Internet Via Usb

TheAceFace

Hi All

Not happy with my TT&T service at home.

Right now Im working in India and using a broadband USB modem with a sim card inside, the service is great and just what I need.

Are these readily available in Thailand especially Pattaya, if so is there a fixed monthly charge. I am presuming you buy a package deal (Sim, number and USB).

Any input would be appreciated.

Ace

I use a 1-2-Call SIM in my Edge USB modem, deal is 999 THB plus 70 THB VAT for 30 days of unlimited usage. There are lots of packages offering fixed monthly hours for less money from various providers here in Thailand.

Hi

I also use the 1-2-call AIS SIM card, it's a little slow (460 kbs), can't make SKYPE work on it, but for checking email and browsing its fine. I have heard that they dropped the monthly price down to 600 baht from 999, I think was confirmed in one of the TV postings. If you don't need one month service, can also do 100 baht for 20 hours, plus VAT. Hope this helps.

mario299

>Right now Im working in India and using a broadband USB modem with a sim card inside, the service is great and just what I need.

Kind of sums up the what's lacking in USB broadband services in Thailand I guess. Edge, mentioned, isn't broadband and Pattaya isn't covered with CAT CDMA.