Short Term Visters Visa To Us In May ?

I HAVE LIMITED TIME TO GO TO THE US ....AS I DO NOT WORK IN THAILAND BUT HAVE A BUSS , GIRLFRIEND OWNS SHOP AND WORKS IT AND SHE HAS 9 YEAR OLD GIRL WHO WE HAVE IN SCHOOL.

I WILL ARRIVE MAY 3 AND STAY A WEEK , THEN I MUST GO SEE MOM IN US AND HER LAWYER AND THINGS FOR A WEEK AND RETURN TO THAILAND FOR A WEEK AND BACK TO WORK. HOW CAN I GET GIRLFRIEND A VISA TO GO WITH ME TO MEET MOM AND COME BACK TO THAILAND ?

IS THE TIME TO SHORT TO DO THIS ? IF WE START NOW ?

IS THE PROSSES TO LONG ?

I WORK FOR MILITARY SO MY MIL ID DOES HELP SOMETIMES WITH THINGS MAYBE THIS TIME..?

I SEE SHE CAN APPLY ON LINE AND GET APP... DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG THIS TAKES ,,,SITE SAYS 12-16 DAY ??

ANY INFO WILL BE OF GREAT HELP...

Not going to happen in the short time frame that you have specified, doubt if you could even get an appointment by May

And in the future don't use all caps on this board, it is considered rude and not acceptable

And your Military ID card doesn't mean squat to the Embassy, just like my State Department Retiree ID card means nothing to them

I have to agree with above post. Getting girlfriend to the US is not easy at all, and unless she can show a long term, consistent relationship with you it will be next to impossible. Getting the appointment in such a short time frame is also going to be difficult. Wish I could be more positive. Good luck! Jing Jing.

"BUT HAVE A BUSS..."

What does this mean?

I'm guessing it is slang for business.

However, whilst it is perfectly ok to own a business in Thailand and have no WP and if small enough even to pay no tax, you cannot use that income as proof of anything as technically, that "business" doesn't technically exist, it having no accounts, etc.

I'd say there is no chance of the OP getting his GF into the USA in May, even if he had years of history and all the paperwork.

"BUT HAVE A BUSS..."

What does this mean?

However, whilst it is perfectly ok to own a business in Thailand and have no WP and if small enough even to pay no tax, you cannot use that income as proof of anything as technically, that "business" doesn't technically exist, it having no accounts, etc.

I'd say there is no chance of the OP getting his GF into the USA in May, even if he had years of history and all the paperwork.

yes,

That is bussiness and she owns it and has a child is school , she runs shop and owns shop, we have acct, lawyer, and are completly legal

pay VAT, reg, and so forth.

I understand that main thing is to prove she will retun to Thailand and not just hide , i will by ticket and write a letter and we have to leave and return to business and child .

I also went to home land security and they said my security clearence and id will help but i wonder about getting interview?? i have appointment when i arrive at embasey to speak to them .

"BUT HAVE A BUSS..."

What does this mean?

yes,

That is bussiness and she owns it and has a child is school , she runs shop and owns shop, we have acct, lawyer, and are completly legal

I understand that main thing is to prove she will retun to Thailand and not just hide , i will by ticket and write a letter and we have to leave and return to business and child .

I also went to home land security and they said my security clearence and id will help but i wonder about getting interview?? i have appointment when i arrive at embasey to speak to them .

"BUT HAVE A BUSS..."

What does this mean?

yes,

The conoff wants to see consistency period. My wife was approved for a 10 year tourist visa on her first attempt. Her interview lasted under 5 minutes.99% of the questions that the conoff asked pertained to our relationship and our son. Ties to Thailand very important. Ties to you very important. The problem with GF is that it is much harder to show those ties. I live and work here so that went in her favor, plus we are married with child.

Keep in mind that you will not be allowed in the interview with your GF. There have been many people who have posted recently that have had problems getting an interview date. The word is that the embassy updates their appointment schedule every night (after midnight), but other people are jockeying for those slots too, so you or (GF) has to be on top of it if you expect to get an appointment in such a short time.

Will writing a letter help? Don't know. I would advise you not to buy a ticket until she has the visa, (unless you can return it for a 100% refund), since it will not help with her approval. Many people have made this mistake and get stuck with an unused ticket.

Good luck!

Under Section 214b of the US Immigration and Nationality Act, she will need to prove "strong ties" to Thailand, or another country abroad, and "weak ties" to the USA. Therefore, if you are from the USA, then YOU need to prove strong ties overseas as they will be looking at whether you will leave the USA and thereby bring her with you.

Obtaining a US tourist visa for a Thai national can be rather difficult, but it does happen.

As to the Department of Homeland Security office in Bangkok, they only handle immigrant visa matters where the US petitioner is a long term resident of Thailand.

It is generally unwise to make travel commitments prior to visa issuance as there are all sorts of unforeseen delays that can arise in the process as well as the possibility of outright denial.

I hope that this was helpful.

All the Best!!

Ben Hart

US Immigration Attorney

Integrity Legal

Edited by DirectorIntegrityLegal

Under Section 214b of the US Immigration and Nationality Act, she will need to prove "strong ties" to Thailand, or another country abroad, and "weak ties" to the USA. Therefore, if you are from the USA, then YOU need to prove strong ties overseas as they will be looking at whether you will leave the USA and thereby bring her with you.

Obtaining a US tourist visa for a Thai national can be rather difficult, but it does happen.

As to the Department of Homeland Security office in Bangkok, they only handle immigrant visa matters where the US petitioner is a long term resident of Thailand.

It is generally unwise to make travel commitments prior to visa issuance as there are all sorts of unforeseen delays that can arise in the process as well as the possibility of outright denial.

I hope that this was helpful.

All the Best!!

Ben Hart

US Immigration Attorney

Integrity Legal

Thank you all ,

I will try and see what happens, best info i have gotten as web sites are very poor.