Is Today The Day These Protests Get Ugly?

johndpoole

With reports coming out such as....

Veera threatens to burn NACC head office

BANGKOK: -- Veera Musigapong, a red-shirt leader, told the protesters at the Phan Fah Bridge Saturday morning that he may lead them to rally at the head office of the National Anti-Corruption Commission.

He said the protesters might have to use violent mean like setting fire to the office because the NACC has been using double standard law enforcement.

Veera said the red-shirt movement might have to use violent means to establish a new Thai state.

-- The Nation 2010-04-03

As well as:

Mr Prasarn also claimed that the planned mass rally of the red-clad protesters on Saturday would cause turmoil, claiming a source from the group said 5,000 motorcycle drivers were hired at a fee of 1,000 baht each per day to join the movement. (TNA)

-- TNA 2010-04-03

And their already claiming that the government is going to have faux Reds committing acts of violence ... it would seem today is the day for things to possible reach the inevitable.

Things started getting "ugly" when all the moms decided to take the opportunity of a free trip and come to BKK from the North to see how their pretty daughters were doing in their various beauty salon, som tam and noodle soup businesses (as if !).

Lots of ugly ladies from the North here now.

The situation sure is ugly.

Edited by niveknedwob

I can not understand that all this is tolerated, it will defenitly not be tolerated in the EU and I believe that is a democratic society. Its time for the swat teams and watercanons. :)

Agreed, but the reds tactic is to try to bait the government to react to their crimes, and hope things turn into total anarchy after that to act as a spark to rile up the masses they imagine are on their side. So the government in the context of this culture have been correct to show restraint. But it can't last forever.

I have just come back from the Siam Square area, Red Shirts have succeeded in closing everything down, ok it's pretty good humoured but the majority of "rent a mob" protesters have no idea what they are doing to the economy, though I suppose closing places like Siam Paragon doesn't really bother them.

The Government are between a rock and a hard place, they cannot let this go on for ever, nor can they go in heavy handed.

I have just come back from the Siam Square area, Red Shirts have succeeded in closing everything down, ok it's pretty good humoured but the majority of "rent a mob" protesters have no idea what they are doing to the economy, though I suppose closing places like Siam Paragon doesn't really bother them.

The Government are between a rock and a hard place, they cannot let this go on for ever, nor can they go in heavy handed.

True, not forever. How about until Songkran ends? Word is they will have to go home then.

Seem to recall the yellow side booby trapping govt house with ping pong bombs etc...

very wang all this tit for tat.

You do? Help us out and tell us where to find the information about booby-trapping Gov't house.

True, not forever. How about until Songkran ends? Word is they will have to go home then.

They will go home for the start of Songkran as most Thais do. You can't let the 'fight for democracy' get in the way of a good piss up with the family and friends.

Cheers, Rick

Seem to recall the yellow side booby trapping govt house with ping pong bombs etc...

very wang all this tit for tat.

You do? Help us out and tell us where to find the information about booby-trapping Gov't house.

I can't find a google reult for it, but clearly remember after hey left the Govt house, ping pong bombs where placed ... i think behind a radiator.. anyway.. off to enjoy a nice jog in the countryside!

Government House as a protest site (pad.. wiki)

Government House and the area around it became an open air market during the months-long protest and seizure. A variety of stalls selling clothing, condoms, food, Buddhist amulets, a variety of second hand goods opened up due to the inability of city officials to collect stall-site rental fees. The PAD put up posters with photos of a woman who PAD security forces claimed was a prostitute as they found condoms in their purse.[85] Mounds of garbage and condoms piled up in Government House, bras and g-strings were left to dry from bushes in the lawn, and the lack of sanitary facilities caused a stink to envelop the compound.[86][87] A Matichon journalist found glass pipes used for smoking methamphetamine (commonly known as "ICE") being sold near PAD-leader Chamlong Srimuang's tent. The journalist noted that the pipes were a popular product and that many people tried out the pipes before making their purchase.[8

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Southeast_Asia/JJ15Ae01.html

What is clearer is that the PAD has abandoned its earlier claim to being a non-violent movement. Three police officers were shot by PAD supporters near parliament after protesters retook the building in the afternoon of October 7. That same day, another officer was run over and injured by a PAD supporter driving a pick-up truck. The violence followed up the PAD's commando-style assaults on government buildings on August 26, including an apparent armed attack on a state-run television station.

thaiprotestsgallerygrab1.jpgPAD%20Thugs%20from%20Matichon.jpg(the man who wanted to leave the yellow airport seige later shot, and dumped in canal)

nutters both sides.

Edited by whiterussian

I can't find a google reult for it, but clearly remember after hey left the Govt house, ping pong bombs where placed ... i think behind a radiator.. anyway.. off to enjoy a nice jog in the countryside!

<snip>

Lots of stuff there and nothing that supports your claim about booby-trapping government house.

Shawn Crispin's article was the most damning in its own way, but it wasn't documenting much of anything. (Policemen shot by PAD?) Says who? I can't find that claim replicated on the internet.

The Wiki stuff --- well look at the history on that page :)

If I were to follow suit, I could post the pics from Sept2 2008, Oct 7th 2008, the almost nightly attacks with grenades (after Sae Daeng stated they would start) running into the airport craziness. Then keep going with Chiang Mai, Songkran, Udon etc.

BTW --- I have always wanted to know WHY some of the "yellows" on Oct 7th were not aiming at police etc, but instead were aiming at PAD.

Remember --- I state clearly that I want ALL people that committed acts of violence to be brought into court and that DOES include the PAD people that were filmed! (It also includes the police, and lots and lots of reds!) I also want to see the people openly calling for violence, insurrection etc in court as well as 'siezing' airports and government house! (That includes the PAD leaders and Red leaders and Not officially red leaders but that wear red and get on red stages and talk about grenades, and more red leaders that talk about bringing one million empty bottles to BKK so that they can be filled with gasoline and used to burn BKK down and now Veera talking about using violence!)

((I rather liked Veera during the televised discussions! One can assume that his boss thought he came off far too soft and decided to make him take the violence stance in public to show his loyalty -- but hey I could be wrong!))

One thing I did notice was the complete absence of any police officers or troops.

Yea jeez you can never find one when you want one can you!

Cheers, Rick

If your complaint is serious enough I reckon you would be able to!

I can not understand that all this is tolerated, it will defenitly not be tolerated in the EU and I believe that is a democratic society. Its time for the swat teams and watercanons. :)

Are you in Thailand? How long have you been here?

If longer than a year, it should not be a surprise. :D

There is a lot of talk in moo ban between those who are not in Bkk. They say that the redshirts paid village people 2.000 baht to come to Bkk this time. I saw 4 full buses leaving Udon on Friday night. So Thaksin is still giving at little of his stolen money back to those he took it from.