Bangkok: 10+ Dead, Hundreds Hurt In Bangkok Clashes

webfact

A very reputable Thai source in my Facebook feed said about a half hour ago that the Red Shirts have taken 28 soldiers hostage. Surprised there is no new thread about this, if it is accurate...

It is accurate. There are pictures. The soldiers look afraid of being murdered. The reds have become grade A terrorists now.

I saw something on TNN24. Looked like an armored personal carrier had been surrounded by red shirts. Then there were negotiations going on. The APC was then seen driving away ... although it wasn't clear if it had been returned to the army or confiscated by the reds.

Not sure what has happened to the soldiers. It's all a bit cloudy in the reported news department at the moment.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Abhisit should stop this lunacy. Step down and call an election now

he is in deep sh.t now and pulling back will be a lost of face -kai nah is not a very thai thing.

like lady macbeth in a state of sonambulance, he has to go through the nightmares to try to wash the THAI red spots off his

hands now , FOREVER.....

HE HAD HIS CHANCES TO STEP DOWN , but he stubbornly hung on to power with absolutely no moral authority whatsoever... :)

no man, the reds are in deep shit now. the PM has to protect the countries from destruction, he is doing his job. if you were him what will you do?

A very reputable Thai source in my Facebook feed said about a half hour ago that the Red Shirts have taken 28 soldiers hostage. Surprised there is no new thread about this, if it is accurate...

It is accurate. There are pictures. The soldiers look afraid of being murdered. The reds have become grade A terrorists now.

they have declared war with the government long before. they are the enemy of the state now and they should be destroyed.

The soldiers might have co-operated in the kidnap. Some of them are seen to be on the Red's side...

those people will have died in vain if he did that

if you reds had accepted his reasonable offer of an early election in 9 months none of us would be in mourning tonight

If he wasn't so concerned with hanging on to power at all costs, we wouldn't be mourning them tonight. Abhisit is full fear, and for good reason now. He's going down in a big way.

hanging onto power means nothing

enforcing the rule of law and doing the job you are paid to do (and have the balls to do it) is much more important

the protesters came for a fight and after a month of provocation, they got one

som nom naa

Is this really how to deal with what was essentially a sit in?

Sit in's don't break through police lines to get into parliament, army lines to get into a satelite station and army barracks.

A sit in? Sure they've been sitting at Central world putting thousands of people out of work. But they've also been running around Bangkok like maniacs provoking the soldiers, the police, the media and anyone else they can get close to. By the way don't forget that the reds often protested outside TV stations. I'm sure if they had been able they would have happily censored what was on the air. They believe in freedom of their speech, freedom for them to assemble, freedom to vote if it's for their party. The reds don't care about the rights and freedoms of people who don't share their point of view. This is far more complicated that a sit in. No one is going to accept the excuse of "we were just sitting here".

Jingthing do you have a link to this?

This whole scene is beyond repair now. C'mon Thaksin.... issue something...condem this violence. Tweet us, vidoe us, get one of your lawyers to get up on stage and tell eveybody to stop the carnage!!!! You could win major points by showing restraint at this point. :)

It absolutely won't happen. He SMS's people earlier today asking them to join the rallies rather than fight.

The govt has the excuse it needs to go in and clear the rally sites now, yet it doesn't; they would still rather negotiate for a peaceful settlement.

Meanwhile the red leaders parade dead bodies on stage to incite anger.

Lines have been well and truly drawn, yet Abhisit is still trying to reach a peaceful solution.

If this is a civil war, there are rules of warfare. At this time, the combatants are the Thai army and the red shirt insurgents still out there fighting. Lets stop the fiction that the red shirts were ever there for non-violence, once and for all. Any red shirt going out now is a combatant. Please send all the children and old people home. If they get hurt, it is the red's fault for putting them in a war zone. The tough ladies can stay if they choose. If the combatants are defined, it is a war. If the red shirts continue to play with ideas of blowing up trains of civilians, well they become war criminals/terrorists.

Edited by Jingthing

Sit in's don't break through police lines to get into parliament, army lines to get into a satelite station and army barracks.

A sit in? Sure they've been sitting at Central world putting thousands of people out of work. But they've also been running around Bangkok like maniacs provoking the soldiers, the police, the media and anyone else they can get close to. By the way don't forget that the reds often protested outside TV stations. I'm sure if they had been able they would have happily censored what was on the air. They believe in freedom of their speech, freedom for them to assemble, freedom to vote if it's for their party. The reds don't care about the rights and freedoms of people who don't share their point of view. This is far more complicated that a sit in. No one is going to accept the excuse of "we were just sitting here".

How many people were killed in those instances ..................None.

The deaths came last night/tonight. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by asiancup2007

they knew what they were here for

they got it.

you keep poking a tiger, he will eventually wake up and bite you

So what do you suggest ? Accept an illegitimate governement

that has robbed you of your vote and go home ?

Abhisit went on to put off the air the red TV station in spite

of advice not to do that by his colleagues ex PM .

It all started there .

Even if you can convince yourself the government is illegitimate it is not a dictatorship. There will be elections again, maybe in 9 months maybe a year. There will be an opportunity to use your vote, or sell it at that time. Even if you call an election today you won't go to the polls for at least 2 months. So how many dead Thais is it worth to speed up elections that will come anyway?

I do not need to convince myself it is illegitimate , it is , thats a fact .

Abhisit should never had shut down the red TV , he has enough means

to counter their propaganda with his own .

Seeing that he could not solve the situation that divide thais so much he

should have unilaterally announced his resignation . He had the right to do that

and is right as he could not bring peace in the streets without bloodshed .

let someone else , a unity governement with the PT talk to the red

You want my opinion , he is pretty much incapable anyway .

And now he has blood on his hands .

Of course 15 days elections not possible i never said it was .

This whole scene is beyond repair now. C'mon Thaksin.... issue something...condem this violence. Tweet us, vidoe us, get one of your lawyers to get up on stage and tell eveybody to stop the carnage!!!! You could win major points by showing restraint at this point. :)

I don't think that's possible. He's too weak from his cancer and probably dying soon. Therefore, leaving very little time left for the Red leaders to make a final buck from his pocket...that's why you see all hel_l breaking loose the past 2 days.

If this is a civil war, there are rules of warfare. At this time, the combatants are the Thai army and the red shirt insurgents still out there fighting. Lets stop the fiction that the red shirts were ever there for non-violence, once and for all. Any red shirt going out now is a combatant. Please send all the children and old people home. If they get hurt, it is the red's fault for putting them in a war zone. The touch ladies can stay if they choose.

Some of your posts really are stupid !!

http://tweetphoto.com/17900856

Soldiers at Phan Fa stage apparently.

Yes JT, link please.

See it now. Thanks.

Edited by way2muchcoffee

"doctored" pictures, no? where are these pictures to be found or is this another rumour monger minus the reds' tv stations now...

see, they should not have shut down the reds' tv stations.....

now, we have a real blackout and have no real idea who is telling the false from the truth......

amazing thailand..... :)

name='moresomekl' date='2010-04-11 00:37:43' post='3493332']

they got it.

It all started there .

QUOTE FROM ABOVE BY MORESOMEKL:

"So what do you suggest ? Accept an illegitimate governement

It all started there . "

It's been said before but:

- The abhisit government is not illegitimate, but it doen't suit your ends to recognise this point.

- 'Robbed of your vote' Yes robbed meaning that the meglomaniac in dubai tricked you into believing he was the savior. Be angry with him, not abhisit.

- Abhisit was right to stop the braodcast and the manipulation of millions of Thais through broadcast of numerous lies and untruths.

- Advice of his colleagues ex PM, where does that come from, please?

they got it.

It all started there .

Even if you can convince yourself the government is illegitimate it is not a dictatorship. There will be elections again, maybe in 9 months maybe a year. There will be an opportunity to use your vote, or sell it at that time. Even if you call an election today you won't go to the polls for at least 2 months. So how many dead Thais is it worth to speed up elections that will come anyway?

should have unilaterally announced his resignation . He had the right to do that

Hello !!!!

Nobody alive will be able to unite Thais

The divide is so great the differences so vast

One will not accept the other as the ruler no matter what the situation

he is in deep sh.t now and pulling back will be a lost of face -kai nah is not a very thai thing.

like lady macbeth in a state of sonambulance, he has to go through the nightmares to try to wash the THAI red spots off his

hands now , FOREVER.....

HE HAD HIS CHANCES TO STEP DOWN , but he stubbornly hung on to power with absolutely no moral authority whatsoever... :)

no man, the reds are in deep shit now. the PM has to protect the countries from destruction, he is doing his job. if you were him what will you do?

he is protecting his own ass... he could have gracefully call for election...can call election in 9 mths, what's wrong with calling it now? if he is confident the people are behind him, wuoldn't going for election now and winning it prove his point?

How many people were killed in those instances ..................None.

The deaths came last night/tonight. Correct me if I'm wrong.

How truly ignorant can you be? The reds have been breaking the law and have been advocating violence the whole time. They have finally got what they have been asking for and now you try to make them out to be the victims? You can fool some of the people some of the time but I don't think many will buy your rhetoric now.

they got it.

It all started there .

Hello !!!!

Nobody alive will be able to unite Thais

The divide is so great the differences so vast

One will not accept the other as the ruler no matter what the situation

thaksin has all the credits.

How can so called "educated" people from civilised nations still come on here and condone and even worse support this nonsense.

You people need to take a serious look in the mirror.

The government has done everything to end this peacefully and Thaksin has got exactly what he set out for at the start, yet you still support them

Soldiers being taken hostage by their own people, for doing their job.

I hope this is finished quickly.

Hopefully Thaksin would perish soon. Otherwise, we wouldn't have enough dumb a*s Reds to pick up our rubbish, clean the streets, work in construction sites, plant vegetables and most importantly...allow their daughters to make a quick buck in Soi Cowboy :)

Another newbie that seems to be missing something .... his brain.

Abhisit has now joined an elite club of Thai leaders that have ordered the army and police to shoot on their own Thai people. :)

what have you've been thinking? government did what they have to do perhaps if the reds burn your home you will just sit there and tweet about it? THINK!

"THINK"

Seems to be much easier said, than done, for some of us.

And where is Abhisit?!?

People keep dying because of him.

Actually they are dying because of your hero Thaksin.

They are just cannon fodder for him.

Obviously another example of something that has been deleted because the TV censors found it unfit to print. Yet, when you ask to have an account deleted they say, "If we delete everything you posted it will make the thread not make sense."

Nobody's cannon fodder for Taksin you dirty government shill. You side with murderers and you're anti-democratic. Today nine Thai citizens were murdered by there own people under government order; and one of yours too, "Yoshiwara".

This was the red's plan all along. Provoke a response, for as long as it takes, dancing, dancing, poking, poking, until BAM they get a response. Then blame the government. The post above is the kind of garbage they think the Thai people will believe. The truth is only the red true believers may believe it. The reds may still win, but the majority of the country will be

afraid and disgusted if they do.

my enemy's enemies are my best friends

quote/unquote RICHARD NIXON :)

"doctored" pictures, no? where are these pictures to be found or is this another rumour monger minus the reds' tv stations now...

see, they should not have shut down the reds' tv stations.....

now, we have a real blackout and have no real idea who is telling the false from the truth......

amazing thailand..... :)

Maybe I missed some other deatils, but what does the picture show/prove; 4 soldiers, yes. Where? when? What's happening around them?

Anyother details available?

If this is a civil war, there are rules of warfare. At this time, the combatants are the Thai army and the red shirt insurgents still out there fighting. Lets stop the fiction that the red shirts were ever there for non-violence, once and for all. Any red shirt going out now is a combatant. Please send all the children and old people home. If they get hurt, it is the red's fault for putting them in a war zone. The tough ladies can stay if they choose. If the combatants are defined, it is a war. If the red shirts continue to play with ideas of blowing up trains of civilians, well they become war criminals/terrorists.

Correct, they've been playing with fire all this time, walking the line, brinksmanship. Well it's backfiring in their faces now.

After all the smiles and hospitality, the Thai people have achieved a new low. If this sort of situation occurred in any other country I wouldn't have been the least bit surprised. Never expected this from Thailand.

Not-so-amazing Thailand indeed...

After all the smiles and hospitality, the Thai people have achieved a new low. If this sort of situation occurred in any other country I wouldn't have been the least bit surprised. Never expected this from Thailand.

Not-so-amazing Thailand indeed...

They are superficially super calm for a really long time, and then they explode. I don't think that big a surprise to most people who understand the Thai way.