Pattaya

dickie58

I was having a couple of beers in a bar on beach rd about 6pm last night, left there about 7pm then walked up through Soi 13 into Soi Yamoto, bars & restaurants completley empty, as a lot of those places are locals bars there are always a few customers in those places, last night was exteremly quiet?

A Ptty mate of mine popped out for a few down walking st Tuesday evening, he was telling me over a coffee yesterday morning it was pretty quite down there as well, even though it was Tuesday night.

I have a couple of expat mates who own restaurants around the Soi Buakow area, & there saying its suddenly gone really quite. I drove past the restaurant where my g/f works in Soi Buakow @ 9am this morning, not a sole in there.

Although i'm not a lover of Songkran, Ptty usally has a few people in town one week before that chaos starts?

Last night was dreadfully quite.

It goes with out saying this RS crap in Bkk is not helping much, now the state of Emergency has been declared up there, I bet tourists are cancelling there holiday plans to Thailand wholesale?

I'm trying to sell my house, not got a hope in hel_l with all these problems at the moment.

Edited by dickie58

Its just short before Songkran, most Expats did a frenchie and retreated to the Philippines or somewhere else without water splashing. The rest is at home filling as many bucket with water as possible.

Btw. I would be much more concerned where the GF was when you drove along the Place she should be working :)

Yeah its like the retreat of the tide before a tsunami.

:D quite

No, it's because they're all in Bangkok protesting, and the expats have gone away for a few weeks to avoid Songran.

And also ex-pats staying inside for a few days solid until the water has gone completely. That reminds me, I must go shopping and fill up the fridge and freezer for those days.

:)

There are many Shops open 24/7, Nighttime is usually no problem during Songkran. However if you do your shopping around Soi 7/8 or Walking Street, thats a different thing. Not sure if the Stuff you get there are too keen to stay in your fridge thought. :)

It is very QUIET at the moment.

Friend of mine has a bar in soi 8 and is going broke fast.

She can't afford to pay her staff and no one wants to buy the bar.

There must be a lot of bars in the same situation.

A week or two revelry in Songrak isn't going to change things for her.

The writing is on the wall for lots of the beer bars in Pattaya.

It should be a busy SK in Patts. They have closed down some of the Bangkok parties due to the red shirt insurgency. The party people will be coming here, more than usual.

Yeh, let's wait and see.

I passed Pattaya city hall this morning and saw the small gathering. They must have been HOT, the weather may have a bearing on what they do from now on. Feels like 37-38 today, phew!

Enjoy na krub.

It should be a busy SK in Patts. They have closed down some of the Bangkok parties due to the red shirt insurgency. The party people will be coming here, more than usual.

They actually canceled ALL Songkran festivities in Bangkok apart from Khao San road where the business operators will make sure the party goes on, and the small traditional SK event in front of city hall.

Pattaya normally is a traffic mess with the long holiday weekend, I guess this weekend will be simply horrendous with massive amounts of Bangkokians escaping the red shirt madness and dropping in Pattaya for Songkran celebrations.

Some of them rents on soi 7 and 8 are 75k a month! that's got to hurt right now.

Pattaya isn't just quiet it's dead as a door nail at the moment, it's like everyone just evacuated double fast in the last 3 or 4 weeks.

Too many bars doing the same theme and not enough customers, it's a miracle that so many are still open for business!

They must be funded from elsewhere.

Too many bars doing the same theme and not enough customers, it's a miracle that so many are still open for business!

They must be funded from elsewhere.

There have been too many bars for the number of customers for at least 10 years now. It needs to get back to the number that there were in the early 90s, and then perhaps most bars will make a profit.

I agree that they are funded from elsewhere- probably naive westerners!

You must have heard the old saying "how to make a small fortune in Pattaya- start with a large one".