Mooban Sammakorn

cfsprinkler

Buying or renting?

There is another moo baan on Ram soi 164, a bit closer to Min Buri, may be worth checking out.

There is no MRT/BTS, closest is probably Lat Prao, has easy access to the outer ring road and airport.

Traffic on Ram can be terrible at times, are you communting?

A fair few teachers living out that way.

The usual springling of Tops, Tesco Lotus, Big C, Carrefour etc etc.

Sammakorn is a nice place and got so much better over the last 5 years. Lots of HiSo's coming in there now, going to the Lake Restaurants and having fun in the pubs around the famous Reungros ( one of Thailand's voted Top 20 Restaurants). Sammakorn is a great place for House fliping as you can get excellent deals on houses which were buildt in early 70's. Houses still have lot of land to offer.The Traffic is only bad the first few hundred yards coming in, but then it gets much better. Sure, a fair amount of Teachers live out there, but also a lot of many other expats. The new Shopping Mall in front of the Moo Ban is supposed to open by the end of the year and will have a Starbucks, Villa Market and a few other goodies. Daniel, from the Swiss Corner, just recently started to offer a nice oven made Pizza in his place, while Jungle Jim from the International Sports Bar now offers a good breakfast on Saturday and Sundays. If you are in one of the smaller Soi's in there, you can actually enjoy a peaceful live.

Sure, like some one mentioned here, Moo Ban Perfect Place on Ramkhamheng Soi 164 is much better and cleaner, but the rent there is a tad bit higher as well. However, recently a friend rented a 3 Bedroom House for 25K THB.

Btw, I live around there and never have a problem to commute as I use the Motorway and then Rama 9 Expressway to get in to town. 30mins max from Sammakorn to Lotus On Nut, for the Skytrain. I used to live for over 7 years on Suk Soi 39 and now with my 3 year old son, I really like it out there as the air is so much better and I never have problems with the drive. There is no need to go to town as we have everything out there.

Edited by ralfbkk

the mouth of the entrance soi is often flooded during the rainy season.

Very good restaurants (Krua II - Kitchen II) and many artificial lakes. Good sport facilities, great clean organic food at golden place - the best milk you can get there too. Nice neighborhood. I remember there is an agent (Thai) in the village taking care of vacant houses. You can ask the people where to find him, he's very reliable and no extra charges apply since he will take one month rent from the owner as commission.

Sammakorn is a nice place and got so much better over the last 5 years. Lots of HiSo's coming in there now, going to the Lake Restaurants and having fun in the pubs around the famous Reungros ( one of Thailand's voted Top 20 Restaurants). Sammakorn is a great place for House fliping as you can get excellent deals on houses which were buildt in early 70's. Houses still have lot of land to offer.The Traffic is only bad the first few hundred yards coming in, The new Shopping Mall in front of the Moo Ban is supposed to open by the end of the year and will have a Starbucks, Villa Market and a few other goodies but then it gets much better. Sure, a fair amount of Teachers live out there, but also a lot of many other expats. The new Shopping Mall in front of the Moo Ban is supposed to open by the end of the year and will have a Starbucks, Villa Market and a few other goodies. Daniel, from the Swiss Corner, just recently started to offer a nice oven made Pizza in his place, while Jungle Jim from the International Sports Bar now offers a good breakfast on Saturday and Sundays. If you are in one of the smaller Soi's in there, you can actually enjoy a peaceful live.

Sure, like some one mentioned here, Moo Ban Perfect Place on Ramkhamheng Soi 164 is much better and cleaner, but the rent there is a tad bit higher as well. However, recently a friend rented a 3 Bedroom House for 25K THB.

Btw, I live around there and never have a problem to commute as I use the Motorway and then Rama 9 Expressway to get in to town. 30mins max from Sammakorn to Lotus On Nut, for the Skytrain. I used to live for over 7 years on Suk Soi 39 and now with my 3 year old son, I really like it out there as the air is so much better and I never have problems with the drive. There is no need to go to town as we have everything out there.

Please excuse me while i go for a quick shower and change my underwear,

"Lots of HiSo's coming in there now,"

are we talking about the same moo baan?

"Sammakorn is a great place for House fliping"

best of luck to you, but it certainly isnt an area I wouldn't even consider for flipping, the best thing you could do is buy the land and get the house for free, then knock the house down and build a new one.

"The new Shopping Mall in front of the Moo Ban is supposed to open by the end of the year and will have a Starbucks, Villa Market and a few other goodies"

Jeez, whenever I see the name Starbucks I want to throw up, will never set foot in one as long as I live.

"you can get excellent deals on houses which were buildt in early 70's."

Care to tell us about the rising damp problems, piss poor construction and shoddy workmanship?

A 30+ plus year old house, no thank you.

Best of luck to you, I hope you rented,

Jungle Jim also serves up a grest hamburger & fries for B115.

Oh, thats really Healthy living... why the frig come to Thailand for hamburgers..

Sorry that you dont appreciate a good burger. Unfortunately, healthy or not, many people do. You should get out more and get a life!

• Like 1