Exch Baht To Us $

chillibilly

Seems strange one cannot go to a Pattaya bank and exchange baht for dollars. Planning on a trip and need to take dollars with me... where can one exchange about 35,000 baht for dollars in Pattaya? (I don't want to wait until I get to the airport, with my luck the bank at the departure area will be closed.)

Hi,

On the corner of second road and Soi 1, there is a money changer where I was able to change my THB for USD's without problems,...except that I had to order the USD's and come back the next day for getting them.

I did it last year before travelling to Vietnam.

Good luck.

Excuse me but what is the problem exactly ?

I got again US$ notes from my Kasikorn bank Pattaya Tai in November to a trip in Cambodia. It took only a few minutes and 3 or 4 signatures. Maybe there are some kind of difficulties for big amounts (above 10,000 US$ ?) but for less than 1,000 US$ I think you can get that easily and nearly everywhere...

Please tell me if I am wrong, or if some rule change ? :)

Bank Gold in Soi Rungland just off Pattaya Tai near the third road junction.

Can someone give me better instructions where Bank Gold would be (is this a "real name" or local expat name for it...a "bank" or money exchange place? I live in Naklua and have no idea where soi Rungland is.

And what are the hours for the place...open in the evening?

thanks

Money window on second road near Tims beer bar. Money changing booth on Pattay Klang between second road and Beach road on the south side. Have done it at both. They post the exchange rate going both way, baht to USD and USD to Baht.

I did it at the airport on my last trip. During my 53 days in the LOS the exchange rate actually went up and I got back about $1 more than I exchanged, even with the vig both ways.