What Causes Night Sweats?

Wrong Turn

Hi,

I'm not a doctor, but would imagine that the sweats are just the bodies way of releasing toxins through the pores. If you are drinking heavily (like i used to), it can take over a week of not drinking to get rid of all those impurities. Excercise and steam rooms can quicken the process.

GFL.

Hi,

I'm not a doctor, but would imagine that the sweats are just the bodies way of releasing toxins through the pores. If you are drinking heavily (like i used to), it can take over a week of not drinking to get rid of all those impurities. Excercise and steam rooms can quicken the process.

GFL.

Yes, I agree.

Excessive drinking makes me sweat much more.

Hi,

GFL.

Yes, I agree.

Excessive drinking makes me sweat much more.

I don`t drink , and I too wake up with wet pillow and saturated head and neck even with a fan set on number 2 blowing directly onto me from the bed end

I suffer with this also.... I drink a fair amount of beer to be honest - probably average 8-10 san miguel light per evening and Im sure thats the cause of it. If I ever take a few days off the booze, I dont get the night swetas.

But bloody hel_l its horrible isnt it? 3 or 4 times a night my pillow is saturated and quite often the top of the quilt. I usualy turn the pillow over, wake up with that soaked an hour later and repeat with the second pillow.

Air con and fans make no difference. Hot, cold, mild.... I'll get it just the same.

If you are getting a few years under the belt ,excessive sweating can be attributed to low testosterone levels.

My Oz doctor put me on Andriol testosterone capsules for this complaint and they seem to do the trick, you can even get a 6 month slow release injection nowadays.

Thanks for the reply, all.

I usually don't use Aircon, but do somtimes.

I've never considered low testosterone but at 40 it could be an issue. I'd have to get a test for that.

Thanks for the replies.

Taking a shower before bed every night can help to cleanse and cool the skin pores, and after that shower, just turn on the movie on the tv and drink a litre of fresh water before you hit the sack, and keep a bottle of water by the bed to rehydrate if you wake up through the night. Alcohol has its merits, but not when we're sleeping, for that is what dreams are made for.

Drink a good litre of water before bed, and keep another bottle of fresh water by the bed if you wake up thirsty in the middle of the night. You will sweat cleaner that way.

Sweating whilst at rest could be due to a high heart rate (which alcohol can cause). You should seriously consider getting your heart checked.

Yes, after 2 beers, my resting heart rate increases a lot. My heart also beats "harder."

I started lifting and doing cardio a total of 4 times per week over a month ago.

So, even sipping beer, can cause these cardio issues?

• 1 month later...

If you live in Thailand and sleep without aircon, well that alone is answer enough, add the drinking in as a factor and we need look no further.

But night sweats can also be caused by anxiety (base fear), and a whole host of virus/bacteria causing sub clinical conditions.

Might be associated with something more serious but guess you'd have more symptoms.