Msg

mr.buffalo

Yes "Ajinomoto" is a Japanese branded version of MSG...it can be found in small bottles in the Japanese food section of most supermarkets in town (Foodland, Villa, Tops, etc.)

In Thai the msg is known as flavoring powder or "Phong-Chu-Roth". Otherwise try Ajinomoto which is a brand name.
Edited by FarangBuddha

It is widely used as a flavoring agent (in small quantities) in Japanese cuisine...Google Japanese life expectancy and you will see that it certainly is not "death" in any form. The trouble with many restaurants (and bad home cooks) is that they use too much to flavor poor quality ingredients that lack natural flavors.

Type MSG into Google, read and you will never want to use MSG again. Death in a packet. Cheers.
Edited by FarangBuddha

It is widely used as a flavoring agent (in small quantities) in Japanese cuisine...Google Japanese life expectancy and you will see that it certainly is not "death" in any form. The trouble with many restaurants (and bad home cooks) is that they use too much to flavor poor quality ingredients that lack natural flavors.
Type MSG into Google, read and you will never want to use MSG again. Death in a packet. Cheers.

My wife is Thai and her body gets a numb tingling feeling all over if she eats any food with msg in it. She will always ask them first if the food has any in it and will not buy if it has. She is allergic to it. To my knowledge it only enhances the flavour of the food and really greens the vegies up? It's crap.

It sounds like she may be alergic to it...or at least very sensitive to it. Some people are alergic to peanuts and will go into anaphalactic shock if they eat just one in some food. However, don't slam MSG just because some people are alergic to it. I have had it used in my cooking since I was a child and if used properly it enhances the flavor of food like any other seasoning.

My wife is Thai and her body gets a numb tingling feeling all over if she eats any food with msg in it. She will always ask them first if the food has any in it and will not buy if it has. She is allergic to it. To my knowledge it only enhances the flavour of the food and really greens the vegies up? It's crap.

Edited by FarangBuddha

This is commonly used to poison dogs in the Philippines. Slice a hotdog lengthwise, hollow it out, put a couple tablespoons of this healthfood inside and wrap it back up with thread. Usually kills the dogs in a short time. Now before the do-gooders jump all over me, I must say I don't condone killing dogs like this but have personally seen what this healthy, healthy stuff can do. I wouldn't touch this stuff with the proverbial ten foot pole.Google it like the gentleman says expand your brain a little.

This is commonly used to poison dogs in the Philippines. Slice a hotdog lengthwise, hollow it out, put a couple tablespoons of this healthfood inside and wrap it back up with thread. Usually kills the dogs in a short time. Now before the do-gooders jump all over me, I must say I don't condone killing dogs like this but have personally seen what this healthy, healthy stuff can do. I wouldn't touch this stuff with the proverbial ten foot pole.Google it like the gentleman says expand your brain a little.

We had a topic on Thai Visa a few months ago with all health aspects regarding MSG, i agree don't use it.

It is rubbish enhancer, (make you headache / thirsty / blow stomach / palpitations)

Thai food with the amount of oil / sugar / msg and what ever they use are not healthy in your system for sure , cancer is very high in Thailand.

i have my dedicated points where i go for lunch or dinner, only lemon / herbs / garlic i accept

Thai food is not healthy !!! or it can be only to the know how to do it (what is not in the generality)

But very hard to make them understand what you will accept ... most of the time i have to use the term sabai / sabai for something i find good but totally test-less for Thai people, why mu favorites restaurant are not Thai but Chinese.

Edited by simcity

Cheese, Soy, Marmite - all contain large amounts of glutomatic acid as do ALL meats, fish, eggs, dairy products and seaweed.

Obviously all of these people avoiding MSG obviously avoid all of these foods as well.

Cheese, Soy, Marmite - all contain large amounts of glutomatic acid as do ALL meats, fish, eggs, dairy products and seaweed.

Obviously all of these people avoiding MSG obviously avoid all of these foods as well.

Are you costumers from mc Donald (beef) KFC chicken (chicken) fish and chips shop (fish) to said nonsense as such? A dinner in a Chinese takeaway is not considerate a food for me

Obviously you are a adept with Mama noodle

My fresh fish / chicken / beef & products do not have msg

Are you costumers from mc Donald (beef) KFC chicken (chicken) fish and chips shop (fish) to said nonsense as such? A dinner in a Chinese takeaway is not considerate a food for me

Obviously you are a adept with Mama noodle

My fresh fish / chicken / beef & products do not have msg

Nothing above fresh :)

Not all instant noodle contain MSG.