Japanese Restaurant In Thailand

ThaiLife

Just spotted this ..

The Far East just gets more surreal each day. For instance, how about a Japanese restaurant in Thailand served by robots? You can thank Lapassarad Thanaphant for her 30 million baht ($927,600) investment in the Bangkok-based Hajime restaurant and its four motorised servants from Japan. The brave souls who dare to enter can place orders on touchscreens, and in return watch a lanky humanoid deliver the dishes, followed by some slick dance moves if its not too busy serving others. Oh, don't worry, these samurais are tied to a track so they can barely reach you, plus you get to cook your own food in the style of Shabu-Shabu (Japanese hot pot) or BBQ, so enjoy your freedom before they take over your cooking as well.

I wonder what happens if there's a power cut :)

I've met a few waitresses that would be better replaced by robots. :)

I DO think those Japanese restaurants with the moving tray filled with food that revolves around the customers to be a bit over priced when compared to Thai Moo kah tah restaurants.

• 5 weeks later...

Yes the Robotic Japanese Restaurant is still going through some tests at Monopoly Park... As the Mall itself is not quite finished yet...

However when it is complete its going to be a great day out...

The robotic Japanese restaurant is great and not too expensive at 299 baht buffet meals

A great Bangkok hair salon 'zen red' on the second floor together with a fish spa

And soon to be finished golf range.. its a great little Mall and one of a kind in Bangkok...