Multiple Entry N.i. Ed Visa

Hello people from ThaiVisa...

I still have two more questions...

Next month I will do my trip to Nong Khai and cross the bridge to get 90 days more in Thailand.

I have an Multiple Entry N.I. ED visa.

1) Do I need to have a Re Entry permit to take with me? Or can the visa be seen as a Re Entry permit?

I am all the time unsure what a Re Entry permit actually is (a letter, a visa, or another document)

2) The stamp from immigration says "8th of May 2010". Can I still do a border-run on the 8th of May or do I always need to do it

before the 8th of May? The thing is that before would be very difficult, and the 8th of May istelf would suit me the best by doing the visa-run.

Thanks allready.

• 3 weeks later...
Another last question I hope:

Does anybody know the opening times of the Friendship Bridge in Nong Khai.

The day I go is saterday the 8th. Is the bridge open on weekends?

And does anybody know the correct times?

Visa procedure at the Thai Lao Friendship Bridge, Nongkhai

Opening times are from 6 am to 10 pm. Unless you are unlucky and arrive just after a large tour group, the wait for your visa is usually 10 to 15 minutes. Delays are possible when there are long queues at Immigration. As with everything in Lao, there's never a rush.

It's worth noting that Immigration can be slow and frustrating on the Thai side too. If you are in a hurry, best to avoid late afternoons, public holidays and weekends in either country, when the locals cross the border in substantial numbers.

There are Thai baht ATMs just before Thai Immigration, for VISA, MasterCard etc. The next are on the Lao side both at the Bridge and outside several factories on the routes into the city. They accept VISA and Cirrus cards, but dispense Lao kip, usable only within the Lao PDR.

Hope you'll have a nice trip !