Thai Protesters Skirmish With Police In Tourist Hub

webfact

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Military does it's own thing, and does not answer to the PM. :)

Thats your wishful thinking or blissful unawareness.

Unfortunately you do not have a clue on how things work in Thailand

You must be kidding, I live here for seven years, but I can help you out with the bible, read Mattew 5,3

Good night!

Military does it's own thing, and does not answer to the PM. :D

Unfortunately you do not have a clue on how things work in Thailand

You must be kidding, I live here for seven years, but I can help you out with the bible, read Mattew 5,3

Good night!

Ahhh a bible thumper.... no thanks. :)

Perhaps you should read Privy Council president (General) Prem Tinsulanonda's position on this subject.He rejects any government control over the military. I do not think General Prawit the Defense Minister shares your views ether. I think the tip off is that there is an active military general in the government command position. Please go and read up on the subject before posting incorrect information.

Most Thais think if they have any sort of power they are gods. It goes from security guards to toxin when he was in power.

This the power of a paid mob. does anyone who supports them really think they are fighting for democracy?

If you do, go back to your womb and stay there a little longer until your brain develops.

If the reds win, welcome to Myanmar meets Zimbabwe.

Is that the same as Milton Keynes or Moss Side?

Whats wrong with MK Dons? :)

Vinnie Jones would sort all this shit out.

Perhaps you should read Privy Council president (General) Prem Tinsulanonda's position on this subject.He rejects any government control over the military. I do not think General Prawit the Defense Minister shares your views ether. I think the tip off is that there is an active military general in the government command position. Please go and read up on the subject before posting incorrect information.

Except as outlined in section 10, 222, 227 of the Thai charter, and the fact that the military still has seats in the Government, the military is bound to instructions established democratically by the House of Representatives, wether they like it or not.

The views mentioned reflect intransigence, with the expressed goal to lessen military influence over time, and besides show the amount of power the military still has in Thailand today, while they still damaging their own and the reputation of Thailand, just to name some incidents:

The handling of "Tak Bai" in 2004 or the late gross illtreatment of the Rohingyas, the Cambodian border conflict.

Sure, but I understand even more where people like you are coming from.

You do understand the irony of your name on here right?

Another for the ignore list....

I see the irony in a lot of situations and scenarios, especially how farangs living in Thailand can discuss the political situation as if they were in there own native country and how insults are the end result of any discussion. My name is of no concern to you or anyone else and not the issue here. I will continue to comment until you sleepy-heads decide to become conscious-which is a difficult process I must admit.

true, your name is not important. but, wow, what a whammer to many farangs in one stroke of yours....

sleepy-heads, you say......

who is awake at this time, anyway? :)

Edited by sealy

It is time to bring Thaksin back. DO you think if he was a PM he would put up with kind of crap? Some government is better than no government as it is obvious right now

I think you are suggesting to bring back Thaksin in order to stop the nonsense caused by Thaksin's supporters under instructions from Thaksin.

Good thinking Batman.

This is all the making of Thaksin, not the unofficial, military-installed-gov't at present. Even better thinking Robin!

all thesE wasted columns, just call RAMBO.......

I believe the quote you're thinking of is: "The government doesn't own the horse, it is only the jocky." This doesn't imply a rejection of any control over the military, although the context in which it was said gave a green light to an abhorrent event.

I believe that the first, and if I'm not wrong, only non-military (current or retired) minister of defence was Chuan Leekpi.

• 2 weeks later...
I live here for seven years,

You live here for 7 years but you don't know the purpose of the Thai military.

Here's a clue. It's not to protect the Nation or the Thai people.

I'll let you guess their function.

18 or was it 19 coup d'état since 1932 can tell the story.