Moto Gp

Er . . . . they got nowhere to post this; so don't mind me . . . .

Am back in my home land, was fooling around with some big bike boys last night; with special permission from the traffic police chief and the city council whistling.gif on a stretch of highway especially made for high speed testing biggrin.gif and I'm specially licensed of course blink.gif

Managed 316km/h last night on a Hayabusa . . . . GPS, not speedometer ph34r.gifbiggrin.gif Not my ride though annoyed.gif

Yea I know; irrelevant . . . . but god it felt great! cool.gif

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Kawsaki thanks for the great photos as well as inspiration.

I have two daughters ,one likes bikes, she is 3. Shall I get her a bike now?

The Moto2 race was increadible, the commentators were the same as a horse race.

How great is it to see this close world class racing ???????????????

We must be aware of the rise of Andrea Iannone and Scot Redding, these are the stars of the future.

I almost had kittens whilst watching the race, my wife thought I was in need of medical treatment.

:D:D:D:D

You want to know about kids and me, my son has always loved bikes from very young, no encouragement from me of course.:whistling:

The girls are and can be as good as the guys, light in weight, quick thinking, mini-motos even the starters at only polini 49cc engines are

too fast for the first bike, the twist and go semi auto's are good starters, my son started on a Yamaha PW50 and then on to an PW80.

Then he went 2 stroke motocrosser Kwacka 80 and 100, then Suk 125, then his time had come in UK for him to start on the road.

lt was on his actual 16th Birthday with a 50 cc Derby, which he liked but hated because it was nothing compared to what he was use to.

l gave up telling him not to ride it with his feet on the saddle and sitting on the handle bars while riding along, it was a joke of a bike to him

but he had to put up with it, even though he derestricted it, it was better but still well down on power .

Once the year of punishment was over as he saw it, bless him, he when straight for a two stoke Yamaha 125cc motad because they had speed over 4stokes, he derestricted that to.

He passed his test first time but had to wait two years another thing he hated, before he was able to ride something bigger and l think that was restricted to 600.

l would let him have a go now and again on my precious 92 Fireblade just so he could get a grin on his face.

The two years were up and he chose the R6 over my choice of CBR600RR, that was for him to decide he wasn't my baby anymore.

l came to retire in Thailand and things went great for me for a few years until the day the phone rang saying my Luke had been in a serious accident, l wished they had said he was OK first before telling me that.

These two young lads in a Fiat Punto drugged up and drunk according to his mate who was behind him when it happened, turned into a right hand turning, just as Luke was riding through giving him no time to react, slammed into him, Luke was hit by the front bonnet of the car, went on into smashing the front windscreen, slide up and along the roof and ending up hitting the kerb some distance behind unconsious.

Lukes mate ran up to them and said to the guys have you got a phone, just as some other people came running up to attend to Luke, the guys did no more than try to start the car to get away but it was knacker so they both ran off, leaving the car where it was.

Luke is OK now, he was a tough enough lad to make the punto a right off and the cops were great they told his sister that even though he was wearing the proper gear they were pleased to see he was OK it must have saved him from that type of collision.

Anyhow he has got his 750 now and is grinning from ear to ear but is a bit fed up with his sister telling him to limp when he go into court, l think she is hoping for a big compo pay out.

l read that some of you guys have had some tumbles, me, l have been riding for nigh on 58years and no accidents only small ones in cars, guess someones been looking over my shoulder.:D

Thanks for the story there mate. Your son sounds he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. <deleted> ran off :angry: , were they caught?

Philip Island Report

Well I've been to the Island numerous times and have experienced the very worst and best of the weather. I told my missus and the two boys how cold, wet and windy it might be, and encouraged them on our pre MotoGP shopping trip to buy shall we say warmer but less fashionable clobber, shoes, gloves, beanies etc, but they chose poorly. Luckily I had stashed a few of my warmer jackets and gloves into the bottom of my luggage and I made them buy long johns with the promise that no-one would see these anyway. We didn't go on the Friday as it was pouring rain and I didn't want to push my luck, and perhaps have them reject the idea of going on the Sunday. The Saturday was bitterly cold and windy but fortunately the showers were only intermittent. You could see that the conditions were affecting the riders, especially the wind, where they come up over Lukey Heights and the southerly picks them up just as they are apexing the corner at the top of the hill. Race day came and the conditions improved but it was still cool and breezy with gusty moments. 125s were down on pace, the Moto 2 is an awesome pack but as in MotoGP once you get a second between the riders at the Island it really is a noticeable gap. I liked Scott Redding's style and surely he will win soon, De Angelis has got a lot of experience on him. Casey opened his gap on the first lap and really never looked back, I think Jorge was more looking over his shoulder making sure the Doctor didn't come on rather than really trying to chase Casey but the Doctor was busy with Nicky. No Dani and little of Dovi, Spies would have been disappointed I think and the rest are the rest.

Overall it was not the best GP to take them to as a first time, I would have rather gone with a couple of old mates as we did in 2007, rode 2500 ks to get there from Brisbane, up and down the Great Divide every day on our Monsters and then when we got there at least I was sitting with people who knew what was going on and were willing to sit up half the night over a few sherbets reliving the day. My Thais couldn't wait to get back to the hotel, scoff down some takeaway and turn the central heating up to a level that would put anyone to sleep. Oh well this is what happens when life moves on, you chuck out the old and in with the new. Next year I'll take em to Sepang, it'll be much easier with the trip, not to mention the visas, and the fact that the track is a bit of a paper clip wont worry them. I'll see if I can convince a couple of the old firm to meet me there.

lastly so sorry, no photos yet one of the boys deleted the entire chip, I have got my mate recovering them for me but haven't received the disc from him yet.

" soihok " ans to post 213.

Yes buddy they gave themselves up after hiding out for a few days then turn up at the police station.

Long list of charges brought against them after the witnesses reports.

With police evidence the insurance company of the car owner paid up quick.

My Luke is just waiting for his compensation, hence the crack about his sister telling him to make sure he limbs going into court.

Hope he gets a biggen maybe he can help his Dad out then.:whistling:

Bluetoungue.

I took my (Thai) missus to a wet and windy Donnington in 2009.

The car had to park about two light years away from where I had tickets to sit.

It was ridiculously cold for July ,which is the middle of summer in England.

I also made the mistake of taking my 18 month old daughter with us ( no one to look after her ).

Last year I took my Thai bro in law to Sepang , it was really good and a world better than the cow fields of central England.

Sepang is a really good place to go to see the show, we stayed at a hotel between the track and circuit. I would really recommend a stay there.

I think it was called The Concorde Hotel . Cheapish and good value.

Sorry about the weather.

Kwasaki......I,m really happy that the <deleted> were held to account.

Scum.

Really looking forward to the races today, a world champ in the 125's and a great finalee to an aoutstanding year for Lorenzo.

Watched qualifying last night, Stoner sliding the bike out of corners.

Well done to Simoncelli to get a front row, it also looked as if the Doctor was going to be on the forth row untilhe pulled his finger out , so to speak.

Cheers

Well I missed qualifying, but Stoner will bin it or win it I think. Jorge will be trying reasonably hard so looking forward to it. Valencia can throw up a surprise so I'll throw Hayden in. Dani must be getting stronger now so if Stoner copies the Autumn leaf he might get in.

Elias to put the stamp on his season, Iannone can beat him but first he has to finish aka Stoner. Throw Redding in again. or ? or ? or ?, its a bit like that.

Marquez Terol Espargaro to beat a fading Smith.

The real challenge is figuring out who is coming on strong for next year and waiting out these raceless months. I've only got a bit of farming, teaching and learning to do hope I dont go mad. Got my leathers and other gear here with me now, might do a track day at Pattaya if they're still on.

Good on yer Bluetongue. Raceless months ahead indeed. My, how the time runs by.

I have heaps of things to keep me busy with the job and kids, as well as listening to the sadness that Sheffield United are churning out.

Before you know it it'll be time for the night race in Qatar.

:)

Looking forward to the last races of the year......game on!

I,m going to commit to taking the family to Sepang next year, if we are still in Singapore.

At least it will make a mends with the missus after the wintery ( mid summer ) 2009 races in the UK.

Sepang is a totally different ball game.

Don't forget.....The Concorde Hotel near the airport.....but book at least a few months in advance.

Cheers

Emotional times at Valaencia.

Great to see the rise of a star, the star being Marc Marquez and great respect is due.

So all 3 world champions in the Motogp series this year are from Spain.

Will it ever happen for British riders?

The day belongs to Marc, I even had a tier in my eye when watching Bradley on the top spot.

Brilliant times.....wish I was there!

Great finale to an up and down year for most riders and to a dominant year for Lorenzo.

Rossi stopping to hug his M1 after the race, its hard to believe that he has been with Yamaha for 7 years!

Moto2 signed off with yet another nail biter.

With Toni in the gravel.

I,m going to commit to taking the family to Sepang next year, if we are still in Singapore.

At least it will make a mends with the missus after the wintery ( mid summer ) 2009 races in the UK.

Sepang is a totally different ball game.

Don't forget.....The Concorde Hotel near the airport.....but book at least a few months in advance.

Cheers

Shall we meet in Sepang for a fun MotoGP round next year? Pls. let me know once you are sure whether you will go or not.......Me and my wife will be glad to join you!!!

Cheers

Great finale to an up and down year for most riders and to a dominant year for Lorenzo.

Rossi stopping to hug his M1 after the race, its hard to believe that he has been with Yamaha for 7 years!

With Toni in the gravel.

MotoGP 2010 season - My vote for each rider

* Lorenzo - 10 / I have only one word for him "PERFECTION"

* Pedrosa - 7.5 / Very weak and no regularity......Spain and Honda is expecting more from him

* Rossi - 8 / I'm a Rossi fan so this vote might be too high.......but In my opinion he has done a good season knowing that he had a broken leg and damage shoulder.

* Stoner - 7 / Rolling Stoner..........too many crashes in one season!

* Dovizioso - 7 / Will he ever be fighting to be WC??? He needs to be more consistent and aggressive.

* Spies - 8.5 / Great season for him. The best choice to replace Rossi.

* Hayden - 6.5 / Great start of the season but slowly got flat...........

* Simoncelli - 7 / Good season. I expect him to sign for Repsol Honda soon.....

* De Puniet - 6 / Great start of the season but after injured...............dissapeared

* Melandri - 5.5 / Bye Bye Bambino. Nothing good this season.

* Edwards - 4 / What is going on Colin?

* Babera - 5 / Good rider poor bike

* Bautista - 5 / ................I do not know what to say???

* Espargaro - 5 / Pass. He is doing the right thing going to Moto2

* Aoyama - 4 / We all expected more from him.

* Capirossi - 3 / Time to retire?

* Kallio - 2 / He reminded me of Raikonnen last season in Ferrari...........lost and reluctant

Cheers guys!!!

With Toni in the gravel.

Rossi.....seven years in Yamaha!!!

post-104445-0-47827800-1289189821_thumb.

post-104445-0-80645000-1289189833_thumb.

Hi Soihok n co

Yes went to Sepang in 08 and stayed at the Empress, wouldn't particularly recommend that to anyone. Am told that the Concorde is the go but I couldn't confirm until probably May or so.

Yes last night was good entertainment in all 3 races, I think Marquez could have easily won his race but I like Smith anyway so no worries.

Karel Abraham at least I can put a face to the name now and any of them could have won it really.

Lastly Lorenzo hunting down Stoner and disposing of him and leaving Rossi in his wake was a really impressive way to finish and puts him as my number one tip for next year. (Even though he is not my pet).

Without looking at early Valencia testing I am picking Jorge 1 Casey 2 Dani 3 Ben 4 Andrea 5 and Nicky 6. I cant put Valentino in there I just have this feeling that next year is the year he drops out of the A list. I have a terrible record of picking though so go easy on me.

Ride carefully, and only go over 300 ks in the circumstances described by Valdezugar

Hi Soihok n co

Yes went to Sepang in 08 and stayed at the Empress, wouldn't particularly recommend that to anyone. Am told that the Concorde is the go but I couldn't confirm until probably May or so.

Yes last night was good entertainment in all 3 races, I think Marquez could have easily won his race but I like Smith anyway so no worries.

Karel Abraham at least I can put a face to the name now and any of them could have won it really.

Lastly Lorenzo hunting down Stoner and disposing of him and leaving Rossi in his wake was a really impressive way to finish and puts him as my number one tip for next year. (Even though he is not my pet).

Without looking at early Valencia testing I am picking Jorge 1 Casey 2 Dani 3 Ben 4 Andrea 5 and Nicky 6. I cant put Valentino in there I just have this feeling that next year is the year he drops out of the A list. I have a terrible record of picking though so go easy on me.

Ride carefully, and only go over 300 ks in the circumstances described by Valdezugar

Hi guys

I've been to Sepang few times and usually stay in downtown KL. It is always a fun weekend with with few shows and parties in the city.

I also went in 08 and I remember that in race day it was unbelievably hot......it was the first time I used an umbrella to hide from the sun!!! I managed to get a paddock pass for me and my wife so we really enjoyed taking pictures with most of the riders that weekend.........If next year you are going, I suggest you guys to go and try this restaurant (pls. see picture). It is located in KAJANG (quite close to KL) and they have the best satay I've tried!!!

post-104445-0-23871700-1289267037_thumb.

Cheers

Cheers

Nice one with getting the paddock passes.

If its on with a trip to Sepang next year with the family we will stay close to the track I think, a three year old and an eight year old ( who is disabled ) makes any travel difficult.

We will see.

I,m impressed with Honda announcing a 3 factory bike team for next year.

Nice one Honda :)

Yea; some great racing in the smaller classes. Big ups to Lorenzo; he was the man this year. I agree with Soihok that Marquez is a star for the future.

Now I'm gotta find something to deal with the withdrawal symptoms. Got a 150cc 8 hour endurance race to prep for; but that's only in late December. Methinks a trip up the coast to visit my cousins is in order.

I think there will be some surprises next year as the usual suspects will all be developing for the capacity change in 2012; so the satellite teams may actually do better than the factory teams. next year is up for grabs for the smaller players.

What's this I hear about the Supersport class at SBK being canned because of Moto2? Any weight to that rumour?

Have a good endurance race mate.

This year's races have been great, Moto2 is a sure winner. A world better than 250's, sorry stroker fans.

Well 2010 is done, so all eyes to 2011 and there is a thread open here

Cheers always.......... :D:wai:

• 1 month later...

I thought I would reply on this thread because my Mrs has bought me the whole 18 MotoGP 2010 series on Cd's for a new year present so I can get into it in a way you can only do by actually watching the races.

Although a year late it's still great, it is making me see all the riders for what they are instead of just knowing the results.

Just finished looking at Catalunya.

I think the leg hanging out thing is a bad idea, I would of thought the only thing it would do is slow you down by the wind force giving you the splits.

Still track days was as near as I got to racing a motorbike.

Have a good Christmas and a great new year you guys , Regards K.

• 4 weeks later...

Watched all 18 races 2010 MotoGP back to back.

Well !!! Congrats Jorge outstanding performance, would not be surprised if he takes the crown in 2011.

Impressed with Ben, could be one to look out for.

We all know about Valentino, if the Ducati bike is sorted for him like the Honda and the Yam was for him and his fit we are in for some great competitive racing. They talk of many changes to the 2010 bike.

Impressed with Nicky too got stuck in there quite a lot and it showed he has got what it takes, maybe he thinks too much.

I think Casey will be good on a Honda after the wild beast he has been trying to tame, hope it works well for him, I think he will dominate Danny and Andrea.

Nice to hear Cal in MotoGP and good to hear Toni back he can always be a fly in the ointment.

The way Marco was mixing it towards the end of the season if the 2011 Honda he has is up to scratch, there's going to be a fair amount of fairing bashing, he reminds me of Loris of old.

Hope I can get a channel in Thailand to watch 2011.