Maxnet Tt And T Soooo Slow Now. Anybody Else?

musiclover

Has anyone else experienced the dramatic slowdown in Internet speed on Maxnet In Pattaya recently?

Im on Darkside and D/l speed has dropped to almost unusable over the last couple of weeks and there is NO upload speed at all!! (1-2 KB)

On phoning Maxnet, their explanation is that they are 'fixing' a new box at the top of Soi Kaotolo which will be ready in 1-2 months and therefore a vast improvement!! I find this hard to believe as an explanation of the current sudden drop, which also includes a lot of disconnections, which were not a problem before.

I suspect it might be personal to my connection, but Maxnet are insisting on their somewhat strange explanation!

So I am I the only one having such connection problems or is any other Maxnet Premier user on the Darkside also having suddenly and recently a very poor connection?

Any alternatives now?

i have a solution to your problem,kick maxnet in the gutter and sign up with true 8mb and very reliable.

Although the 8 mb is not consistent you still get on average 5-6 mb

I wish!

But Im informed True does not reach Soi Kaotolo!

Maxnet now inform ,e of a different explanation. Interference on wire!! Whatever that means

i have a solution to your problem,kick maxnet in the gutter and sign up with true 8mb and very reliable.

Although the 8 mb is not consistent you still get on average 5-6 mb

I wish!

But Im informed True does not reach Soi Kaotolo!

Maxnet now inform ,e of a different explanation. Interference on wire!! Whatever that means

I live at the bottom end of Naklua and my Maxnet speed has also been atrocious for the last 10 days. Been calling them every other day and not getting anywhere so far, they keep saying that a technician will call me back - which of course never happens :)

I live on Soi Khaotalo and my Maxnet connection has been <deleted> for weeks.

It's been slow ever since the cable failure in Chonburi which was weeks ago.

When asking for a web-page the connection is that poor it keeps timing out.

My upload speed is zero.

I have a SOLOMON EDGE USB MODEM that's performing better than my 4MB Maxnet connection and that only gives me 460kbps.

My bill is due any day now and it will be accompanied by a cancelation notice.

no problems here off SSCC.

Are you on Maxnet TT&T Premier also?

Apart from very slow speeds my Connection totally disappeared at about 6am BUT when I turned off and restarted my Router I got the (slow) signal back!

I guess this must be a clue to the problem but Im not technical enough to know what it is!

Anbody any ideas?

In which area of Pattaya can you get True 8mb ?

At what price ?

And in which office do you ask for it ? the one in Naklua on Sukhumvit ?

Thanks

In Jomtien I have a True ADSL connection which is actually via a leased Maxnet line. It's been rubbish since last Friday. They have been refusing to answer the help line (038-727727) all weekend - I'll try again today. When it works, it's fine, but so often it screws up for days or even weeks at a time, and they are like three dumb monkeys then, sitting around seeing and hearing no evil. :)

m on Darkside and D/l speed has dropped to almost unusable over the last couple of weeks and there is NO upload speed at all!! (1-2 KB)

One more reason why it is called the Darkside

Strange enough my friends in the city ask me (I am on the Darkside) to do the large downloads for them :)

m on Darkside and D/l speed has dropped to almost unusable over the last couple of weeks and there is NO upload speed at all!! (1-2 KB)

One more reason why it is called the Darkside

Strange enough my friends in the city ask me (I am on the Darkside) to do the large downloads for them :)

Surely we should get to the bottom of this. Im paying 1k amonth for a very poor service! It used to be OK.

What has really happened?

Im going to nag them every day to I find out the truth!! ( Yeah I know. Dont laugh)

Apart from very slow speeds my Connection totally disappeared at about 6am BUT when I turned off and restarted my Router I got the (slow) signal back!

I guess this must be a clue to the problem but Im not technical enough to know what it is!

Anbody any ideas?

take your router and bring it down to TT&T and tell them "it broke and no work". i had a similar problem about a year ago with their router. i swapped it out with another ADSL+2 router and had no problems. so, it was a hardware problem. no surprise as the routers they give out with the service can be pieces of crap. if you have time, it's worth a try.

and to answer your question, yes, i've been on Maxnet/TT&T/3BB for 2 years now and i've never had any prolonged difficulties. but... i do have the MaxNet Premier package which is 4mb, international. if you are paying for that cheap 590baht package, then that might be your problem...

Anbody any ideas?

take your router and bring it down to TT&T and tell them "it broke and no work". i had a similar problem about a year ago with their router. i swapped it out with another ADSL+2 router and had no problems. so, it was a hardware problem. no surprise as the routers they give out with the service can be pieces of crap. if you have time, it's worth a try.

and to answer your question, yes, i've been on Maxnet/TT&T/3BB for 2 years now and i've never had any prolonged difficulties. but... i do have the MaxNet Premier package which is 4mb, international. if you are paying for that cheap 590baht package, then that might be your problem...

Thanks for the input.

Regarding the router its a 2k Belkin from Tukcom, not more than 4 months old. Its not a Maxnet TT&T model. That went ages ago.

Actually I wondered about that, buy surely not?

Im also on the Premier Service but its no better than the old 590baht service now!

Is there an upgrade on this as Im getting Slingbox set up from UK?

I've been on TTT/3BB for a long time (how many years, I can't remember), and recently things slowed down. I discovered, while checking out on the web what was going on, that since I am paying a thousand baht a month (on what you characterize as the 'cheap package,') I am entitled to 7Mbs. They came and fixed things, after which I was getting about 4Mbs (the speed I had been previously getting before the problems occurred). I called them and they changed things and now I'm getting about 6Mbs.

Yes, I'm really on the 'cheap package.' Yes, I get 6Mbs all the time (well, every time I have looked). If I can get off my arse, I may call them and try to get 7Mbs.

Yes, I'm really on the 'cheap package.' Yes, I get 6Mbs all the time (well, every time I have looked).

you get 6Mbs on websites outside of Thailand? for example, do you pull down 6Mbs over at the YouTubes? if you do, you're a fuc_king hero :) i've just sat by quietly and accepted my 4Mb as 'good enough'. i don't dare call anyone up and have them do ANYTHING to my 4Mb.

Thanks for the input.

Regarding the router its a 2k Belkin from Tukcom, not more than 4 months old. Its not a Maxnet TT&T model. That went ages ago.

Actually I wondered about that, buy surely not?

surely not? shit... i'll be honest, i've gone through 2 ADSL routers from Maxnet and 2 that i bought from TukCom. one was a TP-Link, which i replaced with a better TP-Link that is running my wifi now which is connected to my awesome Huawei SmartAX from Maxnet. TOT gives out them fancy ADSL+2 wifi routers, but Maxnet is still giving out these non-wifi modems. maybe they sell wifi modem/router, i don't know. the other router that died a slow death was D-Link.

meh, it's a guessing game with the internets here. whether it's your lines, your modem, your router, your computer. if it was working one day and then dropped off but no one else is having a problem, i'd look at the hardware. do what i did, borrow a router from someone to try. start eliminating possible suspects before you go too far with Customer Service.