Do We Want The Reds Shirts To Lead Thailand Forward?

whistleblower

What do you mean what was taken from them??? Their right to vote who goes into power!!

But they had that right about a year after the coup, no?

Surely your anger should be directed at the people who defected from them?

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So funny how a lot of you members like to believe everything you see on television or read in the newspapers, which are owned by the current government.

They show what they want, you don't see everything.

Funny how hi-so people like to talk down about the lower class population but don't want to do anything to help them. Funny when they run out of rice to feed the hi-so people because those farmers are in Bangkok demonstrating for things they believe in.that they will starve... Who is the stupid one now? Yeah, maybe some are getting paid to be there, but there are also people who believe in a fair election. These people aren't stupid if they are born in a country that has so many rich people and loads more poor people who are looked down upon because they don't even have the opportunity for it!!!! My parents always taught me to give respect to everyone and where they come from. If someone is less fortunate than I am then I should not look down on them but try to help them......................

Let's say you are in your home country..and you have a leader that a lot of people don't agree with... Then all the sudden the military takes over without any question to ALL CITIZENS OF THE SOCIETY..they just throw some puppet into power. How would you feel? They want 15 days and not 9 months because 9 months is long enough for this current government to get their own people into the position to "fix" the voting process..

I mean it does suck to have a bunch of protests all over the place, but they have a cause, they haven't been violent ..which I wish they would..There has to be some kind of action that won't be pleasant if they want to succeed. It isn't about you getting to where you want to go, it is about justice for a country that as had some rights just taken away with no question to them.

This is just my opinion, and this is pretty much the first time I've voiced it, I would like to think that it counts for something even tho I am only living here, and not a citizen........

No personal offence, but I think you are a moron.

You spout on about the values that your parents taught you - then you wish that everything would turn violent. Your parents must be proud of their efforts.

K, previous PM kicked out for his cooking show crap, then this PM was voted in by politicians not by the people, and these politicians are controlled by the military.......So is that a fair vote from the people? No.

All PM's are voted in by MP's. All MP's are voted in by the people.

K, previous PM kicked out for his cooking show crap, then this PM was voted in by politicians not by the people, and these politicians are controlled by the military.......So is that a fair vote from the people? No.

Yeah it was a pretty crap cooking show, but the last PM was also voted in by politicians and not by the people and was therefore just as unfair.

What I find most interesting about this is that the views of those "immersed" in rural life seem to get closer to the reds while those living nearer towns and cities seems to remain static. I noticed this this evening as I could see someone I know just spoiling for a fight about it so he could defend the reds. This guy is the least likely supporter but all the people around him in his village are polar opposites. I imagine he doesn't feel the least bit influenced by them, yet tonight he was a very different bloke.

I hope it all ends quietly and without bloodshed. These things are way to complicated to try and reslove on a chat forum.

I'm in the sticks. Thaksin is not what I'd call popular around here. Thaksin "cared" for the poor in the North/North East.

But it is legal.

Forgotten about Thaksin's brother-in-law ?

OOps! Here I go, doing exactly what I criticise others for i.e. digging up the past. Let's start from where we are and have elections by the end of the year - everybody else go home and get on with your work.

Whistleblower, you have obviously never seen a protest in London by the cyclists. No coordination with the police; just thousands of cyclists riding in large groups and blocking the roads.

Maybe you should remember that Thaksin was democratically elected and then removed by a military coup. You will now doubt say that he and his party were guilty of bribing voters etc.; to which my reply is that if you believe no other party in Thailand did the same then you are very naive!

Remember that democracy not only means you can express your opinion, but those with whom you disagree can as well!

Actually Thaksin was NOT democratically elected and removed by a coup. Thaksin was democratically elected (arguably) and THEN he dissolved parliament. There was no Democratically elected government when the coup happened. There was, in fact, an extra-constitutional caretaker government at the time of the coup. That TRT was slated for being disbanded and that Thaksin was corrupt on a level never before seen in Thailand actually are facts.

Yes Democracy means that you can voice your opinion etc .. (remember the reds are attacking those that speak out against them saying that those people do NOT have that right)... But Democracy does not mean that you can voice your opinion wherever or whenever you wish. You see, YOUR rights do not extend into the realm of the rights of others. To obstruct the freedoms of others is not a democratic right.

Fortunately the Reds are not claiming to want to lead the country; they just want elections pronto, and democracy in general.

Several of the yellow leaning forum members always go to great effort to point out the difference between PAD and the Democrat party. Guess what, it's similar with the Reds and Phua Thai.

crap! they obviously wants thaksin back. if thaksin is dead do you think they are on the street now?

Yeah it was a pretty crap cooking show, but the last PM was also voted in by politicians and not by the people and was therefore just as unfair.

Yes Samak was voted in by politicians, and so was Somchai, and so was Abhisit. ---- See how that works? Now we are getting somewhere! If only reeducating (or providing a decent first education) for the rural folks was this easy!

Oxford Dictionary: Moron 1. An adult with intelligence equal to that of an average child of 8-12 years. 2. (informal) A very stupid person.

So yes i do

Interesting comparison bearing in mind most have jobs , families , bills to pay in fact living lives much like anyone anywhere in the world. And all with this intelligence of an 8-12 year old child we are being led to believe. How many children do you know who are doing this?

err, all the ones up north!

Most of them dont have jobs as such. They grow rice once a year, which obviously leaves them plenty of time to come on an all expenses paid trip to Bangkok and look intelligent on TV by standing around shaking a foot clapper all day.

Your missing the point: as i said before, if they were pushing for education reform - fine, but theyre not. If they were pushing to have the Govt get rid of the middle man when it comes to selling their crops and thus getting ripped off - fine, but they're not. If they were pushing for a fair election (where international monitors could report vote buying) - fine, but they're not. If they were looking for talks with the Govt about reforms/dissolution within a reasonable timeframe (not 15 days) - fine, but they're not.

They are being paid to protest on behalf of an egomaniac that wants to save face (and his money).

Thats what makes them morons.

Its a case of "you leave your homes and families and sit all day on my behalf in scorching heat, whilst my family and I watch from afar in a luxury hotel"

Great to see the Red-haters showing their true colours in this thread.....

JD, smug as always!

Chaimai, downright rude and insulting!

Insight, petulant and childish!

I've often wondered why I can find no common ground with the elitists here on TV, but just reading some of their comments (remember the classic "But, my dear,they haven't been to University" one?), and suddenly all is clear! :)

You fail to realise that these protests highlight the need for better equality of opportunity and education for the people of Issan. And what is happening now cannot do these claims any harm. Well they receive next to nothing now from the current government so I wish them well in their peaceful endeavours.

But to describe them as 'morons' for wishing to better their lot is just disgusting.

JD, smug as always!

I've often wondered why I can find no common ground with the elitists here on TV, but just reading some of their comments (remember the classic "But, my dear,they haven't been to University" one?), and suddenly all is clear! :)

You sound like a red shirt leader! Cant put forward a viable argument so sling mud!!!

JD, smug as always!

Always nice to be appreciated ... particularly by someone that adds nothing at all to the conversation other than to talk about posters :D

You fail to realise that these protests highlight the need for better equality of opportunity and education for the people of Issan. And what is happening now cannot do these claims any harm. Well they receive next to nothing now from the current government so I wish them well in their peaceful endeavours.

But to describe them as 'morons' for wishing to better their lot is just disgusting.

Slinging blood is also equally disgusting. And these protests highlight that these poor uneducated people will do anything for a free meal and a quick buck! - period

They are meant to be protesting about the social elite AND are being bankrolled by a billionaire hows that work out then?? pot calling kettle black me thinks

JD, smug as always!

You could always try giving a reply with some substance.

Any "petulant and childish" remarks you wish to highlight specifically?

/edit - and so what if I come across as a "red hater" - they've lost any moral high ground they had today and I'm far from alone in my disdain of their actions. I appreciate they're not all bad folk but they've clearly been duped through cash or other means into backing the wrong leaders (who do and act like proverbial "bad folk" in my sincere "petulant and childish" opinion). If you wish to back them then fine, but I don't doubt for a second it reflects worse on you if so than it does with me.

Edited by Insight

How much money is each protester making whistleblower in exact amounts please?

Dont know exactly, but as the leaders have already admitted to paying them, and they were caught by a newscamera being paid, then i think its safe to say that they ARE being paid.

You seem to be more in tune with them, why dont u ask them???

Clarification please.

Abhisit and the Reds seem to be in violent agreement about the need to dissolve parliament. The issue appears to be timescales. Abhisit has given a reasoned argument for dissolving parliament towards the end of the year. The Reds want parliament dissolved within 15 days and won't compromise. Has anyone heard their reasoned argument?

Dont know exactly, but as the leaders have already admitted to paying them, and they were caught by a newscamera being paid, then i think its safe to say that they ARE being paid.

Another unsubstantiated rumour then whistleblower. You seem to have a good handle on the rumours but very thin on factual documentation. :)

Clarification please.

Abhisit and the Reds seem to be in violent agreement about the need to dissolve parliament. The issue appears to be timescales. Abhisit has given a reasoned argument for dissolving parliament towards the end of the year. The Reds want parliament dissolved within 15 days and won't compromise. Has anyone heard their reasoned argument?

The reds idea of compromise seems to be to get exactly what they want without, errrrrrm, compromise.

Another unsubstantiated rumour then whistleblower. You seem to have a good handle on the rumours but very thin on factual documentation. :)

How can you say its a rumour, when its been heavily reported in all the press!!!!????

Has anyone got the link to the video where they caught the protesters being paid?????

Smokie seems to have his 'red shirt' brain in at the moment.

You have a video do you? Well how much are they being paid. If thousands are being paid it can't be so much of a secret now can it?

That's the problem - it's not, and us BKK residents generally don't have to wait long until we hear first or second hand accounts of people paid to attend.