Aeon Atm @ Airport Plaza

lifemagic

I've searched and couldn't find this posted elsewhere.

The Aeon atm at airport plaza was down the day before yesterday, the one in the office, so I asked her if it would be OK later and she gave me a map to the other one, on the same floor of airport plaza. Exit the Aeon office and turn left. When you get to IT City on the right, next to that there's a court of mobile shops called 'ecentre'. Walk into that and look at the far left corner and see an Aeon placard hanging over a gutted shop (honestly). Walk over to the gutted shop and there's an Aeon atm inside, i.e. stand-alone machine (rather than hole-in-the-wall) standing in the middle of it. Weird, but it was plugged in and worked for me (fee free of course), and supposedly keeps better hours that the office one because there was no door on this shop.

lifemagic.

so you went through all this to save 150 baht ( about 3 quid english or 6 ish us dollars )

or .... one ferang meal from the great cook in mad dog !

its very sad if you have to do this to stay or live here !

dave2

lifemagic.

so you went through all this to save 150 baht ( about 3 quid english or 6 ish us dollars )

dave2

It is not about the amount!

It is about the money grabbing by the banks.

Banks, in general, that are to blame for the financial crisis.

If I could give the 150 baht charged by the bank to someone who needs it, I would gladly do.

But I hate giving money to banks diluting my pension by nearly 40%, and besides that cost me a COOL 9200 euro.

lifemagic.

dave2

OR a Superman Breakfast from the great chef Khun Kriptonite at PUN PUN GUESTHOUSE.

lifemagic.

dave2

OR a Superman Breakfast from the great chef Khun Kriptonite at PUN PUN GUESTHOUSE.

OR 5 good sized bowls of noodles with roast pork from a street stall

from ATM to foodie thread, hijacked again :)

Edited by Donnyboy

Just a word of caution with respect to these AEON ATM's at Airport Plaza. Back in November I had 12,000B deducted from 2 separate overseas accounts after X2 withdrawal attempts at the office AEON ATM I did not receive any cash during the w/d attempts. The nice but disinterested staff would only keep advising me to contact my banks - eventually I was reimbursed after AEON did not contest the claims.

I have also seen reports of the same happening at Pattaya AEON ATM's so be aware that there is a potential glitch in their systems.

I would advise any UK Nationwide Flex account users to withdraw from the yellow Ayudhya bank ATM's as they are CHARGE FREE for them ie you will save 150B and the FX rate seems reasonable.

That's interesting, as it's a Nationwide card I use.

Don't quite get the comment about 150 not important. I go to Airport plaza weekly for the nearby Rimping supermarket and looking around, so it's no trouble to pop in. When it didn't work, the second one was about 60 meters away, and even then the closest atm to where I was. So actually, I went to no trouble what-so-ever.

lifemagic.

dave2

Yeah seriously what a jerkoff. Throwing away 150 baht for nothing is the coolest thing to do. Only real men waste their money.

• 4 weeks later...