Another Way To Squeeze The Falang

ThailandTommy

This is GOING to happen, only thing is how much is it going to cost you to stay in LoS

Does anyone have any idea of the cost involved? We would like to inform you that the Thai Local Authority (Hua-Hin, Cha- Am and Pranburi) are starting to introduce a Local Property (House) and Local Tax. This will be gradually introduced, in the future they will write to you informing you of the rate you will have to pay and you will have 30 days to pay the relevant amount. You can come and pay in our office or can pay directly at municipality at your district.

Cha Am and Hua hin are in different provinces .... what is the source for your quote and what does it have to do with faRang in particular?

It was attached as a foot note from my accountant regarding my annual company returns. As I am a farang and 99% of the accountants business is made up from farangs who own property via company ownership I assume that it will affect mostly farangs!

Oh Hua Hin and Cha Am are the same province .......... :)

Cha Am and Hua hin are in different provinces .... what is the source for your quote and what does it have to do with faRang in particular?

It was attached as a foot note from my accountant regarding my annual company returns. As I am a farang and 99% of the accountants business is made up from farangs who own property via company ownership I assume that it will affect mostly farangs!

Oh Hua Hin and Cha Am are the same province .......... :)

Cha Am is in Petchaburi --- HuaHin is in PrachuapKhirikhan

So you have a report from an accountant that makes his money from farang who (apparently) own houses that can at best be described as semi-legally but nothing from any other source?

We would like to inform you that the Thai Local Authority (Hua-Hin, Cha- Am and Pranburi) are starting to introduce a Local Property (House) and Local Tax.

sounds fair to me. except Thailand i have never lived in any country where i didn't pay (a hefty) property tax.

p.s. and that applies to my home country too where i am not considered to be a Farang.

Edited by Naam

There is already a property tax that everyone (both Thai and Farang) who owns land has to pay all over Thailand (not just Cha-Am, Hua Hin, and Pranburi). We (my wife) pay it every year around this time and it is currently not very much. If you are a foreigner on a 30+ year lease from a Thai to own a home here, it is the Thai lessor's responsibility to pay the tax (unless it is specified in the lease that all taxes and fees are the responsibility of the Lessee). If you are a foreigner who owns through a company, it is the company's responsibility to pay the tax.

Can't take this poster too seriously, thinks that Hua and Cha Am are in the same province

agree, i pay my land tax for cha am in cha am and for the land in hua hin in hua hin. btw i have never had an accountant in lol that i believed was doing what was best for me.