Uk Settlement Visa Letter.

I was reading through the letter that the UKBA enclosed with my wifes settlement visa entitled 'Information for the holder of spouse/civil partnership visa', which I'm guessing is a standard letter sent to all successful applicants and was both surprised and disgusted to find an error.

Paragraph 4 is as follows - 'Please note that you visa has been issued to enable you to settle with the sponsor named in your visa only.'

We are always being told about the large number of children who leave school without even the most basic of English skills and I'm not really surprised if even the BA can't get it right. Maybe the staff at the embassy should be made to pass an ESOL course or the life in the UK test. :)

Has anyone else noticed this?

I can understand your concern at the quality of written English being displayed by someone at the Embassy but to call it disgusting flies in the face of the correct use of the English language.

"Disgust is an emotion that is typically associated with things that are regarded as unclean, inedible, infectious, or otherwise offensive. For example, "I am disgusted by the ...".

Just a thought. :)

It's been nearly ten years, but I seem to remember that I was too happy that my wife had got her visa to be concerned with any grammatical errors on any of the accompanying letters!

The words 'storm' and 'teacup' spring to mind.