Where Does Prices Start For Very Small Condos ?

bow

What should I expect to pay for a very small condo in Pattaya ?

I am thinking of something like a small hotel room in a building in reasonably good condition.

The gap between the price in ads, and what people end up paying, seems to be larger here than I am used to from Europe.

Prices appear to be depressed at the moment, you should get a bargain. But why buy when rents are so low? Money spent here on property is never to be recouped in a lot of cases. I would avoid putting hard-earned money into Pattaya or Thailand for that matter. :)

Prices appear to be depressed at the moment, you should get a bargain. But why buy when rents are so low? Money spent here on property is never to be recouped in a lot of cases. I would avoid putting hard-earned money into Pattaya or Thailand for that matter. :)

The OP is talking about a small investment which can easily pay for itself in a few years .Some people like me like to have their own place where they can do what they want within reason .Also it can be a storage facility for the owner when out of Country .

OP are you talking second hand ?.If so places in Nirun Condo near Carrefour start from as low as B350,000 .A better place for low money is the Majestic Condo in Jomtien in Soi Wat boon .A low rise place with Condos from B500,000 with large balconyies .

A mid range place ,Jomtien Beach Condo has Condos from B800,000 .

New Condos start around 1 million baht .

The OP is talking about a small investment which can easily pay for itself in a few years .Some people like me like to have their own place where they can do what they want within reason .Also it can be a storage facility for the owner when out of Country .

OP are you talking second hand ?.If so places in Nirun Condo near Carrefour start from as low as B350,000 .A better place for low money is the Majestic Condo in Jomtien in Soi Wat boon .A low rise place with Condos from B500,000 with large balconyies .

A mid range place ,Jomtien Beach Condo has Condos from B800,000 .

New Condos start around 1 million baht .

Definitely "second hand".

I buy it to live in when I am in Pattaya. I prefer to have my own place instead of renting or living in a hotel.

It is an investment only in the sense that it is nice to get my money back if I decide to sell.

Prices depressed? wait another year and you'll see diving boards outside all condo buildings,their owners taking a backward flip to heaven.

Prices here are going to half and half again in next to no time,and building goes on apace,unbelievable.

Go to the SS camp in Jomtien,they'll give you one for free,just to get the damned place filled,plus a dolly bird or two.

It is an investment only in the sense that it is nice to get my money back if I decide to sell.

I wouldn't count on getting your money back - it may happen, you may even turn a profit, but currently there are far too many low-end condo units in Pattaya. A friend has a single 32 sqm unit in a nice condo on Pratumnak Hill, and he would like to move due to personal reasons, but he has been completely unable to find a buyer for his room at anything close to what he paid for it.

Prices depressed? wait another year and you'll see diving boards outside all condo buildings,their owners taking a backward flip to heaven.

Prices here are going to half and half again in next to no time,and building goes on apace,unbelievable.

Go to the SS camp in Jomtien,they'll give you one for free,just to get the damned place filled,plus a dolly bird or two.

I agree. The entire real estate market is going to pop in thailand what with protests political instability and even a possible civil war. Can you imagine what a full on stouch between the reds and yellows would do with the military and possbily the police involved?

This would be a nightmare scenario for Thailand and investment. The Thai baht is also way over valued and when it pops which it surely will, watch out for real estate prices as they plunge.

Wait 3 years at least possibly 5 then buy.

Thats Park Lane development where 1M Baht was the starting price for Thais and 1.2 M for Foreigner .The Place is now almost sold out with nothing advailable under 1.5 M baht .

Iguna the developer is soon to announce a new project near by which will be called Paradise Park ,starting at 1M ( for Thais i presume ) .

The Park Lane Jomtien Resort project is being offered to clients at an average of 25% below current market value, so owners benefit from an inherent profit from the moment they buy. If a conservative average capital growth of 15% for the next 5 years is presumed, investors stand to earn a substantial 170% return on investment.

Live Chat Support

Skype Russian Condos for Sale in Pattaya Thailand версия

So if a conservative capital loss of 15% over 5 years is presumed (and of course ,more chance of happening)I stand to make a loss of 170%,...hang on,hows that? sod it ,think I'll pass

I agree. The entire real estate market is going to pop in thailand what with protests political instability and even a possible civil war. Can you imagine what a full on stouch between the reds and yellows would do with the military and possbily the police involved?

This would be a nightmare scenario for Thailand and investment. The Thai baht is also way over valued and when it pops which it surely will, watch out for real estate prices as they plunge.

Buy as soon as the market pops then, what would be the point in waiting 3 to 5 years for prices to recover? your post doesn't make sense?? Surely the Thai baht taking a tumble would be a positive for foreigners wanting to buy a place and help prop up the housing market? especially in pattaya. When a currency becomes weak it is a catalyst to inflowing investment into the country individuals/ firms get more more bang for their buck....so i think you've got yourself muddled up somewhere...... Personally I think the op should invest money in something else offshore and rent long term somewhere even if the thai baht is so strong - Im pretty sure its due for a fall and things are to unstable here at the moment to buy a property, so only do it if a million baht ain't that bigger deal to you buddy  :)

Edited by miksguevara

You can find small condos about 30 sqm

in the 300,000 - 400,000 baht range

in Nirun Condo or Spanish Condo by example,

but I would live in neither of these places... :)

Thank you all. I get the picture. I have to pay at least 300.000, but no need to go above 500.000.

Or in other words: it's pointless to go around looking for rooms for 100.000 - 200.000, but there is, on the other hand, no need to look at rooms close to 1.000.000

A few year's ago a friend of mine bought a condo. It's an investment he told me. Paid 3.5 mill +tax. Has just sold it cash problem's. Was on the market for over 6 month's. In the end it went. Did he make a profit. Sure he did if you think paying out the payment's every month, for upkeep ect, plus repaint. What did he get a hole 2.3mill. And he had to pay the tax. Got to be one of the best investment's I ever heard of. RENT.

I agree (and, for the record, saw it coming as far back as 2005).

It would be "crazy" to buy anything now if you intention is to make money of it within the next ten years.

The exception, I think, remains top floor front ocean view concrete coffins--they are still in demand.

What surprises me most is the optimism that some real estate hounds express.

I think it is not possible for them to see reality.....perhaps because it is too emotionally difficult to accept.

There will no doubt be cue cards to take that leap off the top floor boards.

And, believe it or not, I am an optimist. :)

Yes thats it,...I think .On the other hand(whichever hand) it's pointless looking at anything between 300.000 to 500.000(unless you wait a full year)then in all probability they will be in the range of nil to 100.000 allowing for the Bahts fall of 30%,and falls in property prices generally ,thus alighning itself to the Mason -Dixon price index.

If the baht falls 30%, why would this affect property prices? This would increase the buying power for westerners I would think this would help the prices in Pattaya. (looking at purely Baht values).

Anyway the OP was just asking a price to get a 'crash pad' in Pattaya. The prices for this are less than the cost of a decent second hand car so why worry about the value in 2 years or 5 years time.

6 years ago I paid nearly £30K for a nice Audi (in the UK) now it is worth about 25% of what I paid, am I bothered? of course not I knew this would happen. I bought it because I wanted it and enjoy driving it, not for an investment.

In December I paid nearly £30K for a condo in Jomtien. Maybe it is not a great investment, but I have always wanted a condo in Thailand close to the sea. Maybe is worth less in the future, maybe more. To be honest I am not really bothered.

Just buy what seems good value to you, don't expect it to be a great investment, ignore the real estate guys talking about massive % increases, ignore the doom mongers taking about massive % drops and enjoy having a nice little base in Thailand.

cheers

As we pass through this life it is well worth aquiring assets,meaningful assets,.We swop ,we trade,hopefully gaining at each and every exchange,it is pointless doing anything if knowingly that the asset value of anything acquired is going to be less,OK a car excepted,what would be the point of getting up every morning to go to work? OK if your money has been left to you,it enables you to be reckless.

Money is'nt everything ,but it is, if you haven't got any.

Why don't you rent somewhere cheap by the month when you are in Pattaya, and leave things in Pattaya storage when you go away.

Cheaper priced apartments generally don't get looked after so well and you might struggle to get your money back when you come to sell. Plus, buying cheap you have a 50% chance of getting <deleted> neighbours, like the guy who lives next to Changmaifun :)

All my life i have purchased property,for many years it was my buisness,i made rather a lot of money at it ,enough to retire early. would i buy a property in Pattaya ? its about as likely as my becoming a go go dancer in walking street. RENT.

If I buy, I will buy to keep the condo for the foreseeable future. Short term variations in price doesn't worry my too much.

(It is not unusual in my country in Europe that condos go down to 0, you literally can't even give them away for free, but prices always bounce back. Let's hope it's the same in Thailand.)

As we pass through this life it is well worth aquiring assets,meaningful assets,.We swop ,we trade,hopefully gaining at each and every exchange,it is pointless doing anything if knowingly that the asset value of anything acquired is going to be less,OK a car excepted,what would be the point of getting up every morning to go to work? OK if your money has been left to you,it enables you to be reckless.

Money is'nt everything ,but it is, if you haven't got any.

I would say most things you buy in life decrease in in value, not just cars. Did the 42 inch flatscreen on your wall increase in value? did the computer you are using to post on thaivisa increase in value?

About the only thing I have bought in my life that has increased is UK property and shares. Done well on UK property and OK on shares.

I bought my condo because it is something I wanted, same as I wanted my car, my TV, my watch and most other purchases big or small. If you go into buying a Thai condo with this mindset you will not be disappointed.

What's the point to get up and go to work if you cannot buy what you want in life. May many of the people in this thread do not want to own a condo in Thailand and I respect their choice, everyone is different!

All my money was earned my myself BTW, I have never inherited a penny.

cheers

Edited by jay1980

I suppose if you are only spending less than a 1m baht it doesn't really matter that much what happens.

The problem is that anything in that price range I wouldn't live in personally and as others have said neighbours are one of the big problems in condos.

A friend of mine (Italian National) bought an apartment at Nirun for 400,000 baht. He had so many problems with it he suffered a complete nervous breakdown and was sent back to Italy in a drugged stupor. His Thai girlfriend still lives there.

The Park Lane Jomtien Resort project is being offered to clients at an average of 25% below current market value, so owners benefit from an inherent profit from the moment they buy. If a conservative average capital growth of 15% for the next 5 years is presumed, investors stand to earn a substantial 170% return on investment.

Live Chat Support

Skype Russian Condos for Sale in Pattaya Thailand версия

So if a conservative capital loss of 15% over 5 years is presumed (and of course ,more chance of happening)I stand to make a loss of 170%,...hang on,hows that? sod it ,think I'll pass

lol

The Park Lane Jomtien Resort project is being offered to clients at an average of 25% below current market value

..... and they are still available? Then they are above maket value!

I happen to agree with the views above on property prices - obviously Abhisit doesn't, as his government have just put all the transfer taxes back up!

A friend of mine (Italian National) bought an apartment at Nirun for 400,000 baht. He had so many problems with it he suffered a complete nervous breakdown and was sent back to Italy in a drugged stupor. His Thai girlfriend still lives there.

Many Farang live there and say they dont have a problem .The high rise block at the back is supposed to be best .

I would not like to buy a condo for 990.000 and then discover that my neighbour got his for 400.000.

But it does not bother me very much to buy one for 400.000 and then discover that its value slowly depreciates over the next two years to 200.000. I would not like it, but this is part of the deal, prices go up, prices go down.