New Guidelines To Punish Foreign Paedophilia Suspects

webfact

The most frightening part of this news story to me is the following:
However, he said, Thai people and agencies believe that the crime is not that serious partially because the children gave consented.

Which is more or less an admission that Thais don't see the big deal (... which means that the incredibly huge problem of THAI child abuse will continue unabated?!?) and this is a way of looking like they are 'doing something' to the outside world?

Where does that unwritten law about underage sex and a promise to marry stand on this issue? Isn't it the case if you promise to marry, the charges disappear?

A statement that the kids gave consent, shows how wonderfully flexible the law can be in Thailand. They are either of an age of consent or they are not.

Edited by Thai at Heart

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh dear, mention the word paedophile and out come the "castrators". Hope they're never on any jury, as they seem to be happy to "hang em high" without any evidence!

Perhaps there was a translation problem, but as said already, a SUSPECT is not guilty of anything, till proven so.

I'd just like to add a couple of things:

all ( so far as I know ), children are procured for the adults by THAI citizens, but when was the last time anyone suggested increasing the penalties for procuring children, and when did you last hear of the procurers being punished at all?

If there are no procurers, probably no more farang paedophile crimes would be commited.

there are other forms of child abuse being openly perpetrated on the streets of Bangkok and Pattaya, Patong Beach et al. I refer to the forced use of young children to sell stuff to people, especially late at night. How many of you "castrators" are prepared to do anything about them? None, I'll bet, because you wouldn't be able to get all hot and bothered about it!

Indeed, on Walking Street in Pattaya, every night, a very young girl is forced to do contortions for the public. The ever so vaunted Tourist Police Volunteers see this going on every night, and do NOTHING. This young child will likely suffer permanent spinal injury as a result of being made to do this while she is too young. I hope that none of the readers of this forum contribute to this blatent child abuse by giving money.