Things That Are Bothering Me

Danger

1. Stop hocking and spitting in the public showers at my gym. I don't care if it is your culture and your country, its disgusting and unsanitary.

2. Make a little room on the BTS and the buses when someone sits down next to you. Move your leg over into your space.

3. That's pretty much all that bothered me today!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's mine: Driving down the road and some Ahole coming from the other direction suddenly overtakes and starts blinking the lights. As if to say "I've just claimed your side of the road so get out of the f*(*ing way"." Grrrr.

Here's mine: Driving down the road and some Ahole coming from the other direction suddenly overtakes and starts blinking the lights. As if to say "I've just claimed your side of the road so get out of the f*(*ing way"." Grrrr.

that i hate, esp when it is a bus or 8 wheel truck !

OK, glad you started this rant-a-thon. I was tempted to do the same after what happened to me today (and yesterday).

Walking down a sidewalk there was a lot of messy electrical work going on with wires all over the place. So some workers were having a break, they SAT DOWN on the sidewalk completely blocking the path. There was no way through without backing up a long way or walking directly into a maze of dangerous looking, possible live, wires. I know, I know, we as westerners are supposed to take the most disgustingly rude local customs with a smile and a mai bpen rai, but not today. I gave them the the look of death and loudly rudely just walked over them. The look on their faces was priceless. Yes I know it was insulting and they might have beat me up, but what would you call what THEY did?

The second one, much more ambiguous, but also pissed me off. I went to Central and found a cashier that was sitting around after noticing she had some of those lovely red Central bags in stock. I have shopped at Central before and I will probably (but now not so sure) shop there again, but then I just wanted one of those BAGS. I know its a weird request but I like to use them to carry around other shopping, they are very sturdy, and they look good. So first I determined whether she spoke English and she seemed to pretty well. Then I politely asked if there was a way I could BUY a red bag. At this point there was another clerk there, a man. I expected this wouldn't be easy, and was doubtful of my success, but I wanted to try. What bothered me was their rude REACTION. They laughed at me. No! I then tried to explain to them why I wanted the bag and that I was willing to pay for it. Now I do realize they don't normally sell the bags BUT if they had an ounce of customer service mentality they could have called a manager and asked if they could sell or give a bag. Eventually, an even ruder no like I was disturbing their social hour, and I must admit I was so disgusted by the bad attitude that I said a bad thing while walking away.

Edited by Jingthing

It was the bank employee who told me a load of rubbish that annoyed me today.

But that's life here.

That's life anywhere mate!

Mine, today were;

West Ham United, having to get up at 6am and go to work in the freezing f*cking cold, being at work, getting rained on at work, West Ham United, driving home from work in the freezing f*ucking cold, paying my gas bill to stop it being so f*cking cold in my house, have I mentioned West Ham United? cos they bother me every day at the moment! Oh and the person who thought it was a good idea to stop in one lane of the North Circ, put his hazzards on and talk on the phone, in the driving rain.

And West Ham United.

Other than that, life's sweet :D

Thanks for the topic, nice to vent sometimes :D

P.S. now I've finished work and got home the sun has come out! :)

Edited by bifftastic

OK, glad you started this rant-a-thon. I was tempted to do the same after what happened to me today (and yesterday).

Walking down a sidewalk there was a lot of messy electrical work going on with wires all over the place. So some workers were having a break, they SAT DOWN on the sidewalk completely blocking the path. There was no way through without backing up a long way or walking directly into a maze of dangerous looking, possible live, wires. I know, I know, we as westerners are supposed to take the most disgustingly rude local customs with a smile and a mai bpen rai, but not today. I gave them the the look of death and loudly rudely just walked over them. The look on their faces was priceless. Yes I know it was insulting and they might have beat me up, but what would you call what THEY did?

The second one, much more ambiguous, but also pissed me off. I went to Central and found a cashier that was sitting around after noticing she had some of those lovely red Central bags in stock. I have shopped at Central before and I will probably (but now not so sure) shop there again, but then I just wanted one of those BAGS. I know its a weird request but I like to use them to carry around other shopping, they are very sturdy, and they look good. So first I determined whether she spoke English and she seemed to pretty well. Then I politely asked if there was a way I could BUY a red bag. At this point there was another clerk there, a man. I expected this wouldn't be easy, and was doubtful of my success, but I wanted to try. What bothered me was their rude REACTION. They laughed at me. No! I then tried to explain to them why I wanted the bag and that I was willing to pay for it. Now I do realize they don't normally sell the bags BUT if they had an ounce of customer service mentality they could have called a manager and asked if they could sell or give a bag. Eventually, an even ruder no like I was disturbing their social hour, and I must admit I was so disgusted by the bad attitude that I said a bad thing while walking away.

A cool shower and a beer or two should sort you out JT. Just the wrong look from anyone is enough to cause upset in this hot weather imo. :)

It was the bank employee who told me a load of rubbish that annoyed me today.

But that's life here.

I had some of that. Used my Visa card at the bank and got some money transferred after the intervention of a 3rd staff member who actually got Stirling sent over when the other two said it was not possible but then she charged 590 Baht as a Visa charge !! Grrrr.

edit - Mods, we should have a 'Daily Rant' forum :)

Edited by G54

ok here goes.

having a load of red shirts walk into my wifes shop and order kutieow nam tok and tom yam and not even have the manners to say krap or ka. order a load of beer, water and soft drinks in a manner like they owned the place and looked at me like i was something they had trodden in.

still got my own back in the end, when it came to asking for the check bin. they were lost for words that not only did a farang understand what they were asking for, but that i had bumped the price up from the usual of 30 baht a bowl to 40 and added an extra 5 baht for the beer and 2 baht for the soft drinks and water.

moral of the story, whats good enough for the natives in this country is even better for the farang that owns the shop in bangkok.

Edited by tigerfish

just beat the shiz out of them, abuse, harass them. it's a girl??? just trip their leg, or give them headbutts making it look like an accident and say oh im sorry....

violence is the only way to solve problems, violence is beautiful, intelligence + violence uhmm~~hmmm~~ as long as ur not caught on cctv

The way of the WARRIOR. lol

sorry im drink atm :D:):D

just beat the shiz out of them, abuse, harass them. it's a girl??? just trip their leg, or give them headbutts making it look like an accident and say oh im sorry....

violence is the only way to solve problems, violence is beautiful, intelligence + violence uhmm~~hmmm~~ as long as ur not caught on cctv

The way of the WARRIOR. lol

sorry im drink atm :D:):D

You missed the "talking" bit from your signature

:D

My comments in blue.

1. Stop hocking hacking and spitting in the public showers at my gym. I don't care if it is your culture and your country, its disgusting and unsanitary.

This is an easy one....just constantly & excessively hack & spit in the showers at the gym. See how they like it. :)

2. Make a little room on the BTS and the buses when someone sits down next to you. Move your leg over into your space.

On the other hand, press your leg hard against their leg. The results can be astonishing. :D

3. That's pretty much all that bothered me today!

Is that all? I'm disappointed. :D

Edited by elkangorito

ok here goes.

having a load of red shirts walk into my wifes shop and order kutieow nam tok and tom yam and not even have the manners to say krap or ka. order a load of beer, water and soft drinks in a manner like they owned the place and looked at me like i was something they had trodden in.

still got my own back in the end, when it came to asking for the check bin. they were lost for words that not only did a farang understand what they were asking for, but that i had bumped the price up from the usual of 30 baht a bowl to 40 and added an extra 5 baht for the beer and 2 baht for the soft drinks and water.

moral of the story, whats good enough for the natives in this country is even better for the farang that owns the shop in bangkok.

You're lucky that the red-shirts are mostly country bumkins from up north...or else they might have reported you to emigration ... last time i checked they weren't giving out work permits to Farangs to work cashier in noodle shops :)

ok here goes.

You're lucky that the red-shirts are mostly country bumkins from up north...or else they might have reported you to emigration ... last time i checked they weren't giving out work permits to Farangs to work cashier in noodle shops :)

He never said he Was cashier

Pay Attention

:D

ok here goes.

Add to that the customers must have been decent people as they obviously accepted the bill and paid.

It seems to me that this small noodle shop operator, this captain of industry, this major engine of commercial enterprise, this source of intellectual capital for the nation, should have been grateful that he had customers that came into his noodle shop and bought anything. Considering the abundance of noodle shops and 7-11s in this country, a wise entrepreneur is appreciative of obtaining customers. At least he didn't say he spat in the broth. However, I'm sure his exacting noodle shop hygiene standards wouldn't have allowed for that. Nice business ethics too. Hypocritical too as the double pricing of some services was used as an excuse for a one off cheating of people that held political views he disagreed with. Instead of exploiting these people, he could have shown how tough he was and refused to serve them. Too scared or more likely too greedy to have done that, I reckon. Had to make the ext 2 baht per bottle. I don't know what's more pathetic, taking delight in the reprehensible behaviour or in just being morally bankrupt.

Jeez and is it any wonder that Thai officialdom has zero respect for many of the foreigners in Thailand. I can't get this scenario out of my head now; Hey you Thai man, I run a noodle shop, you are wrong, do as I say, I am king of the noodles. Thaksin is bad, he knows nothing about anything. I run an important noodle shop. I know. You will respect me. I am farang and am king of the noodles. You are lucky I come to Thailand. Without me, there would be no noodles and my beautiful lady friend would have to use her PhD toiling in some dreary job. I am important to the economy, no one can make noodles like me. I am noodle man, Redshirts bad.

I am beginning to get a better picture of some of the more vocal critics of the redshirts. It isn't particularly reassuring.

Sounds like the 'kid' had a bad Friday night. The red shirt numbers not up to expectation/projections? Stay the course fish, the rinky dinks will soon retreat back to the land of plenty they slithered in from.

The old adage, 'its my house/business' so fair is not part of my decree as I am king in my little part of the realm.

that i hate, esp when it is a bus or 8 wheel truck !

And even more esp. when another one follows right behind it!!

Nothing too tedious today, asked for khow pat khai and got a plate of boiled rice with 4 strips of chicken laid across it?????????????Maiooooooow Kab then in ther best possible way grabbed some of her pots n pans and danced like Ruprecht out of "dirty rotten scoundrels" :) This enforcdes the myth All Farang is ting tong.

Today's irritants in no particular order are:

Itchy Mosquito bite on my right leg that I keep scratching

Thai hardware store owner who insists on wearing shirts that belong on Wall St. with his ill fitting jeans and Gordon Gecko Wannabe smile, sitting in a plastic chair eating noodles. Tosser!

My little toe nail that insists on breaking in half down the middle whenever grows more than 3mm long.

noisy neigbours at 9:15 this morning. They are far away but I can still hear them... pass the RDX and detonator please...