webfact

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Veera warns of consequence if he is arrested. 1 minute ago via TweetDeck

In other words he says: "Arrest anybody else, we have thousands for decoration here, but not me, understand?" :)

At the current rate of arrests we will have been through another dynasty of kings by the time all the red shirts leaders have been arrested.

What a sham! At least the keystone cops were intended to be useless at their job for the purpose of entertainment. Hmmmmm ... perhaps there's a good story for a movie here.

"All festivities including religious rituals will not be held this year," Bangkok Governor MR Sukhumbhand Paribatra announced yesterday.

couple of hours earlier the army said Songkran can be celebrated. :)

This is crazy, how can multiple governments continue to loose control of their own country?

The government needs to take action when issuing warnings, otherwise they mean nothing.

Agreed, and seems better for it to happen now, than when if the reds take over it might be Maoist dictatorship time.

The army can't/won't control a mob of only 2500? That is pitiful.

you can bet that Hun Sen (Cambodia) and U Ne Win (Burma) are looking at the performance of the Thai Army and might well be considering an invasion based on today's showing

i have seen more spunk in Pattaya motorbike taxi drivers than these guys showed today .......

RT @jin_nation: RT @satien_nna: Urgent, Thaicom director conceding to reds, agreeing to reconnect PTV. //But govt just said no way.

5 minutes ago via TweetDeck

Thaicom director should turn it on, and ignore the govt. Shutting down the media is what started this little skirmish, and instigated the situation. Looking like this was a bad move by the govt.

RT @jin_nation: RT @satien_nna: Urgent, Thaicom director conceding to reds, agreeing to reconnect PTV. //But govt just said no way.

Thaicom director should turn it on, and ignore the govt. Shutting down the media is what started this little skirmish, and instigated the situation. Looking like this was a bad move by the govt.

Some posts suggest that this got them out of the Business/Tourist districts... What do you think?

I will agree if the government concedes Thaicom to the redshirts, and if PTV comes back online. All signals are pointing to this at the moment but it hasn't been confirmed.

On the other hand I believe that the rhetoric from the stages is criminal and that the government were correct to shut down PTV as it was broadcasting violence-filled hate speeches.

They turn it on again?

I will agree if the government concedes Thaicom to the redshirts, and if PTV comes back online. All signals are pointing to this at the moment but it hasn't been confirmed.

On the other hand I believe that the rhetoric from the stages is criminal and that the government were correct to shut down PTV as it was broadcasting violence-filled hate speeches.

Agreed, and no one is dead yet. I don't think that anyone wants blood on their hands at this point. Certainly not the PM.

Soldiers Give in, PTV Signal Resumed

BANGKOK: -- Soldiers have given in to the demand of the red-shirt protesters at Thaicom headquarters.

They've been allowed to reconnect PTV signal, allowing the broadcast of the red-shirt TV to resume.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2010-04-09

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

MCOT: Natthawut: Thaicom will reconnect PTV signal in one hour; Red Shirt protesters are ready to withdraw

THE NATION: Red leaders telling protesters to pull out now.

THE NATION: Meanwhile, Weng reorganising crowds at Rajprasong, which have increased to thousands.

THE NATION: Protesters at Rajprasong have been given masks and told to soak them with water.

THE NATION: A lot of police forces seen inside the nearby police HQ.

Some posts suggest that this got them out of the Business/Tourist districts... What do you think?

It got them out, but *will* the army stop them from just coming back in?

No.

Thing is that how can a few thousand people hold a Govt. by the throat. Honestly, it just doesn't make sense? It defies logic.

And it looks like the government did concede. Disappointing. They should not make strong public statements like they did with regards to Thaicom and then not be willing to back them up. They should have set up 20,000+ security forces there and ordered them to hold their ground.

Edited by way2muchcoffee

Red shirts to reach agreement on PTV, move back to Rajprasong

BANGKOK: -- Following hours-long negotiations, red-shirt leader Natthawut Saikua said the red shirts had succeeded to force Thaicom uplink station to resume its satellite service to PTV.

The negotiations was brokered by Provincial Police Region 1 chief Lt General Krisada Pankongchuen.

In exchange for the resumption of PTV broadcast, the red shirts agreed to disperse from the uplink station and allow police to gain control of the area.

The resumption of broadcast is expected to take an hour and complete by Friday's evening.

By 5:15 pm, the red-shirt protesters moved back to Rajprasong

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-04-09

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Thing is that how can a few thousand people hold a Govt. by the throat. Honestly, it just doesn't make sense? It defies logic.

I believe the army always wants Thai governments to understand that they don't run the show so either it's over-the-top aggression and killing or it's we're-not-doing-what-you-say type behaviour

I suspect that a lot of what we see and think are real significant events are just public sideshows. The real negotiations are probably going on between Thaksin, the army, the police, the Democrats & god knows who else.

Based on what has happened so far, I suspect that either Anupong has made a deal with the Reds or a significant part of the army is no longer obeying him. The police, of course, are and were always useless.

And it looks like the government did concede. Disappointing. They should not make strong public statements like they did with regards to Thaicom and then not be willing to back them up. They should have set up 20,000+ security forces there and ordered them to hold their ground.

Doesn't matter how many troops you use, if they are not willing to carry out the orders then the govt can't enforce their statements

Edited by Guest

Doesn't matter how many troops you use, if they are not willing to carry out the orders then the govt can't enforce their statements

The military have their own olitcal games to play and they dont seem to be in line with those of the Dems right now. I will say seem as god only knows what is going on behind the scenes but I would guess negotations we will never know about

# Oh dear, anti-red people plan to gather and block Rajthewi intersection to protest "state failure." (via ASTV) 2 minutes ago via TweetDeck

Haha this is getting everyone nowhere. Next you will see anti-anti-red people.... and then anti-anti-anti-red people so the rest is history.

(edited a spelling typo.)

Edited by Kiccoro