Bangkok Residents Become Hostages To Red-Shirt Anarchy

webfact

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

MCOT: Arisman leads Red Shirt protesters breaking through fence to enter Parliament compound

So now they have definitely broken the law. Arrests must be in order?

Cheers, Rick

There were supposed to be mass-arrests by midnight ...about 3 or 4 days ago? And arrest warrants out yesterday for all red shirt leaders ...and ...and ...

Arisman and his thugs (not the majority of the red shirt) have invaded the parliament . What the hel_l is the governement waiting for to arrest Arisman and charge him ?

If the reds really want to score big- THEY will detain ARisman and hand him over to the police.

I remember a few months ago, the Puea Thai offered the Democrats to create a "power-sharing" deal. They declined. I think that would have been a solution. Not sure if it's still on the table.

The only thing on the table at this point is dissolve house in 15 days or we will commit economic terrorism and bring the business district of Bangkok to a halt, while terrorizing the residents of Bangkok.

Edited by way2muchcoffee

Arisman and his thugs (not the majority of the red shirt) have invaded the parliament . What the hel_l is the governement waiting for to arrest Arisman and charge him ?

If the reds really want to score big- THEY will detain ARisman and hand him over to the police.

The amusing thing is that the reds and Arisaman who went in were denounced as fake reds by other leaders. Maybe a case of right hand and left hand which actually might not be amusing at all if control does break down.

I don't think there is an acceptable solution. Here are the possibilities as I see them:

1) The redshirts could halt their demonstrations or at least move them to a legal location and show respect for the law. This would make their 'so-called' democracy protests legitimate. As of now their actions have made them illegitimate. They have resorted to criminal behavior. The redshirts are destroying the democracy that that seem to espouse, and they don't seem to mind if they take down the country along the way. This is ironic because elections are democratic, but demanding them mid-term after their guys were kicked out for anti-democratic vote buying is decidedly undemocratic. I believe that they won't stop, the rhetoric is too strong, they have won several psychological wars in recent days and they have the momentum.

2) The government cannot go in and shut the demonstrations down. The demonstrations would only resume the following day and would be coupled with more bombs and other methods of 'guerrilla warfare' both in Bangkok and in the provinces. A riot would surely ensue and the resulting loss of life and damage to property would be immense and unacceptable.

3) The government cannot dissolve the house and call for elections under these circumstances. The precedent it would set will set Thailand back years. The counter-demonstrations from the PAD will only continue the problems, thus ensuring a cycle of violence and mob rule for the foreseeable future.

4) The government could just wait them out, but who knows how long this could go on. The anarchy and lawlessness in the streets is intolerable to any civilized society. The citizens of Bangkok will likely rise up. You could see bombings of redshirt demonstrations, similar to the bombings of the PAD encampments. This will be disastrous if it happens. I don't have much hope that these demonstrations will just fizzle.

5) The UDD hasn't negotiated in good faith. They have not offered realistic compromise to their demands. For now negotiation seems to be off the table. I have hope that after some time venting their frustrations on the citizens of Bangkok the redshirts my be amenable to further negotiation.

In short, I don't see any positive solutions to this crisis that will be acceptable to the various players.

I remember a few months ago, the Puea Thai offered the Democrats to create a "power-sharing" deal. They declined. I think that would have been a solution. Not sure if it's still on the table.

There will be a meeting of 4 ex PM including Chavalit the current PT boss + the governement + academics . The red shirt leadership has accepted to follow the meeting recommendation . Not sure they will however .

Meanwhile i feel Arisman and his thugs must be arrested , they are breaking the law

Correct !

That would be a big PR coup by the reds !

THE NATION: Two men in red with tear gas found at the Parliament in the sea of red. Reds leader Arisman was quick to pronounce them 'fake".

THE NATION: Wonder those who climb and try to bring down the gate are also fake. It seems genuine reds are very rare as seen on TV.

This is classic case of Reds being fractured. It happens in military campaigns where one faction does something independently which is not part of the overall plan. It shows a lack of lack of leadership and spells the dissipation of the Red campaign - at least for now. Thaksin, wherever he is, is probably pounding the walls and screaming, as he hears/sees his campaign dissolve in to chaos.

When the French were defeated in northwestern Vietnam, their military commander was at an air-conditioned hotel room hundreds of Km from the action. Even with the modern convenience of cell phones and live TV coverage going on now, the dynamics are much the same. A commander cannot effectively lead troops from half a world away.

The amusing thing is that the reds and Arisaman who went in were denounced as fake reds by other leaders. Maybe a case of right hand and left hand which actually might not be amusing at all if control does break down.

Then there is also the case of fake police not obeying orders .

PM abhisit should talk to the right hand :)

I I
redbuffalo.jpg

I don't understand what a North-American Buffalo has to do with the red shirts, but alright ..

I didn't check the buffalo's passport but if you like I'll see if I can find a Thai one. Just for you.

I think the difference isn't in the passport. But leave it, no need, I get your point :)

Well, it looks as though the police have chose sides. I wonder if the army will be brought in to replace them or will the Reds just take over?

I think the high-ranking police still support Abhisit, but the small police officers who have to do the "dirty work" are nearly all from the North and North-East.

After a row with some PTP MPs Arisamon has led some reds into parliament to look for something (Suthep?). Arisiamon found a dud explosive or claimed he did and now wants something. On red TV

TAN Network: Arisman holds up a bomb, claimed govt threw it at red-shirt protesters.Urged protesters to personally ask Dep PM Suthep abt it.

Ofcourse, it will be shown on red tv as "proof" that the government are planning death and destruction.

Edited by anotherpeter

Well, it looks as though the police have chose sides. I wonder if the army will be brought in to replace them or will the Reds just take over?

The same thing happening now as during the yellow storming of the airport .

I cant believe it !

And do you really think the Army will behave much differently? Thailand is the land without consequences. As long as police and military cannot be counted on to uphold the law, we will continue to see unlawful mobs and coups. Nobody here is held accountable for their actions or lack of.

FYI, many are already calling the many of the soldiers Watermelons ... green on the outside but red on the inside.

Edited by jsjohninbkk

Well......

Why not let them have government house? Wouldn't that be a far better rally point for a POLITICAL protest than, say, a random intersection somewhere downtown? And then the yellows took that spot, too, so in this case i'm fully with the reds - political protests should take place at locations where politics is made, not on busy roads.

I went to the Rajprasong site again this morning (had to go to MBK again and it's on the way), they let me ride my motorbike right to the front of the stage. There were probably around 200-300 red shirts there, if that many. A VERY small crowd. And not even in one crowd but scattered around in smaller groups, seeking shelter in the shade of trees and pedestrian bridges. Got pictures to prove it.

Best regards.....

Thanh

Apologies if the Thai is incorrect, google translate isn't great, and neither are my photoshop skills! Btw seriously this shit's just getting ridiculous now. There is no government it seems.

A government which cannot command the police or military is no government.