next' pretext. It's quite apparent from some of the footage that parts have been staged but I would imagine that the TAT and other promoters of the LOS cannot be pleased by the message transmitted... this boils down to portraying Thailand as being infested by low life, anti-social, badly behaved, chav type, sex craved Brits who epitomise the thick asbo like criminal, easily caught by even the most corrupt and inept of police forces, reinforced by those immensely talented foreign volunteer policemen. To be honest, Howard Miler aside, the others (foreign police volunteers) appearing on the program do themselves absolutely no favours and in interviews appear dim witted at best. Where TV meets reality is in supplying a very accurate portrayal of the worst, yet altogether too common aspects of farang life in Thailand yet stays clear, for the most part, of the injustice dished out to these clueless muppets and the fact it is all almost entirely based on a system of justice which kowtows to corruption and favour and which is often used to separate people from their assets. That the documentary shows and elaborates on the procedure faced by inmates on death row is distasteful beyond belief but what makes this series of programs utterly sickening is in portraying Thailand as a country with a justice system meriting the name.

Many of the protagonists (British tourists and residents) finding themselves in trouble and interviewed are, for the most part, uneducated folk who have somehow made their way to the LOS and have bitten the bug big time insofar as for the first time in their lives people have looked at them from a different reference point. This invariably distorts their reality and the slow or rapid descent to the bottom begins on its predictable course as they battle to stay in Thailand rather than go back and face their reality in the UK.

Oh Dear! get a life? Think the OP has seen the life here to recognise what it is all about(LOL).It's all a filthy corrupt hole,problem is it is getting worse ,a lot worse.

Knowledge of Thailand? all you need to know is rent a girl,never let her see the inside of your wallet,never go and see the folks down on the farm,and always be one step away from getting to hel_l out of LOS.Me? been there got the t shirt, have sold the place,renting a condo,selling everything off moving to hotel until all completed,then getting a life,a proper one too,'bye ,'bye Thailand

No disrespect intended,but if you find this disrespectful,tough!!!

Oh Dear! get a life? Think the OP has seen the life here to recognise what it is all about(LOL).It's all a filthy corrupt hole,problem is it is getting worse ,a lot worse.

Knowledge of Thailand? all you need to know is rent a girl,never let her see the inside of your wallet,never go and see the folks down on the farm,and always be one step away from getting to hel_l out of LOS.Me? been there got the t shirt, have sold the place,renting a condo,selling everything off moving to hotel until all completed,then getting a life,a proper one too,'bye ,'bye Thailand

wow, what happened to you to make you so bitter?

Not bitter ,not one bit,just a reflection on the state of play here in LOS.Describing loss of face by the OP and going back to wherever is probably right,nobody wants to feel ashamed by crawling back home,but then you have to bite the bullet at some time.

I feel sorry really sorry for those who have tried to make a life here,buying the house,marrying a girl,having kids and being stuck here ,and I know plenty,I cannot even imaging the life that they have in front of them,pure hel_l with a good sprinkling of Prozac

Edited by jori

Not bitter ,not one bit,just a reflection on the state of play here in LOS.Describing loss of face by the OP and going back to wherever is probably right,nobody wants to feel ashamed by crawling back home,but then you have to bite the bullet at some time.

I feel sorry really sorry for those who have tried to make a life here,buying the house,marrying a girl,having kids and being stuck here ,and I know plenty,I cannot even imaging the life that they have in front of them,pure hel_l with a good sprinkling of Prozac

Wow she must have sucked you dry ,but just because your life is crap why assume that ours is , been married 16 years ,have a son the wifes familly are great ,our life is great ,go back ,why? everything in our and many of my friends lives is good.

sometimes life sucks and not just in Thailand.

Wow she must have sucked you dry ,but just because your life is crap why assume that ours is , been married 16 years ,have a son the wifes familly are great ,our life is great ,go back ,why? everything in our and many of my friends lives is good.

Wow Now there's an assumption in motion,or is it your motion that's hit the keyboard.of course you live a full and fullfilled life here in Thailand,posting over a thousand comments here and probably elsewhere,shows how fullfilling life must be out here in Thailand,stuck behind a computer night and day,but forgive me assuming that.

Looking at the OPs first paragraph I know you belong somewhere in there,so everything is great,great stuff,great (LOL)

Wow Now there's an assumption in motion,or is it your motion that's hit the keyboard.of course you live a full and fullfilled life here in Thailand,posting over a thousand comments here and probably elsewhere,shows how fullfilling life must be out here in Thailand,stuck behind a computer night and day,but forgive me assuming that.

Looking at the OPs first paragraph I know you belong somewhere in there,so everything is great,great stuff,great (LOL)

Get yourself to the airport, man. Do not pass go. Do not collect 200 baht. Just (LOL)... go. (Maybe you'll turn normal after you clear Thai airspace.)

Edited by Michaelaway

Posts like this always remind me of Maigo6's tagline (credited to Heng)

"It's not Thailand that you love or hate, it's your own life and what you have done with it that you love or hate".

A thousand comments over 4 years, equates to about half a comment per day ,hardly sitting on here all day ,i like thai visa as it helps us to find out things we did not know ,it also shows us that some people are sad individuals that really shouldnt be here ,most of us are happy and fulfilled ,you obviously are not ,so by by and dont forget to pick up your duty free on the way out.

Another Lemon either blew all his money himself or someone helped him, we've all met or seen them staring into a Chang bottle wondering where it all went wrong, some make it some don't.

Lovely and sunny today wasn't it?

Another Lemon either blew all his money himself or someone helped him, we've all met or seen them staring into a Chang bottle wondering where it all went wrong, some make it some don't.

Lovely and sunny today wasn't it?

:)

A thousand comments over 4 years, equates to about half a comment per day ,hardly sitting on here all day ,i like thai visa as it helps us to find out things we did not know ,it also shows us that some people are sad individuals that really shouldnt be here ,most of us are happy and fulfilled ,you obviously are not ,so by by and dont forget to pick up your duty free on the way out.

I recommend King Power. :D:)

I enjoyed the OP`s post and his opinion of the TV series. For those who didn’t like it have the option of saying next please and going to another thread.

I never slag anyone off for saying they have had enough of Thailand. You either love it or hate it. So comon posters, don’t be mean.

For me I enjoy living in Thailand, wouldn’t say I love it, it`s just a place I’m less miserable in.

Problem is with Thailand, that it`s great if all is running well, but fall on hard times, have the dirty tricks done to you by someone, or become down on ya luck, it can turn into a nightmare because there are zilch back up support systems for us ex-pats such as social security, legal aid or good work opportunities. In fact we stand alone and the philosophy here is, a friend in need is to be avoided.

At this time I’m doing all right thank you, but it pays to show some compassion because any one of us may need it one day, who knows what waits around the corner in the future.

Edited by BigWheelMan

^If you love this complete & utter rubbish so much, feel free to find the thread on it...........pages & pages of worthless rubbish, which has now ended. :D

Another thread like the previous one & you'll see many "why is Thaivisa so slow?" threads (loss of bandwidth taken up by garbage).

Go on...off with you now! :)

ElKangarito, it appears this 'rubbish' topic has upset you somewhat. For examples of 'rubbish' and 'waste of bandwidth' on Thaivisa may I suggest you check the following threads out which took just 2 minutes to collate:-

Uniforms-Accessories-t351966.html

Buy-Fountain-Pen-t351058.html

Crossbows-t351618.html

Gillette-Fusion-t349598.html

Caustic-Soda-Pattaya-t346853.html

Sexy-Gear-t350272.html

Satnav-t350557.html

Breast-Implants-t347487.html

Advise-Friend-t351941.html

Unlimited-Ais-Gprs-Price-Drop-t352095.html

Song-Sung-By-t351990.html

Of course I am sure that the OPs and participants in such threads would beg to differ but ain’t that just the beauty of the internet? :) I certainly don't begrudge them their right to post on subjects which may be of interest to them, even when those subjects may have been done to death in the past. The nature of the internet, however, would suggest that Thaivisa and other internet communities are fluid and depend on newer members as well as more 'mature' participants like you (I am frankly in awe of your 2665 posts :D ) to post and comment on matters they consider interesting at the time. Thank goodness for freedom of speech...by George you can even be angry if you like :D

Just why Thailand became the most popular destination of ex pats here I would suggest is the lack of police checks to allow cons/ex cons to domicile here in Thailand which is certainly not allowed in most other parts of the world.

Forthcoming police checks for those already in Thailand,and now being undertaken in the UK would have the potential of a mass exodus, of biblical proportions,so perhaps another good reason to sell up ,before an even deeper house price crash.

Still thats another reason for "I'm lovin' it", sunshine,no pokey,no Florida though (not allowed there),perhaps something to do with the opening posters comments about being looked at from a different reference point LOL.

You never know, just might hang around for a while watch the con air flights arriving here to whisk wherever to whence they came

Just why Thailand became the most popular destination of ex pats here I would suggest is the lack of police checks to allow cons/ex cons to domicile here in Thailand which is certainly not allowed in most other parts of the world.

I would suggest the availibility of women who are not that choosey provided you have cash is the reason its the most popular destination for expats... :)

Certainly other places in the world which are easier for con's and ex-cons to domicile in as you so eloquantly put it... :D