Uk Passport Issue

Hi,

I will be applying for a UK passport for my son soon (he is only a couple of weeks old). I understand that I need all the usual documents BUT what is the rumour about photos and having a Thai/Westerner that I have known for 2 years signing something or writing something? Confused- embassy said nothing about this to me.

Cheers in advance.

For someone to get a British Passport they need a Professional person, eg Doctor , Lawyer, Banker etc, to sign one photo and the relevent part of the Passport application form saying that "I certify that this is a true likeness of ...."

In the case of a child, it is normal to give the form and photo to the child's Doctor.

Hope this helps

For someone to get a British Passport they need a Professional person, eg Doctor , Lawyer, Banker etc, to sign one photo and the relevent part of the Passport application form saying that "I certify that this is a true likeness of ...."

In the case of a child, it is normal to give the form and photo to the child's Doctor.

Hope this helps

Hi Toddy

The British Embassy were very understanding when I applied for my son's passport in March this year.

They said a nurse, bank clerk, amphur employee, village head etc. would be fine.

We got the nurse from the local village hospital to sign. She wasn't contacted by the embassy.

Very important and quite difficult to do with a newborn is to make sure the baby is dead centre of the photo, head and shoulders only and no hands of whoever is holding him whilst the photo is taken.

Embassy rejected the 2 sets I had taken, we had to go away and do them again!!!!! :o

PS - Look forward to meeting you on the 10th at Titanium. :D