Bangkok: 10+ Dead, Hundreds Hurt In Bangkok Clashes

webfact

The truth is that Abhisit lost face yesterday and had to regain it somehow today. His "strong response" and attempts to take back the rally sites have resulted in the deaths of Thai people :)

Or an alternate view:

The reds had a win yesterday and tried to push too hard today. Their continuous confrontation with the army has resulted in the deaths of Thai people.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiro Muramoto, a Japanese national who worked for Thomson Reuters in Tokyo, was shot in the chest and arrived at Klang Hospital without a pulse, said the hospital's director, Dr. Pichaya Nakwatchara.

"I am dreadfully saddened to have lost our colleague Hiro Muramoto in the Bangkok clashes," said David Schlesinger, Reuters Editor-in-Chief.

I am sorry to sound insensitive, but what did the Red shirts expect by trying to storm Army Compound?

It is actually not as bad as it could of been. Any other country would of responded even harsher should anyone try to attack the army, but then again i can not say i have heard of any country where people are stupid enough to try to storm Army compounds.

After all the mess, injury's and deaths some Red leaders continue to ask people to fight, which once again only shows that the leaders do not care about the people and only in pursuit of their own agenda's

Without any doubt, Abhisit's time to go has come.

ok i'll bite

why is that then?

he looks stronger than ever to me

He's responsible for the deaths of several protesters and soldiers. AND a Reuters journalist. Plus the overall attempt didn't even work, it's essentially a failed operation.

yes several protesters who were behaving in a dangerous, threatening and illegal manner that was detrimental to the countrys well being

unfortunately their terrorist like behaviour tragically took the lives of some brave soldiers doing their duty in defending this country from anarchists

do you know who shot the journalist?

what if it turns out to be red bullet

then i expect it would have to a fake red who did it

its sick how red shirts like you are trying to capitalise on these peoples deaths to support your cause

you should be ashamed

No hardly. A National LEaders job is to defend the country from aggressions both without and withn in.

Sadly this has been a homegrown attack on Thailand, and using all the latest Perception Management techniques

to manipulate the view of the Thais and outside world. It is based on cobbling together normally divergent fringe groups

around a amoral, greedy, but down home eloquent rabble rousing core.

This has been massaged by repeated Propaganda attacks into some faux construct of poor, down trodden fighting for democracy,

while sitting hip and jowl with un-reconstruct communists, and businessmen usurers, and renat a thugs nuuters.

Add in some near psychopaths who can shout out extemporaneous bile and you have 'a movement'.

But it moves to where and why... the aggressive attacks to retrieve power without understanding

why and who will use it, is not a movement is is a chimera.

An evil doppleganger of democracy, twisted and perverted.

In two weeks I am arriving in Bangkok. I am staying near the democracy monument for 4 days, until flying out to Chiang Mai. Then I come back to Bangkok to take a bus/ferry to Koh Samui. Do you guys think I will have any problems with staying in BKK, or busing? Is it safe to be in BKK right now? Please let me know!

Disagree. He has tried restraint for weeks. But the reds kept pushing.

He tried to negotiate with the red leaders, but Thaksin would have nothing of it.

The reds tried to keep it peaceful, but they couldn't help themselves. Breaking into parliament. Breaking into Thaicom. Confronting the army at their military bases.

The reds talked about non-violent protests. But non-violent protests don't involve sharpened sticks (spears), and they don't involve bombs.

The reds have caused this.

Yes Abhisit must resign now .

He sent soldiers with live ammunition , why did he do that ?

thats an interesting picture in your imagination, Abhisit in the barracks handing out live ammo...

the reds came equipped for a fight with guns, bombs and machetes

they got one

som nom naa

He is the PM , he must bear responsability .

And some red leaders as well

Just saw Abhisit on TV. Impressive how much self control he shows.

Wondering if such a balanced PM is not showing too early in Thai history.

Facing him, shameless Zimbabwe-style red shirts leaders fooling innocent people to clash with the army for the sake of a billionaire hiding in Dubai.

Not enough for them to excite them to risk their lives for an agenda they're not aware of, they then go drag their bodies from the hospital to parade them to excite other ones to get hurt for their master on the run.

Sickening!

Did anybody else notice the smirk on his face?

no, only you would be sick enough to imagine he would smirk whilst people are still dying in hospitals all over Bangkok

f off I have friends that are missing!!

then you should be trying to find them instead of wasting your time here

if my friends were missing i would not be here chatting with the likes of you

Abhisit has now joined an elite club of Thai leaders that have ordered the army and police to shoot on their own Thai people. :D

long before all the bloodshed today, he was already a member of the elite club.

today merely reaffirm his position.

he deserves the equivalent of an O>B>E> for that from the the thai kingdom.

he "deserves" it. :)

Anyone still claiming that protesters are there because of money should feel deeply ashamed of themselves.

You are telling people to be ashamed of themselves? You who have been cheerleading endlessly for a movement led by thugs, anti-royalist Maoists, and terrorists? Please spare us.

Edited by Jingthing

In two weeks I am arriving in Bangkok. I am staying near the democracy monument for 4 days, until flying out to Chiang Mai. Then I come back to Bangkok to take a bus/ferry to Koh Samui. Do you guys think I will have any problems with staying in BKK, or busing? Is it safe to be in BKK right now? Please let me know!

Who knows....its 2 weeks from now.

Look at the picture above and decide for yourself

they need to be taken down quickly from the top.

there must be at least one team of soliders with balls that can arrest the heads and take them to some far off military base

I think we are past the point of "due process" and having to explain actions

Isn't that what Hitler did, 70 years ago????

get the leaders first and give a free shuttle

to e-saan and it's over ... i come over next week and it's not finish - i do it

:D

Also sad day for lung for posting.....that.

can't follow u ...

but it must come like this.still wait for something in the news (here) not that much the last weeks in tv.

for me enough to come in sonkran (much water)

not need paid crazy red's to

:)

:D

Nobody can tell you that at this point. These are historic times now. The Russian authorities are telling their people to avoid Bangkok at all costs and go directly to the resorts.

ok i'll bite

why is that then?

he looks stronger than ever to me

He's responsible for the deaths of several protesters and soldiers. AND a Reuters journalist. Plus the overall attempt didn't even work, it's essentially a failed operation.

yes several protesters who were behaving in a dangerous, threatening and illegal manner that was detrimental to the countrys well being

unfortunately their terrorist like behaviour tragically took the lives of some brave soldiers doing their duty in defending this country from anarchists

do you know who shot the journalist?

what if it turns out to be red bullet

then i expect it would have to a fake red who did it

its sick how red shirts like you are trying to capitalise on these peoples deaths to support your cause

you should be ashamed

Huh.. I'm not a red shirt..? I sympathize with several of their goals, but have little confidence in the movement. I strongly suspect that most will be very happy if they just get Thaksin back, leaving the overall corrupt structures at the top in place. And it's clear to see they've tried to remain peaceful; then yesterday Abhisit loses face and the next day bullets start flying. I don't like that, I like peace. And democracy.

Nobody can tell you that at this point. These are historic times now. The Russian authorities are telling their people to avoid Bangkok at all costs and go directly to the resorts.

VERY sound advice, that. DONT stay near the Democracy monument (Khao San, Banglamphu) area especially. Best to just change your Chiang Mai flight and fly out directly without going into downtown Bangkok.

Anyone still claiming that protesters are there because of money should feel deeply ashamed of themselves.

You are telling people to be ashamed of themselves? You who have been cheerleading endlessly for a movement led by thugs, anti-royalist Maoists, and terrorists? Please spare us.

You got the blood you called for, hope your feeling better now.

Wrong. Democracy has been stolen in Thailand. Here are the key recent events:

Sep 2006: Coup removes Thaksin (because he had established himself as a dictator, no othyer legal or democratic way to remove him)

Dec 2007: People Power (allied to Thaksin) wins elections (because, like TRT before, the committed electoral fraud and paid for votes)

Sep 2008: Constitutional Court removes Samak (because he had an illegal second job and took a salary for it, then lied about that before the court and presented faked "evidence")

Dec 2008: Constitutional Court forces out Somchai as PM (wrong - court disbanded entire PPP party for electoral fraud, see above)

Dec 2008: Abhistit becomes premier, with no election (wrong - he was elected just like Samak and Somchai were, in fact from the very same people in the parliament)

My own comments are in brackets.

This sad result of today's crackdown increases Thaksin's body count. Just HOW far will this megalomaniac go for his god-dam_n Billions of Baht that he obtained illegally in first place and that he now wants back, come hel_l or high water???

When will the red-shirted people finally wake up and see that they have been lied to all along, the neither Thaksin nor their so-called "leaders" give a hoot about democracy or the well-being of farmers but that this entire show is for Thaksin and nothing but Thaksin??

I have been among those red shirts, i have talked to several of them, but i know how crowd excitement and peer pressure work, and particularly a combination of the two.... it would sadden me deepest to know that people that i have talked to are now dead or injured because of that Billionaire who is too scared to come back to his home country to at least LEAD HIS OWN dam_n FIGHT!

Sorry for becoming hot tempered but i KNOW that the broad masses of the red shirts are neither terrorists nor violent thugs, they are a bunch of people who hope for a better life and who are being betrayed and lied to by their leaders and, above all, one Thaksin Shinawatara - whom i wish a slow and painful death!

Regards......

Thanh

Check Chiang Mai too. They excited mob there too.

The truth is that Abhisit lost face yesterday and had to regain it somehow today. His "strong response" and attempts to take back the rally sites have resulted in the deaths of Thai people :)
Abhisit has now joined an elite club of Thai leaders that have ordered the army and police to shoot on their own Thai people. :D

All human beings have one brain and two halves. Some use the left one, others the right one.

And then there are those who refuse to use any altogether.

I don't think the people that were paid to protest were the ones attacking the army.

The ones that were fighting are the ones that truely believe that having Thaksin back here is a good thing.

They are the ones that should be ashamed.

I dont think anyone can tell you jingthing how things are going to be in 2 weeks time. My husband was in BKK up until wednesday, he stayed very close to Central World, it was full of redshirts, and some dep stores were closed, but no prob. Now he his due back to BKK in 5 days, is in Pattaya but is not sure if he can even get into BKK, we just have to wait and see.

You got the blood you called for, hope your feeling better now.

Who are you talking to? Winnie? If so, that would be correct if he supported the reds, as this was exactly what they were looking for, they provoked this for weeks now.