Mobile Phone With Large Thai Characters

simon43

I enjoy sending and receiving Thai language SMS messages with my wife - a great way to practice reading/writing Thai. But the Thai characters on my Nokia 7200 are VERY small!

I accept that more experience of the language will help me to identify whole words, rather than trying to identify each letter/tone-mark etc. But it still would be helpful if I could find a mobile phone that displays the Thai letters (in SMS), larger than the norm.

Anyone know of a good mobile phone make/model that can do this??

cheers - Simon

• 1 month later...
I enjoy sending and receiving Thai language SMS messages with my wife - a great way to practice reading/writing Thai.  But the Thai characters on my Nokia 7200 are VERY small!

I accept that more experience of the language will help me to identify whole words, rather than trying to identify each letter/tone-mark etc.  But it still would be helpful if I could find a mobile phone that displays the Thai letters (in SMS), larger than the norm.

Anyone know of a good mobile phone make/model that can do this??

cheers - Simon

I am quite happy with the Sony Ericcson Z600 I bought when I was BKK. Plus Input Language and Menu Language are separated so I can be typing a Thai sms and switching to English with T9 support on the fly. No change of OS language needed.