Motorbike Auction

TheAceFace

Can anybody confirm the day and time this weekly auction is held please?

Are there bargains to be found and most importantly do all bikes come with the correct legal documents once a purchase is made.

Any folks like to share their experiences of this auction, good or bad?

Im after something half decent as a run around making deliveries....looking at spending 30000-40000THB

Its every Friday at 5 pm .They do the paper work for you ( takes a month ) .Prices seemed to me to be just a little cheaper than private sale prices .You need to put down a B10,000 deposit to bid at the Auction .The only test you can do is look over the bike and turn on the engine .They only sell small scooter type bikes .Having seen it i would prefer to buy privately .

If you are going to spend 30 - 40 K on a bike, get a NEW one... My girlfriends bike was only 32 for a new Honda.

Another alternative is to look in the classified ads. Many people are selling bikes that are relatively new in the 20K range.

Thanks Guys.

Will take a look and see what they have......Im after a used one as it is gonna get hammered alot, and I don't want the staff to wreck a new one if I can help it.

Thaifan: whats the 10Gs for....just to bid? or once the sale is made...seems silly to pay just to be able to bid? Regarding the one month for transfer....Im guessing during this period the bike can still be used?

Cheers

Ace

If you are going to spend 30 - 40 K on a bike, get a NEW one... My girlfriends bike was only 32 for a new Honda.

That was my first thought too! If you are willing to spend 40,000 Bt then you would be better off with a new one. No damage and a full warranty.

Thanks Guys.

Will take a look and see what they have......Im after a used one as it is gonna get hammered alot, and I don't want the staff to wreck a new one if I can help it.

Thaifan: whats the 10Gs for....just to bid? or once the sale is made...seems silly to pay just to be able to bid? Regarding the one month for transfer....Im guessing during this period the bike can still be used?

Cheers

Ace

Yes the 10 k is just to bid and get a bidding number .If you do not buy you get it back .Its to make sure that people who bid are serious about it .You can use the bike as far as i know while waiting for the papers .

Private or auction they all fall into a price margin of about 3000 Baht,go to the auction look at all the unsold bikes put aside through not making the reserve price them start offering their owners what you want it for,your sure to pick something up at your price tag

I'd rather buy ba used bike regardless new suspension spring,brake pads /shoes are buttons,why pay premium price for something thats already done,

Yes ride the bike straight away,keep 200 Baht aside,ride it for years no checking.

Private or auction they all fall into a price margin of about 3000 Baht,go to the auction look at all the unsold bikes put aside through not making the reserve price them start offering their owners what you want it for,your sure to pick something up at your price tag

I'd rather buy ba used bike regardless new suspension spring,brake pads /shoes are buttons,why pay premium price for something thats already done,

Yes ride the bike straight away,keep 200 Baht aside,ride it for years no checking.

Your right, that makes a lot of sense !!!