Should Your Luk Kreung Be More Thai Than Farang?

eurasianthai

I hope that my daughter will be exactly what she wants to be and do exactly what she wants to do. And that she will know when to just be satisfied when she's in the mood for that

She will finish university first in 20 years time and will only be half way through her working life in 40 years time, that indicate to me that her Asian background will be more important for her future success than her European background. Europe and America will have struggled to stand still for over 20 years when my daughter is only half way through her working life. Future opportunities will mainly be in Asia my friends. English will not be enough in 40 years time, Mandarin will be equally or more important. Understanding western culture will not be enough in 40 years time, understanding Asian (especially Chinese) culture will be more important.

I took my daughter down to Central World Sunday 23-May and taught her that you don't have to be afraid of police and soldiers if you are a good person, that the smell was that of burning and that the red shirts who burned down all the buildings were in jail now (well, most of the leaders anyway) - very good moral stories to tell a 5-year-old. I told my daughter to smile to the police, and to the soldiers for helping the police to restore order in Thailand, and then stepping back again tending their dead

Should Your Luk Kreung Be More Thai Than Farang?, Or a balance of both?

She should be a balance of both of course :)