Thai Visa Express

Considering the amount of Oz enquiries to the amount of Brit enquiries.......perhaps more Brit agents are required.

We Oz am guys seem to be doing alright......we also have Bridge on side as well if we want professional back up...

No hard feelings mate but we dont cross into your UK business......leave us Aussies alone, it has long been an unwritten rule that we dont cross our territories regarding visas on this forum....

Edited by gburns57au

As TVE says his organisation will be working in conjunction with a (presumably Australian) registered migration consultant, I can see no reason why anyone should have a problem with him wishing to expand his business by offering an Australian visa service. As a forum sponsor he is, of course, allowed to advertise that service here.

It is up to individuals to decide which of our advertiser's they wish to give their business to; if any.

As TVE is based in Pattaya and Bridge in Phuket, surely there is room for them both?

Would you prefer applicants to Australia who are in Pattaya to use a registered Australian agent who happens to work for a Brit, or an unregistered, unqualified person masquerading as an agent?

The reason I don't 'cross territories' and give advice about Australian visas has nothing to do with 'unwritten rules;' it's because I don't know anything about the Australian system or requirements. Are you saying that you are an expert on UK visas but don't offer advice on them because as an Australian you don't want to 'cross territories?' If so, please don't hold back, give your advice freely. As far as I and, I'm sure, most members are concerned; the more sources of good advice available here, the better.

N.B. I'm not here to defend TVE, and would have posted a similar response if, for example, Bridge had announced he would be offering a UK service and a Brit had posted similar comments to yours about his doing so..

As i said and you obviously did not read the post we have a Australian working in conjunction with our office he/she will be dealing with Australian applications directly they are regulated and the partnership will benefit both parties.

And further details will be released shortly Pattaya requires a regulated Australian Migration consultant we have many people entering my offices asking for the correct advice regarding Australian applications, as we deal in UK applications only cannot advise on OZ immigration matters .

Edited by ThaiVisaExpress

The reason I don't 'cross territories' and give advice about Australian visas has nothing to do with 'unwritten rules;' it's because I don't know anything about the Australian system or requirements. Are you saying that you are an expert on UK visas but don't offer advice on them because as an Australian you don't want to 'cross territories?' If so, please don't hold back, give your advice freely. As far as I and, I'm sure, most members are concerned; the more sources of good advice available here, the better.

Not concerned about the Office business......that is TVE's business.....I was talking about here on the TV forum....TVE never made it clear that he was working with an Aussie in his original post.

Never said I was an expert on anything, please dont make assumptions or throw in bylines like that.....I have been responding on this forum for a number of years regards Ozzie visas...Back in the days of Scouser we had an unwritten rule that we wouldnt cross territories as the systems maybe similar but there are still a lot of differences.

BTW...was born a Pom.......Aussie bred

:)

As i said and you obviously did not read the post we have a Australian working in conjunction with our office he/she will be dealing with Australian applications directly they are regulated and the partnership will benefit both parties.

And further details will be released shortly Pattaya requires a regulated Australian Migration consultant we have many people entering my offices asking for the correct advice regarding Australian applications, as we deal in UK applications only cannot advise on OZ immigration matters .

Fair enough TVE....see my post replying to 7by7

The reason I don't 'cross territories' and give advice about Australian visas Back in the days of Scouser we had an unwritten rule that we wouldnt cross territories as the systems maybe similar but there are still a lot of differences.

:D

Maybe the "unwritten rule" was not to write something you don't know anything about :)

RAZZ

I have not heard of any unwritten rules here, although I have it on several good authorities and one Aussie in particular who is no fan of my style of posting, that Burnsies advice is bang on.

I think the appropriate feedback here is in relation to Razzell's, only post info that you know is correct.

In my early days of wanting to help others, the way I had been helped, resulted in info being lacking in certain areas, responses of recent times have been similarly short on proper immigration law.

Shall we say, it is only right and proper in this particular sub-forum, where it is critical in getting it right, only post if you know the info you are giving is bang on.

In my early days of wanting to help others, the way I had been helped, resulted in info being lacking in certain areas, responses of recent times have been similarly short on proper immigration law.

Shall we say, it is only right and proper in this particular sub-forum, where it is critical in getting it right, only post if you know the info you are giving is bang on.

That is very true, as far as I know, Scouser is the best qualified member on the TV board to give UK immigration advice. I understand he was an immigration officer for years, knows the legislation inside out, and has the highest UK related qualifications available in this area. In addition, he was very eloquent, able to translate legalesque into plain speak. A great loss to TV even though I know he does lurk and helps out on some of cases where more contemporary posters simply don't have the capacity to help beyond the odd settlement visa query.

Indeed, which is why I personally feel that those giving such advice should include links to the relevant official information whenever possible; regardless of which country the question is about.

That the Scouser these days concentrates his efforts elsewhere is a shame and a loss to this forum for those seeking UK immigration advice. As I said earlier; as far as I and, I'm sure, most members are concerned; the more sources of good advice available here, the better. When such advice comes from an experienced, qualified professional then so much the better. However, his departure is irrelevant to this topic.

TVE has made an announcement which may benefit members of this forum and will certainly benefit those in Pattaya seeking Australian visa advice. I don't understand why any member would wish to pillory him for it!

I will not be giving any advice on Australian applications simple.

We are offering this service and the adviser is already well known it benefits both parties and gives the client especially in Pattaya access to a regulated consultant who has demonstrated ability with Australian applications.

Not concerned about the Office business......that is TVE's business.....I was talking about here on the TV forum....TVE never made it clear that he was working with an Aussie in his original post.

Never said I was an expert on anything, please dont make assumptions or throw in bylines like that.....I have been responding on this forum for a number of years regards Ozzie visas...Back in the days of Scouser we had an unwritten rule that we wouldnt cross territories as the systems maybe similar but there are still a lot of differences.

:)

I thought i said working in conjunction with ?

I don't understand why any member would wish to pillory him for it!

I wasn't, and by quoting my post it would infer that you thought I was, I would appreciate less of the misrepresentation, thanks

After quoting your post, I agreed with you; that's why I quoted it!

I then went on to make some other comments, not related to the quote; which I thought was obvious. I'm sorry if you felt that meant I was misrepresenting you, but maybe you're being a trifle oversensitive?