Bangkok Residents Become Hostages To Red-Shirt Anarchy

webfact

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A [ peaceful Red headed off to a baseball game?

7403E6C58B5D45F7975E2A51CFF9BFEC.jpg

With a FLAG!!

Beware of the clappers though in the wrong hands they can very deadly.

Cool pic! is that Muslim red shirt?

The driver clearly has a baseball bat in his lap.

Sorry, but what on Earth is going on with this Nation reporter who posts as "Webfact"? I have been following the locked thread for NEWS updates. This is one of the latest statement from this "journalist" regarding the PM:

He is taking full responsibility. He has character. He is best to ask for our support. UDD WANTS violence.

What the fk kind of reporting is this? Its just as bad as the red shirts. Its like watching little kids. "Am Not!" "Yes you Are" "No I'm Not" I hate You!".....

In all seriousness, who owns The Nation and who pulls the strings there?

If you go to post #271, you will see that Webfact is TVF Admin relaying incoming reports from Nation, not a reporter. I doubt the views expressed are his own.

Please stop responses to flat head. It's the mental equivalent of kicking a cripple.

With a FLAG!!

Could be part of a set of bagpipes, but I doubt it! Perhaps they are going to set up a diamond for these long cool evenings.

I fail to see how people demanding that Democracy is returned to them is "anarchy".

Anarchy actually means there are no leaders. So how can there be anarchy if there is a leadership.

I find the amount of scare mongering in the Yellow owned media quite amusing.

The simple fact is that Democracy was crushed in Thailand and the rule of law was not obeyed by the coup leaders and that problem has resulted in all problems to this day.

Democracy was crushed once by men with guns and secondly by people appointed by the men with guns.

Until free and fair elections are held then Democracy remains crushed in Thailand.

The government came to power by courts and manipulation behind the scenes and is not "Elected" by the people.

This is the problem and a problem that is easy to resolve.

Simply dissolve the lower house, say there will be elections in 3 months and in the interim period a "unity government" will oversee the period leading up to elections.

The Reds would accept this.

How do YOU know the REDS would accept that offer?

If that is the case why did THEY not offer that instead of saying 15 days or nothing over and over again?

Seems like you have your own agenda that has NOTHING to do with the REDS

They have democracy right now or they would have been run over by Tanks quite a while ago... please tone down the hyperbole...

Its called negotiation.

One side starts at 9 months and says it over and over again, so the other says 15 days over and over again.

You negotiate until a reasonable middle period is agreed upon.

Look at both sides, not just one.

This government coaliton was not elected by the people, and therefore the people want Democracy back and to be allowed to vote for the government of their choice.

In the second round of meeting PM was asked what he thought was a reasonable time and He said 9 month and he explained why. Veera was coming up with maybe 3 month, then there were a sms coming and the reds ended with sayin 15 days!

The goverment was open for more negotiations but the offer has been turned down by the reds. So there has never been any negostioans from the reds.

With a FLAG!!

Could be part of a set of bagpipes, but I doubt it! Perhaps they are going to set up a diamond for these long cool evenings.

I think you will find that is a flag not a bb bat the shaft is too thin

:)

Edited by Slaps

City residents are virtually held hostage as the red shirts continue to occupy the entire stretch of Rajdamnoen Avenue.

Should read 'Ratchadamri' (or Rajdamri if you prefer).

"City residents become hostages to red-shirt anarchy"

don't forget, the same could be said about the "yellow-shirt anarchy" its mutual or reciprocal.

Does that make it any better? I think most Bangkok residents would answer with a resounding 'No.'

You have lost me when you talk about the government doing or not doing what the majority wants.That's not what government is all about.Who wants the tyranny of the majority?As far as the numbers you quote it's all very subjective.You can slice or dice electoral numbers in a thousand ways.The test is who wins seats and who can form a government (uninfluenced of course by politicised court decisions, heavy handed military interference etc - not of course that ever happens here).What the Reds sense I feel is that they and their allies are in pole position.They should go home and wait it out.

Now you have lost me. The tyranny of the majority? Right now the current coalition government are those in the majority. They represent more seats in parliament and coincidentally here, but not always, more individual votes. Hence, no matter how you want to slice and dice it, this coalition government is the rightful government and does not need to dissolve.

Actually, other than your comment about the tyranny of the majority, which I don't understand, I think we are pretty much saying the same thing. Note, I was responding to someone who said the opposite.

I don't know what the Reds do sense. They change what they say is their position so many times that I think it boils down to Thaksin or democracy as the main reasons and no, they are not necessarily synonymous.

This is about Democracy and you crave the present unelected government to do the protesters who want Democracy in ?

Everyone knows the present government was not elected by the people.

So simply, you have a mob on the street as Democracy has been trampled on.

Nonsense, just a few Thaksin apologists spout these lies and then try to use this as an excuse to bring an anti-democratic authoritarian into power.

Democratic elections meant the PPP won and came to power. The people elected the PPP.

No person ever voted for BhumJaiThai, as they did not exist.

The courts dissolved PPP and then 'elite" manipulaton made up a BJT party coalition with the Democrats, even having a banned politician seen hugging Abhisit.

So the present government was not elected by the people, it was put into place by manipulation.

And beleive me, all those that went over to BJT and defied the voters who voted for PPP are going to get hammered in the next elections, which is part of the reason the "elite" do not want new free and fair elections.

They prefer the imposed and annointed "un-elected" government presently in power.

Democracy to the people. New elections now !!!!!!

Some people here have absolutely no clue about democracy and it's like in the swimming pool: most of the noise is at the shallow end.

1. In a parliamentary democracy you do not vote for a party, you vote for a person. It doesn't matter if the name of his party is X or Y. MPs, who used to belong to the PPP are still in parliament, although now in the Phueaw Thai Party. No re-election necessary

2. a member of the parliament is only bound by the constitution and the laws. Not by the party whips and not by the right or wrong expectations of those who voted for him. He is free to change the party he belongs to and he is free to form alliances with whom ever we wants. This is not against the constitution, not against the law and not against the principles of democracy.

3. During the 2007 elections, some parties announced to go with the Democrats but later changed sides and formed the government under Samak. Did anyone then cry FOUL and that's against democracy? Did anyone then claim the PPP government is illegal? No. Because it was not.

4. The PPP government was caught twice breaking the law, even though meanwhile they had changed the name of their party to Pheuaw Thai, but their cheating could not save them. You might question if those MP belonging to the former PPP should not all be banned from politics for cheating. You might question if it is not against the spirit of the law to simply print a new letter head and go on as if the court verdict had never happened. But be this it may, both governments, of Samak and of Somchai were legal.

5. And when some MPs who used to belong to the parties who had previously formed the government, formed a new party and joined forces with the democrats, that was also an absolutely legal and even legitimate step. No law were broken, no constitution violated. They formed a new legal and legitimate government.

6. Of course, the Thaksin cronies and followers were not happy. But if this new government would not have been legal, believe me, someone would have filed a law suit. Thais love to bombard political enemies with law suits. (Remember Thaksin suing a journalist for revealing the truth about the cracks in the Suvarnaphum airport?).

7. LevelHead, nobody ever voted for Phueaw Thai party and yet they are in the parliament. Do you claim they should be kicked out?

You know, by repeating a lie, it doesn't become truth, it only becomes a stupid lie and reflects on those who repeat it.

The discussion here would greatly benefit from posts of people who have a minimum of knowledge of democracy, law, political science and even history.

With a FLAG!!

Could be right there!

redshirtbagpipes.jpg

The loss of 4 fire trucks is the equivalent of 1 central station or 2 neighborhood stations being taken offline. Considering the lack of equipment in Bangkok and the need to position equipment around the city to compensate for response delays due to narrow sois and traffic, it was unwise to sacrifice this equipment. Downright irresponsible. Fire fighters are not to be used in political disputes. These people put their lives on the line on a daily basis and they now get dragged into this. Military fire engines were available and that equipment staffed by military could have been requested. I hope some people in TV are not living in the neighborhoods where the trucks were taken from.

If the governement promises elections in 9 months and better opportunities for the upcountry people ( that was announced today see other thread) then i demand no more then to believe the governement is sincere .

However one could argue that thoses promises are made under pressure from the street and when the pressure is released the governement will find all sorts of reason not to implement those promises . Abhisit is an honest person i think but he not a countryside person .

I would like to bring forward the idea that some ppl from the red shirts or/and PT be accepted (if they agree) in the current governement of PM Abhisit as member of the cabinet (ministers) until next election , first as a mode of verification that promises are held , secund to end the current standoff . It cost nothing to try for 9 months and discuss after , and i think it would save billions of $ to Thailand . Investors would also very much like a cohabitation system . I think everyone is really tired .

Asking fo immediate dissolution or 15 days is not realistic nor reasonable , I think . The governement MUST be given time to do his job .

Edited by moresomekl

The loss of 4 fire trucks is the equivalent of 1 central station or 2 neighborhood stations being taken offline. Considering the lack of equipment in Bangkok and the need to position equipment around the city to compensate for response delays due to narrow sois and traffic, it was unwise to sacrifice this equipment. Downright irresponsible. Fire fighters are not to be used in political disputes. These people put their lives on the line on a daily basis and they now get dragged into this. Military fire engines were available and that equipment staffed by military could have been requested. I hope some people in TV are not living in the neighborhoods where the trucks were taken from.

GK- I think this is the most rubbish I have ever seen you spout, and I've seen some. Irresponsible to sacrifice the equipment? What about to steal it? Give up your spin, please!

Some people here have absolutely no clue about democracy and it's like in the swimming pool: most of the noise is at the shallow end.

1. In a parliamentary democracy you do not vote for a party, you vote for a person. It doesn't matter if the name of his party is X or Y. MPs, who used to belong to the PPP are still in parliament, although now in the Phueaw Thai Party. No re-election necessary

2. a member of the parliament is only bound by the constitution and the laws. Not by the party whips and not by the right or wrong expectations of those who voted for him. He is free to change the party he belongs to and he is free to form alliances with whom ever we wants. This is not against the constitution, not against the law and not against the principles of democracy.

3. During the 2007 elections, some parties announced to go with the Democrats but later changed sides and formed the government under Samak. Did anyone then cry FOUL and that's against democracy? Did anyone then claim the PPP government is illegal? No. Because it was not.

4. The PPP government was caught twice breaking the law, even though meanwhile they had changed the name of their party to Pheuaw Thai, but their cheating could not save them. You might question if those MP belonging to the former PPP should not all be banned from politics for cheating. You might question if it is not against the spirit of the law to simply print a new letter head and go on as if the court verdict had never happened. But be this it may, both governments, of Samak and of Somchai were legal.

5. And when some MPs who used to belong to the parties who had previously formed the government, formed a new party and joined forces with the democrats, that was also an absolutely legal and even legitimate step. No law were broken, no constitution violated. They formed a new legal and legitimate government.

6. Of course, the Thaksin cronies and followers were not happy. But if this new government would not have been legal, believe me, someone would have filed a law suit. Thais love to bombard political enemies with law suits. (Remember Thaksin suing a journalist for revealing the truth about the cracks in the Suvarnaphum airport?).

7. LevelHead, nobody ever voted for Phueaw Thai party and yet they are in the parliament. Do you claim they should be kicked out?

You know, by repeating a lie, it doesn't become truth, it only becomes a stupid lie and reflects on those who repeat it.

The discussion here would greatly benefit from posts of people who have a minimum of knowledge of democracy, law, political science and even history.

I think you miss the point that the politicians who changed to BJT were said to be "paid well" to change sides and offered Ministry positions and power and influence to join the coalition. Many double standards occured from your 1 to 6. Blatent abuses of power and blatent breaking of the rules that was overlooked.

However, to get to item 7 I agree, the moment that PPP was dissolved there should have been another election, end of story. This was expected as it was expected both the PPP and Democrats would be dissolved. EG they both got caught so fairly they both should be punished.

However, strangely that did not happen. I wonder why ?????

You seem to ingore all the abuses by everyone else and concentrate only on PPP, why is that ?

Is it because the CNS shuffled EC and Judiciary determined that the CNS preferred Democrats should be able to do what others cannot ?

Democracy is not a coup.

Democracy is not changing the regulators and finding all your enemies guilty of everything but allowing your friends to get away with everything.

Democracy is not the elite behind the scenes agreeing to form a coalition and buying off small parties and other MP's.

You need to learn what Democracy is, and what it is not.

GK- I think this is the most rubbish I have ever seen you spout, and I've seen some. Irresponsible to sacrifice the equipment? What about to steal it? Give up your spin, please!

firetrucks are mostly run by police

Yes, it is true that they hijacked a few firetrucks in 1992, was is when all the violence began.

I think you miss the point that the politicians who changed to BJT were said to be "paid well" to change sides and offered Ministry positions and power and influence to join the coalition. Many double standards occured from your 1 to 6. Blatent abuses of power and blatent breaking of the rules that was overlooked.

However, to get to item 7 I agree, the moment that PPP was dissolved there should have been another election, end of story. This was expected as it was expected both the PPP and Democrats would be dissolved. EG they both got caught so fairly they both should be punished.

However, strangely that did not happen. I wonder why ?????

You seem to ingore all the abuses by everyone else and concentrate only on PPP, why is that ?

Is it because the CNS shuffled EC and Judiciary determined that the CNS preferred Democrats should be able to do what others cannot ?

Democracy is not a coup.

Democracy is not changing the regulators and finding all your enemies guilty of everything but allowing your friends to get away with everything.

Democracy is not the elite behind the scenes agreeing to form a coalition and buying off small parties and other MP's.

Ok , yes and that came after a military coup and then a conviction for participating in cooking show with small paiement .

Ok , yes but then Thaksin was very corrupt , and most probably so was Somchai

Actually both sides have arguments , i can see that . But its the past

If the governement promises elections in 9 months and better opportunities for the upcountry people ( that was announced today see other thread) then i demand no more then to believe the governement is sincere .

However one could argue that thoses promises are made under pressure from the street and when the pressure is released the governement will find all sorts of reason not to implement those promises . Abhisit is an honest person i think but he not a countryside person .

I would like to bring forward the idea that some ppl from the red shirts or/and PT be accepted (if they agree) in the current governement of PM Abhisit as member of the cabinet (ministers) until next election , first as a mode of verification that promises are held , secund to end the current standoff . It cost nothing to try for 9 months and discuss after , and i think it would save billions of $ to Thailand . Investors would also very much like a cohabitation system . I think everyone is really tired .

Asking fo immediate dissolution or 15 days is not realistic nor reasonable , I think . The governement MUST be given time to do his job .

Amazing. When I hit the reply button your comment on "elite" automatically changes to "countryside person". Your posts have automatic correction capabilities!

No need to put someone into this government as it is already a coalition government. Many MP's are already "countryside people."

firetrucks are mostly run by police

Yes, it is true that they hijacked a few firetrucks in 1992, was is when all the violence began.

If firetrucks are mostly run by police , then we can all feel safe :)

the true red shirt spirit. please sign me up for latest re-education concentration camp so that stupid me will be able to understand democracy.

No need. One word will do. Thaksin.

Amazing. When I hit the reply button your comment on "elite" automatically changes to "countryside person". Your posts have automatic correction capabilities!

No need to put someone into this government as it is already a coalition government. Many MP's are already "countryside people."

There is a button edit in case you never noticed

I have difficulties to define what elite means in the thai context , and i dont like to post something that i dont fully understand

Considering your answer we must be different :)

PS : As I was not talking bout MP's

Edited by moresomekl

Internal Security Act allows the security forces to impose curfews and set up checkpoints

Why not send them all home and have a curfew for one or two days until the spook is over. It's getting worse.

The gov plays for time, but that's maybe wrong. I think the gov wants to wait for the "gai yung"(grilled chicken) situation by mother nature which makes them tired and exhausted. - But this could also create a complete lawlessness.

Internal Security Act allows the security forces to impose curfews and set up checkpoints

Why not send them all home and have a curfew for one or two days until the spook is over. It's getting worse.

The gov plays for time, but that's maybe wrong. I think the gov wants to wait for the "gai yung"(grilled chicken) situation by mother nature which makes them tired and exhausted. - But this could also create a complete lawlessness.

The Red's leaders have already said they would not obey any edicts that are based on the ISA. We saw this last night when they ripped up the orders to disperse and today when they went to Silom after being prohibited from going there. Hence, the curfew would have to be enforced by a violent crackdown, which is what the Red's leaders want (martyrs).

Also, many of the Red Shirts are from Bangkok and surrounding areas. They could go home and come back the next day.

I have difficulties to define what elite means in the thai context , and i dont like to post something that i dont fully understand

I know the edit button, but your post was still showing "elite" on the post, but "countryside person" on the reply screen.

Anyway, for discussion purposes only (as it will never happen), who would you suggest as this countryside person?

Actually the thai system is only one particular form of parlementiary democracy based on the british model .

Strictly speaking parlementary democracy means that the parliement has the right of censorship over the governement . Though another system then the british it also exist in France . Since in France the chief executive is elected by the whole nation , he can not be removed by parliament but his governement can .

The US has a presidential system , secretaries (state , commerce , defence ... ) can not be removed by the house/senate , they only answer to the president

Edited by moresomekl

who's being hostaged? anybody? i want to see some show of hands! oh, i forgot! thousands of foreigners kept in Suvarnhabhumi against their will were hostaged by the yellow shirts with their still unpunished acts.

I know the edit button, but your post was still showing "elite" on the post, but "countryside person" on the reply screen.

Anyway, for discussion purposes only (as it will never happen), who would you suggest as this countryside person?

dunno ...

Neither do you (that it will never happen)

who's being hostaged? anybody? i want to see some show of hands! oh, i forgot! thousands of foreigners kept in Suvarnhabhumi against their will were hostaged by the yellow shirts with their still unpunished acts.

The silent majority of the Thai people are getting BORED to death of these never ending Thaksin loving red cry babies. In Thai culture that is worse than getting hostaged (sic).