Swimming Pool Cleanliness In Condo Bkk Anyone Know How?

nycboy57

Does anyone know how I can get a testing kit for swimming pool in Condo in Bkk?

I have asked many times if they can post the testing results of the condition of the pool and when it was tested and when it was cleaned. I get no support from people in the Condo or Juristic and so many people do not take shower before entering and children are in there for hours without supervision. What would you do about either getting management to get this tested and posted and or getting a kit yourself and doing the testing yourself and what to look for in results? Thanks in advance.

For those that like to attack in their answers instead of being kind and gentle I say please take it easy in your responses. If you know the answers that are helpful great, and if you think I should know the answers and I am a dummy for not knowing what you already know just take it easy and lighten up eh? people could be getting sick in this pool and maybe you can help come up with a solution? I see Pigeons drinking out of the pool, does that mean it might not be as bad as I imagine? Remember there are no stupid questions eh? Watch out for the sarcastic remarks also.

If you have an answer that can help with this matter please be as specific as possible and speak as if to a child.I know people are dying out there and this might be something called high class problem, but still why not ask it anyway?

I think you have every right to be concerned, my gym very proudly announced that they had upgraded the swimming pool filter/cleaning system to one that did not use chlorine. I looked it up and it was a system which cleaned the water by passing it past a tube of 'magic water' (the gt200 of water filters). stopped using the swimming pool after that.

for occasional testing using test strips, which work by checking the colour of the wet strip against a chart. This company produce a full range, http://www.aquachek.com/, there are plenty of online sellers in the US and UK and the stuff is light so cheap to post.

this comes to mind

as for thailand, yellow pages might help you find a company who supply pool equipment of tools.

sorry I cannot be more help

I had a similar experience at a hotel health club pool. The pigeons were drinking the water. The water had no chlorine smell/taste. The most telling indicator was the water outlets into the pool had no flow whatsoever. One morning, I noticed a hose placed in the pool for the purpose of topping it off. Of course, I got an outer ear infection.

I have heard similar experiences from Thai friends--neighborhood pools, however, heavily cholrinated; water in the pool changed out only after very long periods. The object, of course, was for pool management to save money on their costs of operation.

I am afraid that your situation might be a case of This Is Thailand.

I know this is a really wild guess but maybe, just maybe a swimming pool supply shop could possibly have a swimming pool testing kit.

I know it's a remote possibility this being Thailand and all that, don't ya know.

Also it's remotely possible that a google search could yield some results.

Ya'll know about google right!

I ran a search and yielded 10 results in nano-seconds

http://maps.google.co.th/maps?oe=utf-8&amp...ved=0CA4QtQMwAA

I hope that's not too complicated a response.

You have every right to be concerned. I own a pool shop in Perth and have some experience with this. All I would suggest is purchasing what is called a 2 in 1 test kit.It tests chlorine and pH. The test is very simple and you should only swim in water that has a free chlorine level of between 1 and 5. Chlorine is undetectable to taste and smell in the correct concentrations and therefore the only way to be 100% sure the water is safe is to test it each and every time before you enter. If you can smell chlorine that usually means that there is not enough chlorine in the water, as what you are smelling is actually chloramines or spent chlorine. The main risk of unchlorinated water is communicable diseases which spread like wildfire through water. A previous person commented that they dont swim anymore because the pool has switched to UV water treatment as opposed to Chlorine. This is in fact a very efficient way to maintain the water and will eventually become the norm as the price continues to come down. The only problem with this is there is no residual left in the water meaning it cant be tested for. Therefore a low level of chlorine should also be maintained ideally. The water you drink is treated in exactly the same way and it is very effective in eliminating bacteria. So in a nutshell I suggest buying your own test kit, they are very cheap and available in Thailand at all pool shops and testing the water for chlorine every time before you swim. Exactly the same advice as i give to all my customers. If there is no chlorine present in the water then DONT SWIM. Its simple as that. It does not matter how many birds drink in the water how often the water is changed ( In Australia the water is NEVER changed) or how many leaves are in the water, if there is a free chlorine residual of 2 - 3 ppm and the pH is between 7 - 7.8 then you will not get sick from swimming in there.

if there is a free chlorine residual of 2 - 3 ppm and the pH is between 7 - 7.8 then you will not get sick from swimming in there.

your comment is only partly correct because CL resistant bacteria do exist and can develop even in a pool which is kept at 3ppm. a CL-shock up to 7ppm is therefore suggested 3-4 times a year.

A previous person commented that they dont swim anymore because the pool has switched to UV water treatment as opposed to Chlorine.

Off topic a bit. Unfortunately the gym were not using a UV filter, they had fallen for a classic 'activated water' scam.

The the filter used water activated a special secret electromagnetic process, then put into a sealed tube inside the filter. As the pool water passes the sealed tube, being physically close to the 'activated water', 'transference' causes the pool water to become activated and clean. :)

At least the thai tourist scammers just sell you some worthless junk that hurts your wallet rather than your health.

You have every right to be concerned. I own a pool shop in Perth and have some experience with this. All I would suggest is purchasing what is called a 2 in 1 test kit.It tests chlorine and pH. The test is very simple and you should only swim in water that has a free chlorine level of between 1 and 5. Chlorine is undetectable to taste and smell in the correct concentrations and therefore the only way to be 100% sure the water is safe is to test it each and every time before you enter. If you can smell chlorine that usually means that there is not enough chlorine in the water, as what you are smelling is actually chloramines or spent chlorine. The main risk of unchlorinated water is communicable diseases which spread like wildfire through water. A previous person commented that they dont swim anymore because the pool has switched to UV water treatment as opposed to Chlorine. This is in fact a very efficient way to maintain the water and will eventually become the norm as the price continues to come down. The only problem with this is there is no residual left in the water meaning it cant be tested for. Therefore a low level of chlorine should also be maintained ideally. The water you drink is treated in exactly the same way and it is very effective in eliminating bacteria. So in a nutshell I suggest buying your own test kit, they are very cheap and available in Thailand at all pool shops and testing the water for chlorine every time before you swim. Exactly the same advice as i give to all my customers. If there is no chlorine present in the water then DONT SWIM. Its simple as that. It does not matter how many birds drink in the water how often the water is changed ( In Australia the water is NEVER changed) or how many leaves are in the water, if there is a free chlorine residual of 2 - 3 ppm and the pH is between 7 - 7.8 then you will not get sick from swimming in there.

Thank you and all for your comments and help on this matter. Except for one sarcastic response which was so unnecessarily rude and hurtful, everyone was kind and gentle and caring. I just don't get why

people have to show how smart they are when a simple down to earth answer is sufficient. I am not in the mental health profession and I did kind of beg to be answered with some form of civility but if

I only got one nasty response out of so many decent kind caring people then I am way ahead of the game. Sincerely to those answers thanks again.