Replace Battery

james24

Hi

Im thinking of buying a second hand airblade and just want some quick advice. By the pics it seems in pretty good nick but have been told that its 3 years old, done 700km only and the battery may have to be replaced as it hasnt started. With the bike not starting is it really just a matter of changing the battery and if so how much do the batts cost for airblabes. The price is 35,000 for the bike.

Cheers

mmm thats interesting as the kick start Ive been told was quite difficult to start too.... what could that mean? Bit concerned about that, is that a problem with the engine...? Also how much are the new ones as Ive been told a sum I think is incorrect, anyone have a link...?

Edited by james24

700 km in 3 years and can't start, uh :) . That's what we do in a month on the Fino, is it farang owned, no Thai owned bike have 700 km on the clock after 3 years (99.9% of them) but min 10 times more.

Don't make any commitments before a bike shop have checked it thoroughly.

An airblade 3 years old and 700 k's on the reading ? It would signal hands off! to me . . why spent 35ooo on a bike that cost just sligthly more when you buy it new PLUS warranty one year plus no feeble feelings ??? c'mon, the bike did not get any better when it was parked off somewhere and nobody revved the engine in years ? It might well be corroded a bit , inside the engine I assume. Should check all bearings thoroughly etc. Otherwise if it is suppa-clean and revvs easy, it will have more km's actually than the posted 700 - I rode 700 on my new Yamaha Nouvo in just one month . . .

Leave it alone. It has done so little mileage that one has to wonder why. If the mileage is genuine there may be issues with corrosion. If it has been clocked because it has high mileage, leave it alone.

How much is a new one? 35,000 Bt for a 3 year old bike seems high.

mmm ok yeh it does seem high, I think with all that Ive learnt today 22-25 would be the most Id pay for this one, any opinions or just leave it right alone...? How much are the new airblades... the f.i ones

cheers

mmm right ok, Ill bear that in mind. How much are the new ones to buy anyway, Im now lookin at clicks as they seem cheaper to run.

Comeon James, be a big boy and use your goggle search engine :)

http://www.motorcycle.in.th/staticpages/in...ycle_Price_List

Between 53-57k depending on model.

Honda only sell fuel injected bike nowadays.

yeh i saw that one but cant find anywhere in chiang mai that has them, so last question click or airblade? Gonna be travelling around alot, e.g. uphills, downhills, long distance etc ...

That is completely up to your taste, as far as I can see on the price list, same engine.

The best to do, is go rent one and each model for a day or 2 and then make up your mind. Be aware of that rental bike are often in shitty condition so not always an accurate way to judge, but it will give you a good indication of comfort & handling and so on.

BTW, why do you want a Honda? Yamaha make very good scooters too?

Enjoy your scooter whatever you choose and ride safely :)

oh blimey now im considering a wave, ive heard they ae great actually better for long windy uphill downhill travels and petrol mileage is better than clicks, oh what to do!

Are you taking the piss??

Okay why don't you buy one of those, beginner's model from that manufacturer, should get you up a windy road and then some :)

http://www.bosshoss.com/view_bike.asp?x=BHC3ZZ4

quick update, jus bought a new honda click pgm I tune up for 44,000, (display model) quite happy with that. Although perhaps because this is the first time it was driven but the exhaust was so hot on a short drive!! It doesnt have any coolant in it at mo by the looks of things could that be it...?

mmm just done a quick test drive, front wheel feels very strange, alot of vibration and can feel when the front wheel has gone round fully, almost like its rubs something on each spin, any ideas guys....?

quick update, jus bought a new honda click pgm I tune up for 44,000, (display model) quite happy with that. Although perhaps because this is the first time it was driven but the exhaust was so hot on a short drive!! It doesnt have any coolant in it at mo by the looks of things could that be it...?

What do you mean a "display model"? If it was a demo model (unusual here) then it wouldn't have been the first time it was driven; if it was a "display" model, as new, why did you get any discount (not that you got much!)?

No! No coolant would make the engine overheat, not the exhaust. The exhaust should hardly get hot at all, comparatively - if it did the guard would melt.

Put the bike on the centre stand and prop it up so you can spin the front wheel by hand. If its binding, you should be able to see if there is a problem with the brake, if its not in the fork straight, if its buckled, if there's any air in the wheel, etc. I drive a friend's one regularly and there's no vibration at all, and that's three years old.