N.u.f.c.

woralak

Haven't heard a whisper all Season, they get promoted then they start making a noise.. :):D

Only joking ( well i'm not really ), good to see them in the Top Flight again next Year..

Agreed. Oustanding performance, but I worry that you may be beset by the same problems next season with that <deleted> Ashely still in charge.

One thing's for sure. Trashley will now try to build value into the club with a view to selling it again. That means Hughton out, with a generous payoff hopefully, big name in (although finding someone good enough, who is prepared to drink from that poisoned chalice may be hard to find), and he will then start hawking the club around again at inflated numbers.

If Dennis Wise is still involved up there I fear the worst.

I used to work with Chris Mort (the ex-Chairman) and was surprised when he took that job, effectively working for Ashley, but not at all surprised when he left, thinking it was portentious.

Well as far as i can see or whats comming out of Geordie land is,Alan Shearer still has an interest in the club ?,dont qoute me on that but its just what fam/friends are suggesting.

The comment about Ashley,what can i say,we have been after his resignation for longer than i care to remember,the ? is will he step down (i cant see it) unless there is some big bucks involved,i dont think he is in it for the love of the club,having said that i dont think anyone that has anything to do with football these days is in it for the love of the club including players themselves,therefor as far as our progress next season we are gonna have to suck it and see.

I dont want to be drawn into a head to head argument with MSing or anyone for that matter im just expessing my great joy on my teams revival even though it may be short lived.

I think most people on here would agree it's great to have them back in the Premiership, for the football and for the inevitable "will they won't they" Geordie soap opera next season.

I think Big Kev should be brought back, now he's finished counting his easily acquired payoff. Or Souey. It would be great to see him back in the Premiership so we can boo at the tele.

On balance Shearer may be best but he may take you down as he has no expertise. Although Cashely may not care as he will have sold by then.

Is Wise still part of the Newcastle setup? He would probably love a shot at 'Roy Keane" style management (ie abysmal).

Well as far as i can see or whats comming out of Geordie land is,Alan Shearer still has an interest in the club ?,dont qoute me on that but its just what fam/friends are suggesting.

The comment about Ashley,what can i say,we have been after his resignation for longer than i care to remember,the ? is will he step down (i cant see it) unless there is some big bucks involved,i dont think he is in it for the love of the club,having said that i dont think anyone that has anything to do with football these days is in it for the love of the club including players themselves,therefor as far as our progress next season we are gonna have to suck it and see.

I dont want to be drawn into a head to head argument with MSing or anyone for that matter im just expessing my great joy on my teams revival even though it may be short lived.

Where's that come from ?? :D

I only have arguments with people who talk tripe & you haven't so all cool..

I'm a Football Fan Mate to be honest, i love Football & i love to talk about any Team or any Club, just so happens that some i despise, yours not being one of them.. :)

As i said in my first post, a Premier League with Newcastle in it is a better Premier League & even Sunderland Supporters should be admitting that as if you'r enot in it, there is barely any rivalry..

& i do like a bit of banter, so long as we can smile when we recieve a bit instead of getting all Lemon, like some do on here.. :D

Being as the league hasn't finished yet shouldn't this topic be in the The Lower League Thread :D .

Ooof.

Wayay Man. Where's ya sense of generosity man?

He has a point though ShareC. What if Ashley went broke, the club went into Administration and they got docked 9 points :)

Only joking worolak :D

^ Or they appoint a wholly unsuitable manager, that greedy idiot Ashley tries his hardest to get a sale away, they "do a Liverpool", ie panic in the top flight with an underpeforming manager but with an idolising fan base, drop points all over the place, they then sack the first (of 10) managers, the dressing room is lost, Ashley turns to Ernie - sorry Dennis - Wise and asks him to steer the club back to the Premier League again in 2012.

Surely none of these things can happen to a club like Newcastle. They're too good to go down......

“John Terry shags Wayne Bridge’s missus.... and Bridge refuses to shake his hand.

“Steven Taylor texts Andy Carroll’s bird and gets a broken jaw. Makes you proud to be a Geordie.”

Andy Carroll is one to look out for if he isnt in HMP next season.

It could be a long hard season if Niall Hickmann from The Daily Express has his facts right.

CHRIS HUGHTON will be ­handed a £15million transfer kitty this summer by Newcastle owner Mike Ashley, whose only demand will be to keep them in the top flight.Following their promotion back to the Premier League, Hughton was told by Ashley that the days of profligate spending at St James' Park are over and he will be given only modest sums.

Being as the league hasn't finished yet shouldn't this topic be in the The Lower League Thread :D .

Ooof.

Don't let it bother you alfie. Leave them alone to discuss the next episode of 'Changing Places'. :)

Ooof.

He has a point though ShareC. What if Ashley went broke, the club went into Administration and they got docked 9 points :)

Only joking worolak :D

Nice one,i get ya drift :D

I'm a Football Fan Mate to be honest, i love Football & i love to talk about any Team or any Club, just so happens that some i despise, yours not being one of them.. :)

As i said in my first post, a Premier League with Newcastle in it is a better Premier League & even Sunderland Supporters should be admitting that as if you'r enot in it, there is barely any rivalry..

& i do like a bit of banter, so long as we can smile when we recieve a bit instead of getting all Lemon, like some do on here.. :D

Na offence takin bonnie lad,i like a good owd crack mesell,by the way wat side d yee follow ?,or ave a missed sumick. :D

It could be a long hard season if Niall Hickmann from The Daily Express has his facts right.

CHRIS HUGHTON will be ­handed a £15million transfer kitty this summer by Newcastle owner Mike Ashley, whose only demand will be to keep them in the top flight.Following their promotion back to the Premier League, Hughton was told by Ashley that the days of profligate spending at St James' Park are over and he will be given only modest sums.

Oh <deleted> 15mil mite buy them a new strip :)

Na offence takin bonnie lad,i like a good owd crack mesell,by the way wat side d yee follow ?,or ave a missed sumick. :D

I'm West Ham Mate, been to St James's three times, losing 3-0 on every occasion..

First time we stood on the Gallowgate when Cole & Beardsley ripped us apart ( we were in the bottom right hand corner as you face the pitch ), the other 2 were a Wednesday night & a Monday night Sky Game when Steve Potts got sent of for his 45th foul on Ginola..

I said to myself i'd never go to Newcastle again, then we go a win 3-0 the next Season up there.. :D

Im forever blowin bubble's,what can i say (Alf Garnet & co),hope ya stay up M8 so we can kick ya butt again hehehe,and yeah ya did give us a trouncing (3-zip) sorry ya missed it,good luck to the Hammers hope they stay up,lets hope Zola can sort things out,keep :D .

I'm West Ham Mate, been to St James's three times, losing 3-0 on every occasion..

First time we stood on the Gallowgate when Cole & Beardsley ripped us apart ( we were in the bottom right hand corner as you face the pitch ), the other 2 were a Wednesday night & a Monday night Sky Game when Steve Potts got sent of for his 45th foul on Ginola..

I said to myself i'd never go to Newcastle again, then we go a win 3-0 the next Season up there.. :D

I think most people on here would agree it's great to have them back in the Premiership, for the football and for the inevitable "will they won't they" Geordie soap opera next season.

I think Big Kev should be brought back, now he's finished counting his easily acquired payoff. Or Souey. It would be great to see him back in the Premiership so we can boo at the tele.

On balance Shearer may be best but he may take you down as he has no expertise. Although Cashely may not care as he will have sold by then.

Is Wise still part of the Newcastle setup? He would probably love a shot at 'Roy Keane" style management (ie abysmal).

thought wise got the heave a while back?

barcodes should stick with hughton, he seems a good man, got them back on track this season and deserves a crack at the top flight. they've a decent core of players to add to as well if they can keep hold of the argies and the like after the world cup.

thought wise got the heave a while back?

barcodes should stick with hughton, he seems a good man, got them back on track this season and deserves a crack at the top flight. they've a decent core of players to add to as well if they can keep hold of the argies and the like after the world cup.

In the absence of Woah Woralak's confirmation, Wikipedia is our friend:

Wise further angered Newcastle United fans when he was shown often attending Chelsea home games (and the FA Cup Final). Later, it was revealed he spent the vital last day of the 2009 season in Dubai celebrating his wife's birthday, showing a surprising disinterest in the outcome of a club in which he had very recently been inolved. In fact both of Wise's signings (Xisco and Ignacio Gonzalez) failed to feature in the club's final game. While these signings have received fairly negative views from Newcastle fans, the late Sir Bobby Robson and newspaper pundits have slated them as second rate signings.

On 1 April 2009, following the appointment of Alan Shearer as manager on an interim basis, Newcastle released a statement that Wise had left his role as Executive Director of Football with immediate effect. The club also confirmed that there were no plans to replace Wise.

In an interview with the Guardian on 28 July 2009, it was revealed Wise is still receiving £20,000 per week from Newcastle United and was cited as one of the many reasons buyers were reluctant to purchase the club.

After the death of Sir Bobby Robson, The Sun's Bob Harris wrote how Robson told him: "My biggest disappointment was Dennis Wise, a director of football who was hardly seen at the ground, and who brought in players who were neither suitable, nor right, for Newcastle United. I forgive most people, but I am not sure I can forgive Wise for what he did to my club."

Wise attended a football arbitration hearing in September and October 2009 established to resolve the dispute between Keegan and the Newcastle board. Wise's actions in signing Nacho Gonzalez, claiming he wanted to 'do a favour' for two South American agents, and asking Keegan to sign players from YouTube.com, as well as confessions from the board that they had lied to the fans, press, staff and players regarding Keegan's allegations, claiming it was just 'PR,' led to the panel ruling in favour of Keegan.

Wise's image thereafter has been greatly damaged, and himself admitted his career has subsequently been destroyed.

In the absence of Woah Woralak's confirmation, Wikipedia is our friend:

Wise further angered Newcastle United fans when he was shown often attending Chelsea home games (and the FA Cup Final). Later, it was revealed he spent the vital last day of the 2009 season in Dubai celebrating his wife's birthday, showing a surprising disinterest in the outcome of a club in which he had very recently been inolved. In fact both of Wise's signings (Xisco and Ignacio Gonzalez) failed to feature in the club's final game. While these signings have received fairly negative views from Newcastle fans, the late Sir Bobby Robson and newspaper pundits have slated them as second rate signings.

On 1 April 2009, following the appointment of Alan Shearer as manager on an interim basis, Newcastle released a statement that Wise had left his role as Executive Director of Football with immediate effect. The club also confirmed that there were no plans to replace Wise.

In an interview with the Guardian on 28 July 2009, it was revealed Wise is still receiving £20,000 per week from Newcastle United and was cited as one of the many reasons buyers were reluctant to purchase the club.

After the death of Sir Bobby Robson, The Sun's Bob Harris wrote how Robson told him: "My biggest disappointment was Dennis Wise, a director of football who was hardly seen at the ground, and who brought in players who were neither suitable, nor right, for Newcastle United. I forgive most people, but I am not sure I can forgive Wise for what he did to my club."

Wise attended a football arbitration hearing in September and October 2009 established to resolve the dispute between Keegan and the Newcastle board. Wise's actions in signing Nacho Gonzalez, claiming he wanted to 'do a favour' for two South American agents, and asking Keegan to sign players from YouTube.com, as well as confessions from the board that they had lied to the fans, press, staff and players regarding Keegan's allegations, claiming it was just 'PR,' led to the panel ruling in favour of Keegan.

Wise's image thereafter has been greatly damaged, and himself admitted his career has subsequently been destroyed.

Wiki Entries can be written by anyone who wants to write one & i have a feeling that one is written by someone from teh North East of England who had Black & White Blood if i had to put a wager on it.. :)

Thank god for that, back in the EPL so I can watch it on the telly instead of crappy internet feeds!!!!

Howay the Toon!!!

I don't think Wise would come back to Newcastle he's had his easy money already and as stupid as CAshley is he really can't be that stupid can he?